Blackberry Owners?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kimmie, Mar 12, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. JXM

JXM Bronze

Verizon clearly has the best nationwide coverage. Sprint / T-Mobile / Etc. are all spotty depending on where you live but generally work well in big cities. I have a T-Mobile BB through work and a Verizon phone for personal use. I can't tell you how many times I have to use my Verizon phone because my BB has no signal. Once Verizon puts out a full line of phones that work internationally there will be no reason to ever use anything else. If I didn't travel internationally for work I'd have requested a Verizon BB.

One other thing about Verizon...they are generally a little bit behind on features because they are more stringent in general on demanding that the phones work before they sell them...saves them a ton of money/goodwill because they have less people flipping out because the products are shit.

Even though Motorola/etc. make roughly equivalent phones (feature wise) for all of the different carriers, quality is different because part of the issue is how the phone works with the network, not just the quality of the hardware.

Before I buy new phones through Verizon, I call my inside contact and ask them which of the current phones has the fewest customer complaints...and act accordingly. I've never had 1 problem with a Verizon phone...
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

I'll second that.. Sprint/Nextel is shit. Ever since the merger/takeover they suck now. Nextel used to be great service wise. The often didn't have signals but thats because Nextel wasn't a cell service and rather a two way radio service and they had a lot of catching up to do. That's supposedly why they merged with Sprint so they wouldn't have to update to a new digital infrastructure and instead piggy-backed on Sprints.

But Sprint sucks... always did from the day they laid the first fiber optic lines 20 years ago on LI and always will.
  3. Kimmie

Kimmie

Update

Stay the f away from Nextel sprint whatever they call themselves and do not ever buy their BB!! This is my third one since Dec 2005! Got new one in March broke in July! Got this one a month ago...broke last week! The keys stick, calls drop like flies and no one can hear you! Goodbye Sprintel I am going to Cellular One. Nextel is the worse provider! I am paying the early termination fee. Its flippin worth it!!!
  4. Kimmie

Kimmie

No...

maybe your BB is too old and outdated, like yourself, to ever break.
  5. Kimmie

Kimmie

Ozzy,

I have changed. I am quiet and meek now. I dont have the backbone to stand up for myself. I have been neutered.

I got extremely violent once, or twice....ok three times......big freakin deal, and got in big trouble losing my temper , and was ordered to take "anger management classes"
    So now I walk away from confrontations...
    Case in point...

When my blackberry died I ran out bought a regular phone, the i870 for 300 bucks! Fuckin idiot.
    Nextel tells me when I buy my new blackberry, yeah return the other phone no problem, 14 days, return policy.

Well I go to the store I bought the useless camera mp3 playing phone, and the fucking asshole snot nose kids say I used 500 minutes, even though its been 6 days , and no return. LOSER!!

Long story short. I am getting fucked over by everyone, Nextel, the little booth guys I bought the phone, and those little pissy brats that are still in high school telling me I wont get my 300 bucks back, L.O.S.E.R and not learning my lesson.

I am happy to have my blackberry back, but I had to lose a lot to get the damn thing.
  6. bushleaguer

bushleaguer The CDC

I wouldn't recommend T-Mobile at all. I had a T-Mobile cell phone and the signal was lousy and I kept having dropped calls. Their cost/minutes can't be beat, but you get what you pay for and that's lousy cell service. I muddled though the yearly contract and then I signed up with Cingular.
    I've also heard that Verizon is a good cellular service.
  7. Mr. Sinatra

Mr. Sinatra

I never had a problem. It must be you
  8. Ozzy

Ozzy

Treo's a much better device than a BB. Better made, more reliable. More expensive but better.

