631-838-8833 • We Treat U Like King • Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon

Discussion in 'Long Island' started by kardshark, Oct 17, 2010.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

Great. You can be a moderator then. Maybe you can fix the website. Apparently the board is broken, as guys can't see the last 24 hours on their phone. :rolleyes:
    Waterclone likes this.
  2. sculptor69

sculptor69

So, just to clear the air.

When I composed my post to this thread, the last post that appeared on my phone was by “liguy93” – Post #442 – where he asks if another member can assist. For whatever reason, the subsequent posts, where the street address was deleted, did not appear on the website on my phone and I did not know that action was already taken – otherwise, I would not have even bothered to post my comment. So, thanks for removing the street address.
  3. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

This is confusing. Of all the guys here who talk shit or post without thinking, I wouldn't put sculptor in that category. Is it possible he sent that earlier and it just didn't post until late last night? Or maybe wrote it offline and posted without seeing the last 2 posts? He seems like a reasonable guy. Hard to imagine him going off about something that had already been taken care of.
  4. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

HAVE YOU NOT READ THE LAST FEW POSTS? We resolved this. Why do you have to chime in and stir up shit again?
    I already took the "house" number out of the thread title. And the street location is clearly in their ad, as I showed by copying and pasting two of their ads. So why do I have to remove that, too?
    Why is UG suddenly responsible for outing this place? You think the backyard neighbors are not aware of what is going on there? Or that the two businesses on either side of them don't know it, too? After all, how many men have to visit a supposedly two-family house in a day until the neighbors become suspicious.

YA KNOW WHAT. YOU GUYS CAN GO FUCK YOURSELVES AND POLICE EACH OTHER. I'M TIRED OF THE ASSHOLES ON HERE. YOU BROKE ME. I'M DONE MODERATING.
  5. sculptor69

sculptor69

So, I've refrained from making a comment on this ever expanding thread in the hope, I guess, that the postings would die down somewhat and that this place could get back to not being at the top of the radar screen. However, after seeing this post from liguy93, I decided to add my 2 cents.

I have visited this place numerous times and gotten excellent service. The women here are just struggling to make some money to enjoy a decent life style and made it clear to me during my many visits that they like to keep as low a profile as possible while still doing minimal advertising to promote their business; thus, their reluctance to post an exact address. Now, just because a potential hobbyist was too lazy to make the phone call to set up an appointment and get the real address, the exact location of this place is plastered all over the internet.

One can argue that LE probably already is aware of this place - hell, they've been in business at this location for quite a few years. That being said, however, does not make it ok to go on posting exact addresses for our hobbying locations. We've all seen that there are a lot of "do gooders" out there whose one goal in life is to shut down our favorite spots. Posting an exact address for one of these places makes it infinitely easier for a "do gooder" to realize that a business like this is in their neighborhood and then they can expose it to the media or complain to town officials. Once that happens, it is all she wrote for the business - and our hobbying! And before anyone gets the impression that this is just some business on major highway service road, remember that the back yard (granted, no grass) abuts the backyards of regular homes in the area.

I too was surprised that the Board moderators would allow the posting of an exact address for one of these places - I thought it was against the established policy of this Board to do that; but, it now has occurred.

So, how about giving these ladies a break and take the exact address out of the thread title. Amend the thread title to what it has been for several years - just list the phone number and their promise that "We Treat You Like A King" - that by the way is, at least in my case and few other of my fellow LI hobbyists, a promise well kept.

Sure hope we can keep this place open - great service for a very reasonable cost - not something that us LIers can find much anymore.
    Lovesthehunt likes this.
  6. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

Props to you, liguy93, for a thorough response. Definitely explains how you came to be thrust in the middle of this.
    And I appreciate how civil you've been about the whole thing, both for them and toward us.
    Now that you've dipped your toe in the UG waters, how about some reviews about this and similar places you've been. That would certainly go a long way toward bolstering your credibility.
    liguy93 likes this.
  7. liguy93

liguy93

Thank you for the gracious and gentlemanly gesture indeed Banacek, and I appreciate the instruction as well

I will also do my best to answer your questions

As it relates to their advertising they're using a 3rd party to post their ads on BP, so they nor I could tell you why the 3rd party includes the useless map links. You're right that plenty of other information is included, but they have always purposefully excluded the house number from their advertising. It gives them a sense of security, however false it may be. It is for this reason as well that members have reported not being able to get through when calling; when they are either busy or feeling paranoid they'll refrain to answer calls from, or give the address to, unrecognized callers.

