A QUESTION FOR THE BOARD....

Discussion in 'New York' started by HAPPY GUY, Jan 20, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. kaybo

kaybo

As for videos, there's not even a chance. The industry is extremely closed to "outsiders", especially men. I had a buddy that got in through catering movies in high school (the "Valley") and it took him alot of years to get the industry nod to start directing. The first thing you should do is move to LA. (I don't know if Hef's your man, try Seymore Butts). Try reading trade publications and see if you can get any job that'll get your foot in the door, video or cat housewise.
  2. frog

frog

3. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

No idea as to how to go about doing that, though?
  4. paladin

paladin

My instinct tells me that the women in this business hesitate to work for a man. So managing a place would seem to be iffy. if you have the talent, p;hotography or video production may be a more profitable direction.
  5. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

Okay, I'll assume that it was a silly question. Hey, a guy's got to do what a guy's got to do to get out of debt.
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy

call hef, he's in LA.
  7. HAPPY GUY

HAPPY GUY

You may recgnize my handle from the TBD boards (I'm an occasionaly poster there). Here's an unusual question for the board: I have recently completed graduate school and have run up some serious debt. I was thinking that getting into the adult entertainment industry might be a good way to pay off some debt (not as a provider OBVIOUSLY, but as a photographer or making videos or helping to manage a facility or something like that). Is it possible to do this sort of thing here in New York? Is this a silly idea? Any and all help and leads appreciated: e-mail misterretard@hotmail.com