2018 Yankees

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LISteve, Oct 22, 2017.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. hardndslick

hardndslick

She's been a busy mom. We haven't been able to connect.
    Not for the lack of trying.
  2. Mr. Wiggley

Mr. Wiggley But what do I know I'm a bad guy

Not to stray off topic but....no more NND?
  3. hardndslick

hardndslick

I was thinking the same thing about jaba
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  4. Mr. Wiggley

Didn't think anything of the comment, and agree.
    As for Betances yeah think it's time. Might even have been time last year. Hoping they don't pull a Jaba and wait forever.
  5. hardndslick

hardndslick

I'm about done with Betances. He probably needs a change. They should trade him before its too late to get anything good for him.

The comment I made about it only being April wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I'm just saying that it's still early.
  6. Mr. Wiggley

When I said pitching I meant bullpen after they blew several leads.
    However don't remember anyone ever saying goddam if we only won that game April 4th.
    If Betances can remove his head from his ass it creates a whole other level of flexibility.
  7. LISteve

LISteve

A little life last night. It is April 17th. You will soon see the Yankees start to warm up and start winning series. Judge, Didi and Sanchez are really hitting. Let's get some of the others going and get the bullpen straightened out and we will be fine.
  8. hardndslick

hardndslick

Only half way through April
  9. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

Maybe we over rated them.
    We never thought though that their pitching would be anything special. We knew that they had to hit to win. Bullpen would be good, and Betances really sucks. Starting pitching was to be ok... I would think at some pint like early May, they win like 12 out of 15 games, then everything changes. I can see that happening unless the pitching doesn't improve.
  10. lightweight

lightweight Moderator

Maybe we over rated them.
  11. Mr. Wiggley

And the pitching has been shit
    joeyboy likes this.
  12. hardndslick

hardndslick

Enjoy it while you can. June is right around the corner. We all know what happens to them in June.
    joeyboy likes this.
  13. pet2

pet2

At least one New York baseball team is in first place with the best record in mlb Be thankful !!
  14. joeyboy

joeyboy

Tough loss today!! Bases loaded in the 12th Judge and Stanton couldn't get it done
  15. Mr. Wiggley

Maybe he becomes the Yankees Phil Simms, gets through injuries early and becomes rock solid for 7-8 years. One can hope.
    Bird, Tyler Austin, Clint Frazier. Talented but they need to get healthy. Of course Torres also.
    Future bodes well.....if.
  16. hardndslick

hardndslick

I know it's early, but I just want to thank Derek Jeter for Stanton..
    The Exiled likes this.
  17. LISteve

LISteve

Season starts today!! I will say at least 95 wins. We will take the division. After that it is tough to say. Which team is healthy and who is set up with the pitching. Things I like about this team: GREAT and I really mean GREAT bullpen. Every single arm out there is excellent. Chapman, Robertson, Betances, Kahnle, Green, Warren, Shreve and Holder. I love the middle of the lineup - Judge, Stanton and Sanchez. The starting rotation will be better than people think. What I am worried about: Bird's health - he is a difference maker. Yankees not willing to bring up Torres when he is ready because they have a gay love affair with Neil Walker (Ex- Steven Drew and Aaron Hicks), They continue to play Hicks if he sucks like most of his career.

Play Ball!
  18. LISteve

LISteve

He has a very good bat. I will give him one last chance before giving up on him. This reminds me of Michael Pineda. Constant teasing of great performances but never able to stay on the field.
  19. hardndslick

hardndslick

He's still cheap. So you kinda have to ride it out. He's our best first base option at this point.
  20. vad1

vad1

Mr. Wigs,

Welcome back!

Missed you and your posts.

V
    hardndslick likes this.