Boycot Saudi Oil!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dondee, Feb 14, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Reel Deal

Reel Deal

So....discuss "world piece"...
  2. bear

I fucked up! I'm out of here on this one. I guess I'll just fill up my SUV anywhere and shut up!

I knew I should have stuck with just the sex and whores and leave world peace to others. I'm going back to the AMP's where life is simpler.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2003
  3. Dondee

Dondee Herbie, DDS

Live and....

Bear, I posted the same information about ten days ago. I opened up a can of worms with that one. It seams that the info we (you and I) thought to be factual, is in fact bogus.

I have learned that I need to verify my sources whenever I post any "info" on this board.......

.....the readership is very astute.
  4. Reel Deal

Reel Deal

(tick, tick, tick, tick...)
  5. bear

Gas Solution

Here's my social activism for the day:

Some interesting information about which companies carry Saudi Gas and which ones don't. We CAN buy gasoline that's not from the Middle East. Why didn't George W. think of this? The Saudi's are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy gas from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I'm sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family and my friends. I thought it might be interresting for you to know which companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell....205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco....144,332,000 barrels

Exxon/Mobil....130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway....117,740,000 barrels

Amoco....62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 Billion

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo....0 barrels

Sunoco....0 barrels

Conoco....0 barrels

Sinclair....0 barrels

BP/Phillips....0 barrels

Hes....0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing. They report on a monthly basis. Keep this list in your car, share it with friends and stop paying for terrorism!

6. justme

justme homo economicus

Transportation officials say a contractor will be picked soon to build the nationwide computer system, which will check such things as credit reports and bank account activity and compare passenger names with those on government watch lists.

Who'll give me odds on ChoicePoint?
  7. Reel Deal

Reel Deal

Re: Keep Sleeping

So skagan, you're not trying to change the subject, are you? I was hoping you'd answer the simple questions above.

You left out racist, homophobic, and ageist...

And just because a person is xenophobic does NOT mean a "group" is not out to get you...
  8. skagen

Keep Sleeping

This the kind of crap that what's going on while you all are distracted with xenophobia and flag waving.

"Transportation officials say a contractor will be picked soon to build the nationwide computer system, which will check such things as credit reports and bank account activity and compare passenger names with those on government watch lists......Unusual behavior, such as purchasing a one-way ticket with cash, is supposed to prompt increased scrutiny at the airport."

Now you're commiting criminally suspicious behaviour if you buy a one way plane ticket in America on short notice.

Boycott Saudi Oil. Yeah, all right, keep sleeping....

Delta to Test New Airport Security Plan
    Fri Feb 28, 8:38 AM ET Add White House - AP Cabinet & State to My Yahoo!

By LESLIE MILLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - Delta Air Lines will begin testing a new government plan for air security next month that will check background information and assign a threat level to everyone who buys a ticket for a commercial flight.

The system, ordered by Congress after the Sept. 11 attacks, will gather much more information on passengers than has been done previously. Delta will try it out at three undisclosed airports, and a comprehensive system could be in place by the end of the year.

Transportation officials say a contractor will be picked soon to build the nationwide computer system, which will check such things as credit reports and bank account activity and compare passenger names with those on government watch lists.

Civil liberties groups and activists are objecting to the plan, seeing the potential for unconstitutional invasions of privacy and for database mix-ups that could lead to innocent people being branded security risks.

"This system threatens to create a permanent blacklisted underclass of Americans who cannot travel freely," said Katie Corrigan, a lawyer for the American Civil Liberties Union (news - web sites).

There also is concern that the government is developing the system without revealing how information will be gathered and how long it will be kept.

Advocates say the system will weed out dangerous people while ensuring law-abiding citizens aren't given unnecessary scrutiny.

Transportation officials say CAPPS II — Computer Assisted Passenger Prescreening System — will use databases that already operate in line with privacy laws and won't profile based on race, religion or ethnicity.

"What it does is have very fast access to existing databases so we can quickly validate the person's identity," Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta (news - web sites) said.

An oversight panel, which will include a member of the public, is being formed. The Transportation Security Administration will set up procedures to resolve complaints by people who say they don't belong on the watch lists.

Transportation Department spokesman Chet Lunner said a Federal Register notice saying the background information will be stored for 50 years is inaccurate. He said such information will be held only for people deemed security risks.

