Best Single Dish in Chinatown?

Discussion in 'Food and Wine' started by Slinky Bender, Apr 26, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. loveamps

loveamps

Spicy clam soup at Fu Leen's on Division. Tastes of the sea, peppers, cilantro. Good eatin'
  2. elmo16

elmo16

The tic-tac-toe chicken. Actually there was a machine that released a bit of corn that the chicken would peck at. When the contraception detected the peck, it would trigger the computer to make its move.

Sorry to ruin the illusion, but there was nothing special about this chicken, actually there were many chicken over the years, all of them eventually finding their way into chicken chow main or some other dish
  3. misterxyz

misterxyz

Peking Duck House

Duck frame soup, fried dumplings, Peking duck, dry sauteed string beans, rice.
    Go with a party of four and share this combination for a reasonably priced meal. After the Peking duck has been carved by your table, ask for the duck carcass. Take it home for a snack and nibble on the meat left on the bones.
  4. elmo16

elmo16

Years ago I had Dim Sum at the Silver Palace. They had at least a dozen carts going around the room with at least a hundred different types of Dim Sum, fried, steamed some very elaborate. Many had their own special sauces. I've never had Dim Sum quite like this anywhere else.
  5. rough1

rough1

Yes! The tic-tac-toe chicken--OMFG I havent thought about that in decades.

When you are downtown at 5:00 am after closing down a bar *anything* you get at Wo Hop is the best dish in chinatown.
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy

Peking duck.

Hunan Gardens on the corner of Chatum Square and Worth or Mott?, used to make a great one but I don't think they're around anymore or the place changed names. After their duck and a few drinks you needed only walk a few steps down the block to play with the tic-tac-toe chicken.... Another landmark the good old board of health or PITA rid us of.
  7. mamaman

mamaman

Go to Doyers, a small little vietnamese place down stairs. They have salted soft shell crab with a bowl of hot rice.....the best.....witha cold beer.
  8. falou

falou

they don't have many dogs around there either, lol.
  9. ewnekmagahai

ewnekmagahai

$1.00 lo mein from the lady on grand st and bowery
  10. Lascivious

Lascivious

Shit, I rather eat cat than pork fat and lard. lol 69 was the place to eat young hot pussy if the gansters didn't beat ur ass first.
  11. trixdaddy

trixdaddy

69 Bayard St ...
    Chicken wings with oyster sauce over rice
  12. DVDMASTER

DVDMASTER

Actually they use pork fat & lard alot to mix in with the shrimp.
  13. ZagatMP

ZagatMP

LOL, but too bad that aint roast pork in those buns u be eatin. hahahaha...
  14. neilz

neilz

Think so? I still don't see any cats running around there. Stick with the shrimp dishes. They still haven't learned to make a shrimp from a cat.
  15. DVDMASTER

DVDMASTER

they stop serving cats long time ago. lol
  16. Aegis911

Aegis911

17. DVDMASTER

DVDMASTER

rice casserole in claypot.Only Yummi Noodles serves it.There are different kinds.some with chinese sausage.frog legs,duck legs,chicken legs all kinds of legs.Yummmmmmyyyy!
  18. Lascivious

Lascivious

THe Roasted SpareRibs at Big Wong. I eat them a slab at a time. Their pan fried beef noddles is also excellent.

For a little more pricey, the Steak cubes with shitake mushromms at Congee is awesome.
  19. DVDMASTER

DVDMASTER

all the different rice congee with fried crullers(for breakfast) at big wong on mott.
  20. Zeek

Zeek

Pickled vegetable with squid over rice at Dai Wong.