A Provocative Thread

Discussion in 'New York' started by wilt, Jun 21, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

I've made a donation to a free board even when I couldn't see that I had received any economic benefit. Heh.
  2. nj george

nj george

just curious

i wonder how many gentleman who have gained a financial advantage(ie: using the info posted to find out who the rip off providers are so they are to be avoided) from using these boards have donated to them? (i am talking about all free boards in general not just this one) it goes both ways.
  3. wilt

wilt

sb
    well said! It is refreshing to know up front what the point of view of management is. It is well known that other boards have not been as forthright about the economics, politics,and covert interests of their boards(The alleged constant horny behavior of SB suggests that he ain't gettin any for free,though I'm sure he's been offered it).
    While it's every poster's right to avoid a board that requires something that the poster finds offputting,so too is it management's right to walk away from the labor of mediating the diversity of personalities and creating an atmosphere that has allowed this board to prosper and grow.

To the ladies:

Only you know whether or not you've derived incremental income from this board. Ask yourself,where that income would come from,especially in these trying economic times,if it's shut down.

To those gents ,who shout the board ain't nuttin without the babes,why don't you put up the bucks for the ads then?

au revoir; a samedi
    (ok wsb)

ps to SB- tough to get people to pay for things once you given it away for free.
  4. justme

OK, then back OT and more seriously:

Is that on topic ot off topic?
  5. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

OK, then back OT and more seriously:

We are looking to derive some revenue form this in an honest an upfront fashion. We have not and will not seek nor accept sub rosa payment for quid pro quo of any sort, either in cash or services, nor do we have, nor intend to have any interest in a particuliar lady or any providerenterprise.

However,without trying to engender a debate about the cost of running a board or our entitlement to derive revenue, our attitude is simply this:

If we can't derive a certain amount of revenue from the board, at some point the effort to maintain it will probably cause us to reflect on walking away. I don't ever want to get to the point where I feel the population of the board are "freeloaders", "cheapskates", etc. I have always known that it is that same population of contributors which makes any board worthwhile. At the same time, I am sure most of you are aware of the costs in both time and $ which goes into supporting such an endeavor as this board.

We are currently discussing ways to derive revenue for the site. However, it has always been my opinion that these sites should be "paid for" by the commercial interests which derive the most revenue from them.

Recently, I had a correspondence with someone who indicated they did not want to advertise here because of "how they were treated on the board". I didn't say "boo" to them, because if someone doesn't want to get business from here, that is certainly their right. However, that same person then put up "ad posts" here, which were deleted, and they not only complained, but fealt compelled to point out every time they saw someone else put up a post which they fealt was an ad. So, it's clear that this person doesn't object to advertising here ( because the feedback I have gotten is fairly universal that there has been tons of business derived from this site by many enterprises), the objections seems to have been paying for it.... and that I object to.

[Edited by slinkybender on 06-22-2001 at 06:54 PM]
  6. wsb

wsb

uggggggghhh.
  7. Slinky Bender

Kant, Handel.....I'll take 18th Century Germans for $200 Alex ( also known as the Imperative Category ????? ).
  8. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Re: Hoovies...

Watch that Tank aint Hoovies a curse word!! LOL!!
  9. wsb

wsb

All the Kant you can handle.
  10. Tankcommander

Tankcommander

Hoovies...

Give me the Heebie Jeebies...
    I'm glad I got Pit Bulls... They lick and bite... they don't got nothing to do with Hoovies...
  11. Slinky Bender

What else do you get besides the GS for the $500 ?
  12. wsb

wsb

I'll take commercial sex workers that start with P for $500 Alex...

Guess you didn't read the small print. From what I understand you actually have a sublicense for the term "hoovies", but hey, that's a good expression too.

Bisous,

WSB
  13. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Wilt don't mean to bust your chops but don't you mean Smithaven Mall- Lake Grove.
  14. mercydancer

mercydancer

one more time

We are a trio who REFUSES to work for anyone else but ourselves.The problem comes when it's hard for most guys to get to a hotel and then back to work.They don't want to have to take out the ID card to be able to get a room.Also a few of the girls are getting major attitude from the idiots at the front desks at some of the commonly used short stays. They will tell us that there is no room available but then in comes Mr. Chickenass pimp with his littte girls and a room is available. In our experiences, THAT can be quite dangerous.

We will continue to work as indies and continue to do our outcalls also. We just want a place to be able to have as a crashout,incall only client, we need to shower and change between calls kind of thing. It will also aliviate the cost for the longer sessions.
  15. badz

badz Bronze

mercydancer, would the girls then consider themsleves as independants? with an agency? or "incalls houses"?

as i recalled, weren't the so called "brazillian girls" used to share apartment at one point? even though i have nerver trying to hook up with them, i've heard that it was difficult for people to set up appointments sometimes, because you have many people that wanted to use the place at the same time. and i don't know if that's why they supposely have their own places now?

i've never felt at eased when i used to go to incall places, with all them traffics coming and going... and all the best time that i had were with indies. is this going to be a trend for the indies here to work together? part of attractivness of being with an indie is being "independant"... knowing that she and i are all alone. how different is your setup going to be with the typical city incalls?? will it take away part of the experience of seeing your fav. indie?? i guess we'll find out soon...
  16. mercydancer

mercydancer

The deepest feelings are often expressed as jokes

Yeah, that's what my gypsy grandmother used to say.

When I joined this board it was because I thought I had found a group of like thinking people.Honestly, that was the prime idea behind my joining.The fact that yes, I have received financial profit from it is actually a side effect.I enjoy speaking to people with whom I can feel free to discuss the crazy assed things that occur in this hobby,the funny anecdotes and much more.I can't do that anywhere else.

The ad issue had already been hinted at me .

Since a group of us(providers) are in the process of organizing ourselves and operating as a joint venture, we had decided that it was better to wait until things were settled and THEN put in ads for our services but as a group.As with all businesses, in the beginning money is tight and all decisions have to be made during meetings and a vote is to be taken.

Gentlemen, please give us the time to settle down,move into an apartment,furnish it with the f^^king beds and THEN we promise,

WE WILL PLACE AN AD

I do believe that for an ad to be effective it needs to have the address and phone for contacting. Give us time to take our clothes, I mean coats off.(HINT<HINT)

.We're not all ungrateful,moneyhungry, women.We just like to take our time doing things so they cum out right.(GRIN)
  17. fishfry

fishfry

Women bring a lot to a board like this. Nobody has to buy an ad or show their ass in order to participate here. It's a community of like-minded individuals exchanging their thoughts, opinions, and experiences.

There are sex ads in the Village Voice. But there's not a community.

If somebody wants to advertise, that's their choice. But if a provider wants to let her hair down a little and just hang out with us guys, shit, I think we're the lucky ones.
  18. justme

SB will start calling us freeloaders (or was it cheepskates???)

It was both
  19. Ozzy

Ozzy

bisous....a word that used to drive me nuts....

now when spoken by a certain sweet girl on this board.....still drives me nuts........just in a little different way now.

and there are ads here......YOU JUST CAN'T SEE THEM.

theres gabriela, luana, i think giselle and maybe one or two more.

allen just lost them.
  20. wilt

wilt

I have it on good authority that Wilt and SB are not the same person. Besides the fact that the only person ,who has met the both of us describes me as "ugly" and SB as "cute",I would never have the patience that SB has shown.

wsb
    better consult counsel,I received a sub-license for use on this board only from some muscular woman at the Smithtown Mall.