$105 For A Parking Ticket!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York' started by morgan_mr, Mar 1, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

Do you have to get permission from the state AG to file suit against a state or local agency up there?
  2. morgan_mr

morgan_mr

I'm no lawyer, but this kind of stuff sickens me.....
  3. Daniel_NYC

Daniel_NYC

True Story

A 16 year old was stealing cars for a chop shop. He had no license but was driving down the street when he heard sirens and saw lights coming up behind him.

He panicked and went through a red light where another cop car with lights and sirens t-boned him in the intersection.

The cops were responding to some other emergency, the kid just assumed that they were coming for him.

Well this kid got no jail time and turned around and sued the city because in the accident, he broke his legs and can't get around that well anymore.

The case went to a jury trial, where the judge ruled that the following things could not be mentioned in the court room:

That the car he was driving in was not his and in fact stolen.
    That he did not have a license to drive.
    That he went through the red light.

All the jury heard was this kid was driving down the street, minding his own buisness, when a speeding police car collided with the vehicle he was driving and caused him physical harm.

The jury awarded him in the 10's of millions of dollars, because he had his whole life in front of him and is now a cripple.

Now you know why Bloomberg want's to put a cap on tort litigations.

The other problem is this:
    The Corporation Counsel (The entity that defends the city against allegations such as this) is notoriously staffed with "green", didn't do so great in law school attorneys, who are no match for these high profile "I smell a big pay day lawyers".

Did you know that an Auto Mechanic that works for the city of New York gets paid more than a Lawyer or Doctor that works for the city? I am talking base salary excluding overtime, cause Mechanics get it and the doctors and lawyers can't. If I included it the Mechanic is good for $80K/annum and the doctors base pay is $60K
  4. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

I avoided even the slightest chance of ticket this past Wed. during my late afternoon visit to the city. I parked in a lot on 29th-between 7th and 8th for nearly 2 hours. The total cost was $10. It had my mind and ease.
  5. danger-us

danger-us BACKCHANNEL BOY

Re: FWIW

What about when you cum 5 minutes into an hour session? Can you plead a fast peter?

"really, it's not my fault".
  6. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

FWIW

I've gotten my share of tickets in our fair city, 90% for expired meters and what I do each and ever time is to appeal it as a fast meter. They have to check the record for that meter, and about 60% of the time the ticket has been dismissed. Worst case you have to pay the original fine but it will buy you some time if you’re low on funds.
  7. danger-us

LOL, yeah, I'll tell that to the judge!
  8. justlooking

justlooking

Your problem is that there was no violation.
  9. danger-us

So my next step is to appeal the ticket at the Violations Office, downtown on Worth Street.

I'll go before the judge and pleed my case. Any advice?

(I hope it's a cute female judge.)
  10. ClubAntidote

ClubAntidote

Re: Re: Traffic Cops are just like strippers

?
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2003
  11. ClubAntidote

ClubAntidote

Re: Traffic Cops are just like strippers

Danger
    You are a funny mother fucker! IM just trying to picture that and I can't stop laughin! Your name definitely fit's you!
    Take care pal!

M.
  12. replaceholder

replaceholder

Re: Traffic Cops are just like strippers

She just didn't want to get reviewed. Its kinda sweet really.

Plus BigMadM's been tipping her 50 bucks every time he gets a ticket, so the market's all out of whack on this....

-RPH
  13. replaceholder

replaceholder

Re: Re: Re: Re: There's a good

Good point. Very true. Everyone, and every thing, has a price.
  14. danger-us

Traffic Cops are just like strippers

Slinky, read this before finalizing your opinion.

Last month I walked back to my car to find a female traffic officer
    writing me up a $105 ticket. $105? For what? All she does is write
    a few lines on a ticket. I'll be damned if I'm not gonna try to at least
    haggle a CBJ out of the deal.

First I asked the traffic cop for full service (even though I knew a mere $105 wouldn't
    get me that far.) The traffic cop ignored me, but I figure I'm still in the running
    for a blow job.

I compliment how cute she looked in her uniform.
    "It's a shame it hides your juicy large breasts, officer ma'am".

She did not respond.

Then I said "Gee, you write so nicely. I'll bet you are very good with
    your hands." (Maybe I'll convince her to give me a hand job?)

No. She still does not respond.
    She finishes writing the ticket, places it on my windshield and leaves.

Slinky, for the $105 it was going to cost me, she should have blown me.
    You know it and I know it.

I spend over 10 minutes complimenting and haggling with this woman,
    and she did not touch my genitalia.

It's just like the stripper scenario. Shameful behavior on her part.
  15. danger-us

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is it true?

The family of a thief was just awarded a large sum because a guy protected his home windows with electricity. The thief died, and now his family members are millionaires.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2003
  16. ClubAntidote

ClubAntidote

Re: Re: Re: Is it true?

Replace

Ya wanna hear something even crazier? It's true even if you leave something on the roof of your house (could be anything)
    and it actracts someone to go up and steal it, if they should hurt themselfs in the process of stealing it you have a law suit on your hand's. It's a fact.

M.
  17. ClubAntidote

ClubAntidote

Re: Re: Re: $105 For A Parking Ticket!!!!!

Morgan

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

M.
  18. ClubAntidote

ClubAntidote

Re: Re: Re: There's a good

Replace

It's not the City or even the Government they don't give a fuck!
    It's the insurance company's that have enough money to pay off the politicians so they don't have to pay out so much when an accident is claimed. (Haven't seen you at CA.)

M.
  19. ClubAntidote

ClubAntidote

Re: Re: Is it true?

Replace...
    "Those guys are a bunch of degenerates who should die a slow death involving a blowtorch and an icepick".

Now your the kinda guy IM lookin for! What crew u wit?
    LOL LOL LOL ! YOUR AN EVIL FUCK! LOL! You got me laughin like like a mother fucker! LOL ! Take care pal.

M.
  20. replaceholder

replaceholder

Re: Re: Is it true?

That will get you arrested for assualt. No kidding, you are not allowed to for example: tape razor blades to your steering wheel, or rig a shotgun under your seat. Even if the person whose face is blown off was trying to steal your car. I think the reasoning is twofold: 1) emergency workers sometimes have to screw with your car, and 2) its vigilantism, which cops don't dig.

-RPH