Why me? I certainly did not volunteer for the task. A number of years ago one of the girls who was more technically savvy than the others left and they had to get a new laptop. They check BP to make sure the ads are actually getting posted, and google their phone number to check up on reviews. They asked me to the back of the house one night to install chrome and set up the bookmarks for the BP and google searches that they monitor.

Ever since then I've gotten random computer related requests from them over the years, and it was in this capacity that they asked for my assistance. Another recent example, after the recent BP outage they temporarily lost contact with the 3rd party who posts their ads on BP and although I declined, they asked me if I could take over.

I hope this provides some context, I am doing my best to be transparent and helpful.

And at your suggestion, if it is helpful to the board I will most certainly encourage them to contact Slinky about taking out an ad and do what I can to facilitate the introduction.

Thanks again to all for your time and effort.
    Banacek likes this.
  8. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

To email Slinky, you write write to slinkybender@utopiaguide.com.
    To report something, you click on the Report button directly underneath the post and then type in your concern and hit the Report Post button.
    They can't do a damn thing for me. The only thing they could do for us would be to take out an ad.
  9. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

A gracious and gentlemanly thing to do. And since its safe to assume liguy will be well thanked by the ladies for his action, I think its only fair that you too should receive something from them to show their appreciation. Let's us know what they do for you.
  10. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

So everything I pointed out about their advertising is meaningless and you have no response to that?

If they did not know you were a member, why did they ask you out of all their customers to come on here and post then? Or did you just volunteer to do that? And if that's what you did, why should we give you any credibility, because that would mean that your only concern is for them and not the members here.

But just so that they don't get their panties in a bunch, I took the number out of the thread title. It's still in posts here and I'm not going to search through 23 pages of good advertising for them in order to remove it. Let them know that rather than complaining, maybe they should have taken out an ad or at least thanked the members for the great word-of-mouth they have received on here.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Lovesthehunt likes this.
  11. liguy93

liguy93

I certainly understand any skepticism.

They did not know that I was a member, but it's a small world and I am.

I sincerely thought that using my account would lend some credibility, and I was truthful in all I have said.

I also believed a brand new account would be met with equal or greater skepticism.

I can only reiterate that I was personally asked to make this request by and on behalf of these women who purposefully do not post their house number.

I have great respect for all of you who are tireless in your contributions to the board, and although I created my account many years ago, in truth I have not spent enough time here over the years to even know how to email Slinky or the process for reporting something to moderators.

Perhaps another member would like to confirm with these women that my request is genuinely made on their behalf and relay it to Slinky.

Any further suggestion for how they or I can provide verification that the request is genuine would be appreciated as the barriers of language and technology are such that I was asked to assist them in this matter.

Thank you for your time.
    sculptor69 likes this.
  12. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

BTW FTR, I looked up the address on Google Maps. It is a house. If you want to call it that. There is no lawn. The entire front is blacktopped. And there is a dumpster right in front of the place. Plus, it is situated between two other houses that are clearly businesses, as evidenced by their signage. So calling it a residence is a stretch. Were it not for the numerous real estate website listings I saw for that address that claimed it was a multi-occupancy home or a duplex, I would even question whether the property was zoned residential.
  13. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

If they don't want their address posted, then how come it appears in one of their ads that I saw posted on an ad aggregator's website two years ago?
    ⭕⭕⭕★ VIP ASIAN SPA in WEST BABYLON ▬▬▬▬▬▬ VIP FULL BODYRUB ⭕⭕★ 631 . 838 . 8833 - 631 . 838 . 8833 - 23
    • Long Island, SUNRISE HWY WEST BABYLON 631.838.8833 | Sunday, June 14, 2015 10:29 AM | • 631-838-8833

(Granted, the actual location number does not appear, but the street and town do.)