Jay Stanley, an ACLU spokesman, was skeptical.

"When it says in print, 50 years, we'd like to see something else in print to counter that," he said.

Airlines already do rudimentary checks of passenger information, such as method of payment, address and date the ticket was reserved. The system was developed by Northwest Airlines in the early 1990s to spot possible hijackers.

Unusual behavior, such as purchasing a one-way ticket with cash, is supposed to prompt increased scrutiny at the airport.

Capt. Steve Luckey, an airline pilot who helped develop the system, said CAPPS II will help discern a passenger's possible intentions before he gets on a plane.

Unlike the current system, in which data stays with the airlines' reservation systems, the new setup will be managed by TSA. Only government officials with proper security clearance will be able to use it.

CAPPS II will collect data and rate each passenger's risk potential according to a three-color system: green, yellow, red. When travelers check in, their names will be punched into the system and their boarding passes encrypted with the ranking. TSA screeners will check the passes at checkpoints.

The vast majority of passengers will be rated green and won't be subjected to anything more than normal checks, while yellow will get extra screening and red won't fly.

Paul Hudson, executive director of the Aviation Consumer Action Project, which advocates airline safety and security, is skeptical the system will work.

"The whole track record of profiling is a very poor to mixed one," Hudson said, noting incorrect profiles of the Unabomber and the Washington-area snipers.

Nine to 11 of the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11 were flagged by the original CAPPS, but weren't searched because the system gave a pass to passengers who didn't check their bags, Hudson said. People without checked bags are now included.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2003
  9. Reel Deal

Reel Deal

I love your posts. I love the pessimism. The anger. The hate.

But I DO have just a couple of questions for you so I can better see your pov-

What politician, EVER, in the history of the U.S. do you admire and respect? Let me expand that: what politician in the whole planet, ever, do you think is worthy?

What state/country/county/municipality/precinct casts worthy, educated, enlightened votes?

Are there ANY elected Congressmen, Senators, state representatives, mayors, dog catchers you think are worth a vote? Who?

you are Grand Potentate Poobah of the planet for a week. What do you do to fix the planet?

Who is the bigger world threat? The CEO of Exxon or Saddam Hussein?

Help me crawl into your head. It's got to be really, really interesting in there...
  10. skagen

Re: What are you smoking?

11. Reel Deal

Reel Deal

12. Jarhead

13. Reel Deal

Reel Deal

I like skagan.

He makes me realize my education was worthwhile.

Besides, after I buy that 5 ton SUV, I want to sell him that miniscule 4-ton job I have. It's too damn small. But I'll leave the 50 cal. autos on it. He'll be a hit at the next "Anti All White Republican M*****f*****s" Protest Rally. I'll even put in a pair of Pimp Daddy fuzzy dice on the rear-view mirror...
  14. SkellyChamp

That's why skagen is the worst type of critic.

He exercises his Constitutional right to criticize government but distances himself from the process and most importantly the system. It's always "you" or "your govenment", "your president" etc. He obviously feels that way but it undermines his credibility.

The second thing that undermines him is his rants about everything based upon many unsupportable claims presented by him as unassiable facts. By doing this the intelligent arguments and facts he presses (and their are some) get totally lost and ignored. It's sort of the Chicken Little syndrome.

That is why he is one of the 2 people on my Ignore list. And I only got to post here becuase of computer glitch my settings got reset and he was temporarily off Ignore. Blissfully, that is a glitch and I can and have done something about.
  15. Jarhead

What are you smoking?

16. Reel Deal

Reel Deal

Wow!! Really!!! Is that with the rocket launcher?

I want one...

LIStEN I AM NOT GOING TO START A WAR HERE. as far as i am concerned i am trying to do the best thing i can do to fight back. i never had a member of my family murdered. but one realy strange bit of information.....AFTER THE 925am mr bush shut down us air space to all flights, execpt one. a saudi airliner contaning members of bin ladens family. it seems when mr was frist starting his oil business years ago. the bin laden family was an investor.....if you want to get unbasis info go to IMHO MICHAEL
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2003
  18. skagen

I don't really give a shit whether you respect me or not, or whehter you find anything condescending. I'm speaking my mind. I'm not interesting in pretending when an entire nation of people abdicates their democratic rights and duties - apparently except for the right to insult and malign entire groups of foreigners.

