Best bagels ?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by MrNY, Jul 23, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

I have to agree with that one - maureen's IS best...

Unless, you're a hung-over hofstra student during finals...
  2. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Thanks LG!

I know you live some where around there- me too!
  3. littleguy

littleguy Gold

mcheck,

Not sure why I'm even in this thread but I've been to Maureen's and the Eggery. No Contest.

The eggery's got no shot.

Maureen's is the BEST breakfast place bar none.
  4. mcheck57

mcheck57

LI Breakfast

Best breakfast in LI can be found at Thomas' Ham & Eggery,Old Country Rd, Carle Place/Westbury or MaryBill Diner, Merrick avenue, Merrick
  5. Hotpuppy

Hotpuppy Mr.Butterworth

Re: HP Yah gonna thank me

TnS,
    Thank you , always looking for good places to eat in Vermont! Manchester over Labor Day Weekend?, ouch, the place is one big traffic jam, what with all the outlet stores. Hey, and dont expect to be doing any hobbying up here either, but y'all already know that :(
    I recommend:
    Nikkis in Ludlow
    Hemingways in Killington
    Paulines in Burlington
    Inn at Saw Mill in West Dover
    Take care HP( in VT where the weather is bullet proof this weekend)
  6. Carl M

Re: TnS........

On Terry Road in Smithtown, North of Watermill is Maureens Kitchen- best breakfast and lunch place anywhere- Unbelievable Blueberry Pancakes, omlettes etc, Lunch probably the best Crab cakes north of Maryland!!
  7. Carl M

Re: Mr.NY

No, Tucker you speak with fork tongue- LOL!!
  8. MrNY

TnS........

I have been to Angela's and yes, VERY nice - you wouldn't even know it's there if someone didn't tell you...

Have you ever been to Cappriccio's in Syosset ? or, Caracala in Hicksville ?

For the Art Deco-ee/Fun-Neuvo - I love Tupelo Honey up in Sea Cliff - Carl (and his thin body) probably won't cross over the Nassau/Suffolk border... :)

Also, what's the name of that FABULOUS breafast place in Smithtown/St. JAmes (it's a woman's name - Maureen's ?) - in an old Vicotrian house and has fabulous foods...
  9. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Mr.NY

Oh, All the girls know I speak Greek.
  10. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Menz

Carl M cannot be a food expert. No effin way. Way too thin.
    Now us fat bastards can really enjoy the meals.

Mr. NY. Around the corner from Rothmans in a shopping center is the classiest and finest of Itralian Rests. Ask for Mr. J's table at Angelina's. Enjoy dinner with the likes of Billy Joel.

BTW Bryant and Cooper have really gone down hill. Rothmans and Burton/Doyle have taken over.
  11. Carl M

MR NY ask Tucker or Ozzy how fat I am!!

Casa Rustica sucks, Now Casa Luis is excellent- Very Good Paella Marascada in the hot spicy garlic sauce, Excellent homemade Tortilla chips and Salsa, very good baked clams also- another place to soak up the juice- keep em coming- bro I probably ran into you at these places!
    Hey the Chinese place over by Waldbaums in Smithtown- the old LIng Ling owners run the place- very good!
  12. MrNY

p.s. I think Carl is arounsed too.....

13. MrNY

oaky, you (other) fat bastards.....

Casa Luis Inc1033 W Jericho Tpke
    Smithtown, NY ZipCode
    Phone: (631)543-4656

Casa Rustica Restaurant175 W Main St
    Smithtown, NY ZipCode
    Phone: (631)265-9265
  14. mcheck57

mcheck57

Seafood

Best fish place on LI is Riverbay in Williston Park..owned by the brothers of Bryant & Cooper
    in Queens-London Lennies in Rego Park
  15. Carl M

MR NY- Que Pasa!!

If you like Siempre Vivilos and Mazzi- definitely try Orlandos in St James- best freakin baked clams around- you gotta use the Italian bread to soak up all the clam/garlic juice- Try their Fra Diablo- extra hot! Excellent! Dessert try their tiramisu!
  16. MrNY

NOW, i'm aroused............

B2S / Beth / Destiny ...

Help !?!?!
  17. MrNY

Tucker.........

Tucker - i didn't know that you spoke greek ?!?!

And, the way, i stubbled onto burton and doyle, was because of reservations at rothmann's they recommended me - i've been hooked since - i like both - b&d is just a bit more quiet and intimate...

riverbay and their reservations are ridiculous !!! i too have sat in that (crowded, smoke-filled) bar for hours - WITH RESERVATIONS and complained plenty..... one time (1), i complained ot the owner (the big tall guy) and called bryant and cooper, made "his table" available and sent us over there and bought us dessert - rivrebay's seating structure sucks - but, great fish - so, for fish, it's jolly fisherman in roslyn

by the way, butera's is GREAT - there is another (the original) in massapequa

try the place in the same shopping center as butera's in woodbury - it's a caribean/mexican place - very nice...

more places to go:

Mazzi -
    Mazzi Restaurant
    493 E Jericho Tpke (just east of 110)
    Huntington Sta, NY 11746-7311
    Phone: (631)421-3390
    (get the private room upstairs if you have a party of 4+)

Siepre Vivalo / Mario's - Hauppauge

Barney's in locust valley (ONLY if you get the private room upstairs)

Gemelli Ristorante
    175 E Main St
    Babylon, NY 11702-3509
    Phone: (631)321-6392

one of my all-time-favorites:

El Parador Cafe Inc
    325 E 34th St
    New York, NY ZipCode
    Phone: (212)679-6812

and

Rosa's Place Restaurant
    303 W 48th St
    New York, NY 10036-1348
    Phone: (212)586-4853
  18. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Riverbay

I used to eat there 2 or 3 times a week, in the middle of the week. A few years ago I was going to entertain a client there and called for a reservation. Of course they do not take res for only 4 on a Sat night but they said they would take care of me.
    Take care of me they did After an hour and a half at the bar, drunk as a skunk I walked over to one of the owners and told him that I was the guy that was there when the restaurant needs the business, during the week. That I would give him 30 more minutes to seat me or I was leaving. He did not accomodate me. I left, have never been back there or to any on the other two restaurants he owns on Long Island.
    As they say in Greek, "Fuckem".
  19. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

MrNY

The back room at Rothman's is the Library. I love that room. Next time there try the Sterling Cabernet. A bit pricey at 12. per glass but comparable to a 100. vintage cabernet.

Benny's is great. Just discovered my newest favorite Italian Rest in Woodbury. Across from the Oyster Bay golf course. Buterea's. Great pasta and salad place. Try it.

Burton & Doyle and Rothmans are owned by the Scotto Brothers, veterin restauraunteurs that really know the business.
  20. MrNY

actually.......

i love rothmann's - but you have to sit in the back room

i also really like burton and doyle's - but, u can't sit/have dinner in the bar area

seafood, rivrebay is awesome

italian - siempre vivalo, mario's (downthe road) or benny's in westbury - i also, LOVE piccolo busela

so, i love long island (and own 2 ez-passes)......