Another Rethugilican cunt takes it in the ass

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by justbill_redux, Mar 6, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. thezoos

thezoos

i am surprized, seeing as this is a board of mongers, that nobody has dug up the pic of Harris with enormously false boobs on a horse

i tried to find it again but i couldnt :\

TZ
  2. lamont5123

lamont5123

I guess it also depends on who is the takee.
  3. redleg609

redleg609

Uh, and taking it up the ass is bad thing? I guess if it is a $2k extra maybe it is a bad thing.
  4. lamont5123

lamont5123

I guess the Neo Cons' love fest with Katherine Harris is coming to a close.
  5. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Karmas a bitch and yes its THAT Katherine Harris.

From http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006603010423

Let's not make this fuzzy: U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris lied.

Harris repeatedly misled journalists and the public about her conversations with defense contractor Mitchell Wade. I see no other way to look at this.

Wade, one target in a long federal investigation that is still under way, has now pleaded guilty to bribing one member of Congress and making illegal campaign contributions to two others, all to seek the kind of defense contracts that made MZM Inc. so profitable.

I wrote two columns in the past about the $34,000 in illegal campaign contributions Harris accepted -- without knowing they were illegal, it seems -- from MZM, its employees and some of their spouses.

But for months, there was a mystery: What the heck had Wade, MZM's CEO, wanted from Harris in return for that money?

Harris has claimed, to me and other journalists, that she didn't have any idea. She insisted that she had assumed all those MZM-connected people -- who didn't live in Florida and whose $2,000 checks arrived in bundles -- just liked her stands on the issues and wanted to see her re-elected.

She did say Wade had been considering opening a plant of some sort in the Sarasota area. But she said she knew no details and didn't know exactly how that might inspire MZM to break the law to give her so much money, or why it would inspire MZM employees and spouses to send her as much as $4,000 each from their own wallets.

Even after learning Wade had bribed another congressman and had used illegal means to make far bigger donations to Harris than the law allows, she said she still had no idea what the heck MZM's motive was for giving her all that money.

It sure seemed odd. Local officials in Sarasota might be thrilled to have a legitimate defense contractor bring good jobs here. But what need was there for MZM to try to charm Harris with so much campaign money that it required an illegal conspiracy, and coerced employee donations, to deliver it?

Now we know.

MZM CEO Wade's plea agreement tells us that he eventually told Harris -- referred to only as "Representative B" in the court document -- exactly what MZM wanted from her.

Wade, the man who handed her a bundle of $2,000 checks, within the year took our Representative B to dinner at a Washington, D.C., restaurant, Citronelle, and asked her to help the company get a defense contract. It involved work in Navy counterintelligence.

[SNIP]