If people don't like hearing about it, screw them - wake up and PARTICPATE, instead of whining and asking to carpet-bomb the entire planet when obvious shit like Sept 11th turns up.

YOU are the ones who keep voting for the same assholes fucking you up the ass. These days, decent people don't even bother participating in politics because its not worth the hassle in this country.

So yes, I find this "boycott Saudi Oil" crap to be nothing less than a joke, especially if you seem to be willing to donate money to -and re-elect the politicians who keep those same Saudi DICTATORS in office, who have clearly fucked up an oil-rich country to the point were people are willing to kill themselves just so they can kill YOU too.

BTW this one is a falsehood; " Number 2. We give cash to all the countries regardless of whether they have oil including the useless ones like Israel who have no monetary, economic or minerals value to the US."

If that were the case, then Israel and Egyt for instance would recieve FAR less aid than say Zaire or Nigeria or Cambodia. The US gives far more money proportianately to to thise countries that have strong domestic lobbies (eg Israel) or stategic positions (eg (Egypt). This hold true even, when they are repressive, undemocratic regimes.

So no, I'm not buying the line about Saddam. While we're busy dicking around, even a place like Saudi Arabia is rapidly fermenting into a potential candidate a coup and then becoming the next US enemy in the middle east. All this with OUR ACTIVE and PASSIVE involvement.

And then when they finally go that way, dumb assholes here will be asking why don't we bomb them. I ask: why don't you raise these issues when its OBVIOSULY going in that direction in the first place? Why? Because you're too preoccupied with Jerry Springer, J-Lo's marriage and the inalienable right to drive a 5 ton SUV to the 7-11 to buy a carton of milk. Stupid.

So sure, drill all you want in Alaska. Giuzle all the oil everywhere (but boycott what you think is Saudi oil). Rape the entire planet so your grandkids don't have shit. Call anyone a "commie" when they point out that you're being short-sighted, selfish assholes. And then, on top aof it all, be surprised when you reap the consequences of your vapid behaviour....
  19. Jarhead

Hey Skag:

Regarding your comments to all us clueless contributors.

Number 1. is an extremist, moslem issue; not a specific country country issue. The f***ing Saudi's had alread disavowed these asshole's citizenships long before the 9/11 incident.

Number 2. We give cash to all the countries regardless of whether they have oil including the useless ones like Israel who have no monetary, economic or minerals value to the US.

Number 3. Boycotting the Saudi's oil is is an appealing gesture but that's all it really is. The Japanese and a multitude of other countries would very quickly take up the slack. Heat on our own politicians is the right answer but but it takes a lot of heat, especially when you consider the following, and even you can figure this out:George W. Bush, 1978-84: senior executive, Arbusto Energy/Bush Exploration, an oil company; 1986-90: senior executive of the Harken oil company. Dick Cheney, 1995-2000: chief executive of the Halliburton oil company. Condoleezza Rice, 1991-2000: senior executive with the Chevron oil company, which named an oil tanker after her. And so on. (And I voted for these clowns too)

Number 4. Thats a given and even your so-called dumb consumer like me knows that.

Number 5. Of course; they supply just over 15 % of the 55 % that the US importants. If you can shit another replacement, our troops will protect them too until we don't need them anymore.

Number 6. Your wrong; they don't consider Israel small fry. I am no fan of these clowns either but Israeal could wipe them ALL out in less than 5 minutes. But then Israel would have to contend with the US and if the wind changes direction, they'd get a taste of their own medicine too. The element of surprise and our support of Israel made us the target.

Number 7. Where the "perpetrators" comes from means nothing. Oil is a mainstay of the US economy and the Saudi's have the biggest spigots for us and consequently we need them. I have to agree with you. WTF's up with Saddam? Political diversion from other issues for the most part, although it wouldn't hurt to get rid of him; but at what price.

Number 8: " That should tell you how pointless this thought is - and exactly how much the US govt think of your opinion." Your head ain't the only one that has thoughts on these issues, so give some of us clueless, dumb consumers a break. From all these dumb suggestions and opinions will come a few parts of the equation that would NOT have occured to the pompous Skag. Your approach to board contributors thoughts is more often insulting, than not. You might lighten up a little, with some diplomacy in your responses. You'll gain some respect instead of distaste.

20. Casper

I agree it's a hoax and I've heard as much on the television today. Oil is bought from a World Pool Supply.