a question of manners.... please?

Discussion in 'New York' started by LIDAWN, Aug 13, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. BobbaLu

BobbaLu

I saw one of the ladies out one day and I could not place where I knew her from. Most of these ladies can pass in society without a hint of being a provider, it is just hard to place where you know them from.

I agree that you might can get by with a nice smile. My other half would catch it. I think the just not saying anything is best. Then mention it on you next visit.

bob
  2. littleguy

littleguy Gold

She did Incall on the LIRR ? Which line ?
  3. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

MW

You were 52 in second grade.
  4. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

I can recall seeing ladies on three separate occasions. Each time I was too self conscious to say anything. I think only one of these ladies saw me, although I'm not sure if she recognized me, although I think she did.

What really freaked me out though when I was a kid and I saw my second grade teacher food shopping at the supermarket. What the hell was she doing there? For whatever reason, I will never forget that moment when I saw her there (I had a crush on her BTW.....now she's probably about 60 years old).

MW
  5. xshooter

xshooter

I used to see an incall provider on the LIRR on a regular basis since it turned out she lived in my town. There was always a warm smile and I would remember to stop in again to see her.
  6. Ezrlove

Ezrlove

I just so happened to see a provider twice this weekend. She obviously lives in my neighborhood. The first Time I saw her I was going to the local gas station to pick up cigs. As I was parking the car I noticed her outside the shop. Quickly I scan the whole parking lot to see if she is with anyone. Since there were so many people around, I didn't feel comfortable approaching her. As I walked by she looked up and our eyes locked. I could tell she did not completely recognize me at first but I looked familiar to her. While I was buying my cigs I kept my eyes on her. She was with a group of people and she peeked over several times and smiled.

The second time I saw her I was with someone and she was alone. I drove pass her while she was buying a soda from a local hot dog vendor. I was so tempted to pull over but I would have had a lot of explaning to do when I got back to the car.

Dawn, I don't think this answer your question but I hope I run into this lady again.
  7. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

Julie, I remember after my second visit to your place, I was crossing the street and saw you nearby and exchanged hellos. :)
  8. Julienyc

Julienyc

Common sense

when in doubt do without , wait to see if the other person says anything , and that is if they are alone. Discretion is a real must. whenever I see my clients outside in the street ,I always just keep going and give them the respect and protection I promised them in the verification process.

But, if you feel like saying hello to me ,feel at ease with doing so.
  9. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

Wowie - no offense, but if I (and I hardly claim to understand the way providors, or any woman for that matter, think) were a providor who just saw a brand new client three out of the last four days and on the fifth day while walking down street the same guy came running up from behind me, it'd freak the hell out of me.
  10. misterxyz

misterxyz

I'd ask her if she had an open slot for the next day!
  11. Woody

Woody

I approach one of those back-to-back public phones for two reasons: 1) i have to make a call, and 2) there is a good-looking woman using the other phone.

My call goes nowhere so I hang-up, and start to turn--and the woman is looking right at me.

"Woody, I haven't seen you in a long time."

"Oh, hi. How are you doing?" Who is THIS?

"Why haven't I seen you?"

"I went, but you weren't there." Oh yeah, how could I forget oldwhatshername?

"I'm working at a new place now. Here's the number."

"Write your name on the back of the card, so I don't forget -- to call."

"Good idea."

She left, and I went back to the phone. Boy, I wish my current provider would answer.

Woody
    on the FAN
  12. Casper

Casper

Depends on the situation but in short, if she looks my way and it's not going to be ackward for her, I would imagine I'd give her a smile to acknowledge I've recognized and I would hope she did the same. If she's with someone, I'd under no circumstances approach her unless she motions me over. If we locked eyes from afar for a second but neither of us acknowledges each other, I'd most likely email her to make sure neither one of us felt slighted and our inablitly to be able to say a quick hello.

Note: This is assuming the provider and I are on good terms and are familiar with each other to some extent.
    After all. the hobby aside, we are human beings so we should acknowledge others and treat them in a civil way.

Peace Out
    C
  13. littleguy

littleguy Gold

Dawn,

You having me followed ???