K.. Seriously... how could you let sprint fuck with you like that. You gotta big mouth and the nerve to use it. Woman, scream at those dot heads mutha fuckers 5,00 miles away and get some customer service. It's not about money it's about respect girl. Think about how April would be drivin over there to slap someone upside the head till she got a new phone.... and she'd be jawin the who ride.
  9. robnotbob

robnotbob

I use Bluetooth feature on Treo 650 in the car..works great. sometimes I walk around the office..ranges about 25-30 feet.
  10. Ozzy

Ozzy

The BB 7100i wishes it had a 30 foot range. I'd walk ten feet from my phone in its docking station at the office and I'd lose the signal.
  11. Kimmie

Kimmie

Nanananan. I did that already, and when I get it back,I am giving it to my daughter for her 19th birthday.
    So :p
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  12. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Ok you're an idiot, you should have called RIM and had the phone replaced under the 1 year warranty.

If you do use a Bluetooth ear piece once you pair the devices you can turn off pairing with other Bluetooth devices, so you'd be invisible to someone trying to hack you, page 72 of the User Guide for a 7100i. Effective range BTW of class 2 Bluetooth devices is about 30 feet, which the 7100i is. I dont have a BB but my Razr supports Bluetooth and I always use security precautions, authorizied pairing etc etc.
  13. RuffToy

RuffToy

I recently reverted back to a tried and true method....smoke signals. It's absolutely hacker proof because no one understands Navajo.
  14. Kimmie

Kimmie

Call me an idiot, call me desperate, call me a fool, but I just ordered another BB through nextel the same one. :O(
    I just cant live without constant access to my e*mail.

I am even having them deliver it to my hotel room on Long Island, I want it back so bad...

Goddess help me.

I am already kicking myself..
  15. Ozzy

Ozzy

The person you're talking to can't hear you unless you use an earbud/mic and since most BB users are gadget geeks to begin with they use the bluetooth... and then you get hacked.
  16. Thorn

Thorn

The main issues with black berries/RIM is their horrendous security issues [just as Paris Hilton]. I can usually hack any BB within 30 ft of me over their blue tooth connection. Just horrible.

If you want a better phone and ****** connectivity [providing you don't use enterprise software to do so] there are much better options out their than the BB/RIM [sounds like it belongs here, doesn't it].

Personally I like the Audiovox or Seimens [i perfer the Audiovox version] of the SX-66. the HP-6515 for you Cingular users or the Palm Treo 700.
  17. RuffToy

RuffToy

Nextel/Sprint worse shit around. TMobile, heard bad things. My advice as others have written above....move over to a Treo 650 (avoid the Treo 700 until the kinks are worked out) and go with Cingular for service....Verizon is Ok too but I've been with Cingular/AT&T for years and have been very pleased with signal and service. You need the big providers (no pun intended) because they are constantly upgrading and reinvesting.
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy

My company just returned a two dozen BB's cause they suck. BB's have a history of being hard to hear thus you need to use a bluetooth or ear bud w/mic for anyone to hear you clearly.

We had Nextel/Sprint... which btw is the worst fucking company and switched over to Verizon this past January. Now with BB's future in doubt every other week we sent the whole shitload back and are awaiting a new batch which are supposed to be problem free re: people hearing you without a using an earbud.

I've been using Nextel between business and my personal use for almost 10 years and while Nextel has had issues with signals in the past, this was mainly in part because they weren't a cell phone company but rather a two way radio biz... it took them years to upgrade their network for cell use and they improved. They still needed to do a billion dollar digital upgrade so they merged with Sprint to piggyback their lines. problem is since the merger.... Nextel/Sprint.....absolutely sucks in every way and especially customer service. Most of queens was out back in november and it took them two weeks to fix the problem. When I called "daily" to ask what was happening, they had no clue there was even a problem.
  19. robnotbob

robnotbob

20. redleg609

redleg609

I support maybe 70 BB users at work. No problems like the ones you report. However, plenty of user caused problems from dropping, jaming in cradle, and other abuse. Phone quality is never mentioned as an issue. With Verizon, you get the same reception if you're on a cell or BB.