Another Craig's List Oddity

Discussion in 'Craigs list & Backpage' started by sakatz, Apr 24, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. fuckingahole

fuckingahole

Google will ban you for this.. as will Yahoo ... might work on craigslist... but dont try it in real world if your business is on the internet...
  2. genius

genius

It used to be pretty easy - just have a small font, same color text as the background e.g. white text on a white background and you can fit in a lot of words that dont show up on your screen. The good search engines (Google et al) do not fall for this anymore.
  3. sakatz

sakatz

It's not only sex terms (and ethnic terms), it's also names. Every conceivable name. Somehow they've programmed in that nearly ANYTHING typed into the search will call up their ads.
  4. Bandaid

Bandaid

I didn't pick up on it, but I did notice posts that had a lot of blank space below the main text -- probably hidden text with every conceivable sex term they can think of. I would avoid every single one of these posters.
  5. sakatz

sakatz

Have you noticed that there are certain advertisers in the erotic services section who, somehow, have programmed their ads so no matter what you enter into the "search" their ad pops up? I know some of them have "hidden" text which you can highlight, but some don't. Anyway, it's another good way to spot the pros or agencies claiming to be otherwise.