Just last week I saw a very favorite provider of mine in a club. She was with another guy. I didn't bother to say "Hello". She didn't see me. I didn't hide from her, she just never really looked in my direction. Had she looked and recognized me (which I'm sure she would have), it would have been up to her, IMO.

I think the person who is WITH someone else calls the shots. If that person is comfortable saying "Hello" and/or introducing the person they are with that should be OK.
  14. Wowie69

Wowie69

I have run into providers on many occasions. This is one story:

About 6 years ago, I called my regular outcall service and they sent over a girl named Valerie. I was so enthralled with her (beauty, brains, sense of humor, awesome sexual abilities) that I saw her the next night. The second night was even better than the first. So, I tried to see her for a third straight night, but she wasn't working. I did see her the next night (again awesome!), and that made 3 out of 4 nights with the same provider. I had never done that before or since.

The next day was a Saturday, about 95 degrees out, and I was going to Manhattan to visit a friend. (I lived way out in the 'burbs.) I was walking along down 3rd Avenue into the village, sweating like a dog cuz it was so hot, and out of the corner of my eye I think I see Valerie (by herself) walking in the other direction. I turn and look, but I can't really tell, so I think I am just spacing out. I had been obsessing the past few days about this woman and it was very hot outside -" It can't be her" I told myself. I continued to walk another block, and then I say oh, what the hell, and I turned around and started back after her. She was now about 2 blocks ahead of me and I walked rapidly trying to catch up, which only made me sweat more.

As I got closer I realized that it was her. I came up beside her and said hello, and she nearly jumped ten feet high cuz she was so shocked to see me. As soon as she got over the shock of seeing me, she was very friendly and we chatted for about 10 minutes. We got together several times after that and we always talked about the odd chance of that meeting.

Not long after that, she moved to Texas.
  15. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Never

Never, never acknowledge each other especially if with someone else. If alone, how do you know that person is really alone, their mate could be on the other side of the room.
  16. Hotpuppy

Hotpuppy Mr.Butterworth

I agree that if no agreement on how to handle those situations is made, then it is probably best not to acknowlege. Just think, you will have a "funny" story to break the ice at your next session.
    take care HP
  17. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

Unless there was an explicit understanding of how to handle these situations, I'd say even a wink and a nod is too much. OTOH, unless your the type to get flustered at anything, I can't see how it would be difficult to brush off an encounter with a woman. You married guys have to be able to lie that well, right?

Call up, ring once, hang up the phone
    To let me know you made it home
    Don't want nothing to be wrong with my part-time lover

If she's with me I'll blink the lights
    To let you know tonight's the night
    For me and you, my part-time lover

We are undercover passion on the run
    Chasing love up against the sun
    We are strangers by day, lovers by night
    Knowing it's so wrong, but feeling so right

If I'm with friends and we should meet
    Just pass me by, don't even speak
    Know the word's "discreet" when part-time lovers

But if there's some emergency
    Have a male friend to ask for me
    So then she won't peek its really you, my part-time lover

(break)

I've got something that I must tell
    Last night someone rang our doorbell
    And it was not you, my part-time lover

And then a man called our exchange
    But didn't want to leave his name
    I guess that two can play the game
    Of part-time lovers

You and me, part-time lovers
    But, she and he, part-time lovers

[Edited by justme on 08-13-2001 at 12:09 PM]
  18. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Re: Re: A simple acknowledgement will suffice!

Very Funny MJC- why don't you ask Dawn what I would do.
  19. MJC185

MJC185

Re: A simple acknowledgement will suffice!

Since we all know you'd be by yourself Carl, what approach would you take? ;)
  20. Humble Narrator

Humble Narrator

chance encounters

I ran into a provider in my local grocery store a few years ago. She was with a couple of other ladies that I didn't know. I made very brief eye contact and then looked away. I was by myself, but felt that it was not appropriate for me to assume anything was OK. If she had smiled and said, "Hey Handsome!", or something, I would have engaged her in conversation, but that didn't happen. Of course, she might have been thinking my wife was nearby and kept it low-key for that reason.

I think that the safest thing is to do nothing. If both parties appear to be alone and some signals are exchanged indicating it is OK to talk, then maybe a conversation can be held, but I think discretion should be the watch word on both sides.