advice

Discussion in 'New York' started by candie, Mar 1, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Othello

Othello

Sweetheart,

You ask a question that you already know the answer to. Follow your intuition. Find comfort in the fact that we all support your decision to pass on this gent. He may be sincere in his intentions but the risk of exposure is high and not only that he has made it obvious!

One man's opportunity may lead to one woman's regret!
  2. candie

candie

m ppl

Thank you coyote,
    I appreciate your imput greatly.
    Sincerely,
    candie
    xx
  3. Coyote

Coyote

I work with the media. They are probably interested in interviewing you to get a provider's perspective about the business. Most likely they were prompted to do this because of the busts and media attention that they received. Obviously, it is not in our collective interests for the subject to receive more attention then it already has. You should pass. They probably have contacted other providers as well. Once they get an idea for a stroy they will pursue multiple avenues. Other providers should be on the lookout.
  4. SS

SS

Definitely Stay away

Definite RED FLAG. I would stay with the guys that you know, get a referral from (other ladies) or guys you feel comfortable from this site that you've developed knowledge of.

I just get a bad feeling, especially after the recent ch 5 news report and all the LE activity.
  5. HornDogBuddah

HornDogBuddah

"he did reveal where he worked, but how could I have relaxed with a media guy??? Wouldnt of ever happened, I can't fake stuff like that for a buck. "

Well, media guys are probably not all bad, but your point is well taken. It strikes me that you have a lot of UG (and JAG) fans who know you pretty well. From reading between the lines, I think you must have a lot on the ball. Forget this guy and go have some fun.
  6. nypete

nypete

what was the ch. 5 report?
  7. candie

candie

the m ... people

He did seem to be so anxious today for that booking. He went thru every step precisely. Said he wanted to book and said up front who he was.

I just don't need that needless to say. But even after, bloom is a financial station they still report stuff. Perhaps it was my lacadazical post on that board. Shame on me for letting my guard down even that much.

I will be super basic from now on. <which is boring but necessary>

gotta go, heading to fill up my tank... and checking out long island maps.

Thanks for everyones input, I felt this was just to strange a request as timeing of what was said lately on these boards were probably all tied in.

Perhaps the next ploy could be a fake provider.... you just never know what they might think up for a glorified story.

HDB - he did reveal where he worked, but how could I have relaxed with a media guy??? Wouldnt of ever happened, I can't fake stuff like that for a buck.
  8. Ezrlove

Ezrlove

Candie - Go with your sixth sense. I hear of to many times a lady walks into a situation that she feels uncomfortable with and then kicks herself later for not following her instinct.

You know better than all of us, if it don't feel right don't go.
  9. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

Good point. Did he reveal himself as a reporter, or did you pick that up during the screening process? That makes a huge difference.
  10. HornDogBuddah

HornDogBuddah

Seems a little strange -- he called and wanted to make a "booking?" Is that the same thing as wanting to arrange for a provider-client session? If so, of what relevance is his employment at Bloomberg? (BTW, did he volunteer that? Or did that come to light during your screening process?) Obviously, LE (cops), attorneys and judges, reporters, clergy, husbands, etc., all participate in the Hobby without regard to their jobs. So his emplyment, per se, should not necessarily mean he's a baddie.

But, your unease and sense that all is not kosher should be trusted -- take a pass. (If you are uneasy and nervous throughout the session, what kind of quality service would you be able to provide anyway?)
  11. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

Do not trust any reporter who wants to schedule time to do an "interview." There are many journalists who are also hobbyists, but they would not contact you with the intention of doing a story. This can only affect the hobby negatively and give LE evidence that they will use against you.
  12. pswope

pswope One out of three

One of the reasons for my minimal activity recently is that I've been taking a course at FIT on chewing gum and typing at the same time. Notice the deft use of the shift key.
  13. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

pswope,
    Since when can you type and chew gum at the same time ?
  14. nj george

nj george

stay away!

the business in general and you in particular do not need any more media attention than it/you already
    gets. sounds fishy.
  15. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Stay Away

Instead of seeing that guy see me instead on Long Island. After all the last time I went through 4 counties crossed 2 bridges to see you
    Jake
  16. pswope

pswope One out of three

The best advice comes from KS in another thread,if it sends up any type of red flag,you should pass. The instincts you express in your post indicates this may be a medai exploitation ploy. Thus ,you should pass. You appear to be pretty popular so missing one session won't hurt you financially.

In the wake of the recent bust of ouzo and the apparent LE sweep of many incall brothels in NYC,media attention indeed may be focused on this(Fox 5 did a story last night).
    It appears your instincts are correct,trust them, they're your best ally.

(n.b. I'm chewing gum while typing this post,so you may want to ignore my advice.)

[Edited by pswope on 03-01-2001 at 03:34 PM]
  17. candie

candie

Received an request for a booking and am not sure how to handle it. Due to all the recent controversy with gerald I wonder if we have drawn media attention now.

bloomberg newsroom wants a booking.... what should I respond saying? His he being slick ? Or am I just overly uptight over the fact he is a media guy? <not u guy ;) >

Sincerely,
    candie
    xx