Best Live Band

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by Heartbreaker, May 10, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Jack_Maehoffer

Jack_Maehoffer

Sickness,Stupify...

"Disturbed" at Ozzfest 2001, Good Shit!!!
  2. Psychosis

Psychosis

I've gone to many many concerts in my 41 years and there are four bands that have never failed to deliver everytime I've gone to see them:

1. Judas Priest (always number one in my heart)
    2. Iron Maiden
    3. Kiss (Ist concert I went to and went to many thereafter)
    4. Queen w/ Freddie Mercury (not the crap with Paul Rodgers now)

These bands have always given the fans their money's worth.
  3. beadman

beadman

Queensryche " Operation Mindcrime ".
  4. tunahead

tunahead

If you don't know Jorma you don't know Jack!!!
    Last edited: May 15, 2006
  5. rough1

rough1

Fishbone

Saw them at the old Ritz around '86 (Murphy's Law opened) and in '90 (opening for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers).

Great music great dancing and--one thing I've never seen before or since--tossing instruments on and off stage.
  6. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Cream
    Santana

At the Filmore East, many moons ago.
  7. horatio

horatio

Springsteen - agree with previously posted concerts

Grateful Dead - "There's nothing like a Grateful Dead concert"

Pink Floyd - Saw The Wall at the Coliseum and Waters on Radio Kaos tour.

Jorma - Did 4+hours out at the old smithtown arena in LI in the late 70s and then again 20 minutes of acoustic at theRitz inthe early 80s.

Zappa - The shows at the Beacon were memorable

Neville Brothers - remember one show at the ritz, wasn't a concert more lieke the coolest party you ever went to
  8. SidneyFalco

SidneyFalco

Saw that show as well. A GREAT performance.

Best Live act EVER : Prince. Seen him about 10 times, and is always great. People I know who didn't particularly like him came away raving after seeing him in concert

Others :

Springsteen
    The Stones
    J Geils
    The Who ('Quadrophenia" tour in 1996 was especially great)
  9. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

Out of all the concerts I've been to, I'd have to give the nod to Pearl Jam. Their 2003 concerts at Madison Square Garden were stellar.
  10. Daddycool

Daddycool

When and if they ever showed up. I went to a GNR concert and waited 2 hours for the band to come on stage.
  11. Heartbreaker

Heartbreaker

12. Rokin

Rokin

I saw the Police at the Ritz which was I believe was the night before the Garden Show.
    It was an amazing show. I waited for many hours on line outside the Ritz to get those tickets but it was worth it.
  13. robnotbob

robnotbob

McCartney at the Garden 2002

Saw Springsteen at the Garden 2000 or 2001 (pre 9/11) Disappointing. Then at Shea in October 01...phenomenal

Saw Queen in Glens Falls 1980..I heard they sucked in concert..awesome show.

The Cars totally sucked (1980)

The Police at the Garden 1979 or 80. Jools Hooland had just quit Squeeze and improv-ed half an hour on the piano..great show.
  14. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

oh shit, I forgot to mention one of the ALL TIME best shows, It was at Nassau communiyt college, maybe in a room big enough for 300 people, The Cult right after their 1st album was released, and opening for them was the Divinyls, Christina Amphlet was their singer, she was UNREAL!!! I was in the front, almost on the stage, she was SOOO fucking hot, it was before her band went Pop, they were a mix of punk and hard rock...great 1st album, I gotta go out and get it today, if I can find it... The Cult played their 1st album, Rain, revolution, but they made every song HEAVIER...GREAT show...
  15. aceofclubs26

aceofclubs26

For the younger crowd....

The first Lollapalooza in Stanhope, NJ was a very memorable show.

Other groups I've seen live that I felt were worth the money....

Rolling Stones at Giants Stadium
    Mighty Mighty Bosstones
    Cypress Hill
    Beastie Boys at MSG
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
  16. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Sheena Easton? There's a name I haven't heard since '86.
  17. beadman

beadman

Def Leppard

Queensryche

Scorpions.

Sheena Easton (nice tits) gives her extra points

Cinderella
  18. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

The comeback award for best live show has to go to The Pogues this last St. Paddy's Day.

The fact that Shane McGowan is even able to do a live show is impressive enough. The guy was completely fucking gone when he walked out on stage. He had to take a break and recuperate after every song.

Now the amazing thing was that when he got to singing he never missed a beat, remembered every lyric, and did two full sets on God know's how many tabs of acid he drops a day and how many pints of Guinness he drank beforehand.

I don't know if it was the best live show I've been to, but it was an impressive feat.
  19. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, but I saw him in the '02 tour (whatever the post 9-11 album tour was) in SNJ/Philly and the show was amazing. Sold out, great sound, crowd going crazy. The guy is like what, 60-something years old? And he's doing full splits and running around the stage.
  20. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Is this the first time Billy Joel and Frank Sinatra have both been mentioned in this context?