And here's their ad from today with the same address: http://longisland.backpage.com/TherapeuticMassage/real-asian-sweeter-ready-your-dream-come/93036038
    % CALL NOW google map | yahoo map
    % SUNRISE HWY WEST BABYLON 11704
    SUNRISE HWY WEST BABYLON N.Y 631.838.8833, 11704 google map | yahoo map

Repeated twice. With the damn zip code no less. Plus it includes links for google maps and yahoo maps, even though they are admittedly useless without a house number. Still, you have to wonder why they even bothered to include that.

Also, just what makes a business on Sunrise Highway a private locale? Even if it's a house as opposed to an office or storefront or other such business, it's still on freakin' Sunrise Highway. If it was in a house on a side street, I might agree with you.

Furthermore, why have you chosen to remain quiet all these years and not lend a damn thing to the board, but then you decide to help them out by posting? Are you in their pocket? How did they even know you were a member here and could plead their case for them if you had never posted before? Grain of salt is an understatement. I'm calling bullshit. If they have a problem with our members reporting the address, they can send in a report themselves or contact Slinky by email.

Lastly, if they think that LE and the town are not aware of their presence, they are sadly mistaken and only fooling themselves. LE does not need UG to do their investigative work. Whatever you might think of them for doing their jobs, the one thing you can be certain of is that they are good at it. If and when they want to bust this place, they can and will. Without any help from us. They can simply call the number and send in a UC cop or they can have the phone number traced to a location.
    Waterclone and big68 like this.
  14. liguy93

liguy93

This is my first post ever, so I know it will be taken with a grain of salt.

However I have had this account for many years, and I hope you’ll take me at my word when I tell you the reason I’m posting here today is because I was personally asked to do so by the women at this location.

These women have been closely following all of the recent busts in Suffolk, and they are officially SPOOKED.

On Friday afternoon somebody showed up without calling ahead, and when asked how he found the address he replied that he found it “online, on a website”.

On Friday evening they called me and asked me to stop by. I'm an old friend, they've asked for my help randomly before, but this was extremely unexpected.

When I got there, they were in a bit of a panic. They wanted my help to “remove address please” from the website.

Obviously, I explained that this was not within my capabilities, and may not even be possible.

I kindly, formally, and with all due respect, relay the request of these women, that the moderators please remove the address from the title of this thread, as well as censoring those posts which plainly spell out the location.

It should be noted that they never include their address in their regular advertisements and that their location is a private residence.

While I admit I do not always fully grasp the code of conduct here, it was my understanding that when the location is a private residence the address is not supposed to be revealed.

Perhaps the moderators will take these facts into account, and take the request of these women for a semblance of anonymity under serious consideration.

sculptor69 likes this.
  15. GreatMaker

GreatMaker

I will throw in my $0.02 to answer some of the non address related questions posed below, I feel I am pro level at this place by now. Others have said you can just show up and they will let you in. I always call first and I have only been told once that they were all busy. It can take them a few minutes to answer the call, I assume it forwards to at least one other phone before someone answers. The first few times I went there they had me go in the back door (settle down children) but I have gone in the front every time I have been there recently. They also seem to be open all the time, the last visit I had there was very late at night (maybe close to midnight or later) and I called and they had someone there.
  16. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

I figured that I did that when I included it in the thread title. This has been an extremely confusing thread. The damn place should give all you guys freebies for all the help you gave them. Tell 'em I said so.
    jeep1975 likes this.
  17. Li631

Li631

Sorry I thought the W Babylon had already been established... thank you
  18. genius

genius

There are a bunch of 958 Sunrise addresses (different towns)
    Correct address is: 958 Sunrise Hwy, West Babylon, NY
    Li631 likes this.
  19. Li631

Li631

Post 423 I did and way back Sherpton dod
    The correct is
    958 Sunrise
  20. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

How about just posting the correct address and I will add it to the thread title. Also, is the phone number listed there still valid, since when I did the search on it, it gave me an incorrect address. I am trying to help out here, but I am not willing to read through 22 pages to do so. I usually don't even read amp threads. Only doing so now in order to cover the board for another mod.
    Li631 likes this.