2017 Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LISteve, Oct 8, 2016.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. AssMan19

AssMan19

Yes I remember how high the organization was on Montero. He is still young but he just doesn't make good pitches and his walks kill him. Anyone watching him pitch this year knows what to expect tonight. I just hope that after 5 innings if he gets through 5 that the Mets still have a chance to win the game.
    lightweight likes this.
  2. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

I will take 5 inning out of Montero. If you remember back when, Montero was a big time prospect.....He basically sucks now...
  3. AssMan19

AssMan19

I heard Joe Girardi talk about the 20 blown saves this year which he down played it. That is an alarming statistic!!! Despite the blown save last night I still like their bullpen but like my Met team your starting pitching staff all of sudden can't stay healthy!!! It makes the Gray acquisition look very important indeed. I heard the Yankees might be starting a Met old farm hand Cessa which is better than our guy Montero. I will be surprise if Montero get through 5 innings under 100 pitches.
  4. AssMan19

AssMan19

Hey Joeyboy, Stanton is the fastest player to get to 250 home runs!!! He is also a very good defensive right fielder and has a gun for an arm!!! Right now he is on a tear like nothing I have ever seen before. He is a special talent and is also a good guy.
    hardndslick likes this.
  5. joeyboy

joeyboy

I agree LISteve,last nite was awful. Seeing the look on Ramirez face after Chapman blew him away was funny.I was shoked when that kid hit that home run!
  6. LISteve

LISteve

This is his best year of his career. PLease note that the season is not over and Stanton loves the DL so .... don't count your chickens before they hatch!
    joeyboy likes this.
  7. LISteve

LISteve

Awful game last night. I was sitting there in the 9th. Chapman had just blown away Ramirez . and I actually said to myself ..... good game! Love Monty pitching really well and the bullpen held them down. Then that kid hit a homer. All of a sudden it goes from great game to awful. 20 blown saves at this point in the season is simply too many. This team is not ready. They need to get healthy and STAY ON THE FIELD. Castro is missed at second base and they MUST GET MORE out of 1B and 3B. Chase Headley, Todd Frazier and Ellsbury suck and must be disposed of. Maybe next year with a full season of Gray, Severino, Montgomerry in the rotation and a stacked bullpen .... maybe we can have a real playoff team.
    hardndslick and joeyboy like this.
  8. joeyboy

joeyboy

First home run Chapman gives up all season and it is a crusher! would have been only 3 1/2 back instead of 5 1/2
  9. joeyboy

joeyboy

Hit 42nd home run today and now has 90 RBI. For his career he now has 250 Homeruns in only 941 games and is only 27yrs old
    lightweight likes this.
  10. joeyboy

joeyboy

Now Tanaka to DL The rotation is in shambles!!
  11. joeyboy

joeyboy

A huge comeback almost turned into a horrible loss last night.Chapman walking the bases loaded in the 9th.Still the Yankees leaving way too many runners on base.
  12. AssMan19

AssMan19

As long as the Yankees can continue to put runs on the board their chances of going to the post season is great. They have one of the best bullpens in baseball so if they can get 5 or 6 innings out of their starters and hit they are fine with the staff they have in place. Judge is reminding me of what the pitchers are doing to Cespedes, throwing high fastballs and mixing breaking pitches on the outer part of the plate. Until Judge makes the necessary adjustments consider this slumping continuing.
  13. NINE-LIVES

NINE-LIVES

No chance he opts out, unless he finishes next 7 weeks on fire, judging from last nights start he not even smoldering right now.
  14. LISteve

LISteve

Oh if he opts out ... I agree ... he can go. Mayeb I wold consider signing him back at a discount.
  15. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley

As in stuff it up his ass. I'm done waiting for him.
    Yeah I'm sure we will be stuck with him.
  16. hardndslick

hardndslick

I Agee that he probably won't opt out. But if he does, then get him go. He's paid like an ace but is not even close to one
  17. LISteve

LISteve

Hardndslick ... TANAKA has the opt out. There is NO WAY he is opting out of his contract now. He won't get as much money. He's not going anywhere. I think he can bounce back. He has great stuff - he is just not consistent.
    joeyboy likes this.
  18. hardndslick

hardndslick

Tanaka has a opt out clause this year. Let him go.. We have to deal will Ellsbury because of what is owed to him. A little more than 21 million over each of the next four years. Who would pick that up for a broken down 30 something outfielder who always is getting hurt? Shoulda kept granderson
  19. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley

I thought Tanaka's contract was up but obviously not. I'd rather have CC for one year at 25 bucks a game as a 4 or 5.
    Fuck bird it's been two years and he breaks something getting out of bed.
    Third base? Torres? Too bad he got hurt he could have played winter ball and gotten a feel for it.
    Ellsbury...puke!!!!!
  20. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

The Yankees should make the playoffs.
    And since we are on the subject of the Mets, Al they need next year is a little tweaking here and there and a whole lot of health, and we will be really good.