AMP Crackdown

Discussion in 'Long Island' started by Mikeinli, Sep 20, 2016.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. MayorSimpleton

MayorSimpleton

I'm surprised the remaining Long island amps have not run for the hill.
  2. Heywood Jablowme

Heywood Jablowme

3. sixtyearold

sixtyearold

Strange. I saw the pink condemned sign taped on the door yesterday but they still are advertising on BP this morning.
  4. hardndslick

hardndslick

Thanks
  5. sixtyearold

sixtyearold

No. Luna is further northortion Rd. on Hawkins Ave., closer to the 5 corners intersection, on the east side in a fairly large strip mall.
  6. hardndslick

hardndslick

Is luna the one on the south service road?
  7. sixtyearold

sixtyearold

Noticed the condemned sign on New Peony Spa today and it looks as if 325A has been vacated. Luna is still opened as of today. I wonder if they will be crazy busy as a result of the only one left standing for now in that area or if they will be dead slow as a result of monger paranoia.
  8. trigeek

trigeek

Better lay low.
  9. mcalandra

mcalandra

drove by Maple and 3 cop cars out front. guess they are toast
  10. MayorSimpleton

MayorSimpleton

That's a very good point. Most places like showworld stay for years without much hassle. And that's in the heart of an industrial area.
  11. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

I may have already said this elsewhere on here, but it seems like the best spot for these AMPs would be in the industrial parks around LI. This way in would not bother residents. The one in East Farmingdale where the Adult Shop used to be comes to mind. Or the one in Deer Park where another Adult Shop/Lap Dance was. After all, these places are not any different from AMPs in their target audience.
    hardndslick likes this.
  12. hardndslick

hardndslick

No its closed. I was just saying that it was a great location.
  13. ptalover

ptalover

I thought Lincoln ave was closed. Is it open?
  14. hardndslick

hardndslick

Some are too out in the open, Or too close to a school. For a while rt 112 had them everywhere you looked. Elim spa used to dry their towels out in front of their shop for all to see. For anyone that has driven past would know that was going on there.
    They were just asking for trouble being across from a pathmark and next to a busy restaurant.
    If you're rubbing it in the laws face it's gonna be bad for the whole lot of them.
    Also the biggest crime in the towns eyes is that they are a business that isn't paying taxes.
    Now alot of them have fancy signs infront to make them look legit but it's obviously not working. That was the great thing about that Lincoln Ave spot or royal in hauppague being utr.
  15. ModernDayCowboy

ModernDayCowboy

I can totally respect some of them getting complaints and being shut down due to location; like near schools or places that cater to children, doctor's offices, places like that. But when it's in the middle of a non-descript strip mall next to 2 other who gives a shit store fronts, how about the "neighborhood" shut the fuck up. It's very rare a neighboring business will be the one to report an AMP because it would mean causing issues with their landlord and no one wants issues with their landlord.
  16. Banacek

Banacek SAM I am

When you read about NIMBYism rearing it's head on Long Island - or anywhere else for that matter - you sometimes wind up wondering what are these residents complaining about. Especially when the complaint is against something like a group home for the developmentally disabled. But in the case of a massage parlor being in their neighborhood, can anyone blame them for not wanting that stigma. After all, LI has to be one of the most neighborhood-aware regions when it comes to property values anywhere in the country. Given that we pay some of the highest property taxes in the nation, is it any wonder why.

P.S. Don't forget to grieve your taxes. In Nassau, we have until March 10th. (I'm not sure about Suffolk. That deadline may even have already passed.)
    ElDuderino7 and Rider like this.
  17. sixtyearold

sixtyearold

Yeah. Of course the "holier than thou" people"
  18. genius

genius

Your point about Bars, Tatoo parlors, Vap shops is insightful. You did leave out the puritanical views of community and religious leaders - perhaps part of the etc.?
    sixtyearold likes this.
  19. sixtyearold

sixtyearold

Please don't let my satire lead you to believe that I am ignorant. I am aware of what you have stated and also of the fact that if the situation is not kept in check, it begins to escalate to much more problematic issues such as the general quality of life for the masses of that area, deterred business for surrounding stores, lowered property values, etc.

I will say, however, that the Town Building Dept. condemning the premises is a shot against the landlord, for these units are none less in adherence to code than the others that are left unscathed. Maybe the landlords are deserving of this action for leasing out as an R&T, but to thier defense, and as a business owner myself, the small business economy has left many stores empty without tencent revenue to sustain. It is a complicated matter and everyone has their own argument.

I am mostly a legit AMP patron and enjoy the low cost numerous massages and play that I receive at those establishments. However, in all fairness, were I a CMT, with the strict guidelines required, I would be equally pissed and want to see the legits also closed as a result of unlicensed practice of a profession. The legits I go to (and I will selfishly say, thankfully so) are bypassed in these sweeps of HE places.

With this said, I do want to say that the R&T's do generally keep a very low profile except for the fact that they are a man only trafficed business. Bars, Tatoo parlors, Vap shops, etc. are also not the shops that add to quality of life for the community at large and they are occupying the same code violated buildings that the AMPs are, but are left alone.

I think that it can be safely said that the "numerous community complaints" are most likely wives, SO's, or other women more concerned about controlling a man's desires, and possibly the jealousy of other men who may be in positions where they can't take the chance to patronize a low cost sex relief shop. (i.e. Cops, community officials, teachers, etc.)

I don't have an answer and not so much even a strong opinion, I am really just stating some observations beyond the bit of sarcastic humor I wanted to add to the thread.
    Jaxxny likes this.
  20. backseat

backseat

I hope you're back