Breaking word from Afghanistan

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by One Eyed Trouser Trout, Nov 21, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. ny_dc_bl

ny_dc_bl banned

Daisy Cutters

You are absolutely correct... Daisy cutters are not FAE bombs, however, if one of them were to be loosed inside a cave... say, down the ventilator shaft....
  2. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

3. Phantom

Phantom

Daisy Cutters and fuel air explosives are two entirely different things.
  4. ny_dc_bl

ny_dc_bl banned

Jet Fuel?

That's what Daisy Cutters are all about.
  5. Rufus Moses

Rufus Moses

Well, yes, you could, but then you would lose the sense of poetic justice I was trying to invoke...

Anyway, it wasn't an entirely serious suggestion...

But some kind of heavy combustion would likely suck all the oxygen out of the tunnels and kill all those inside...
  6. Phantom

Phantom

As an alternative to jet fuel you could use a liquid form of a gas, such liquefied natural gas.
  7. Rufus Moses

Rufus Moses

Last night it dawned on me what the perfect way to deal with bin Laden is...

Chances are we will corner him in one of those cave complexes...and the temptation will be to send in troops and root him out. There is some talk of bunker busters...but in fact some of these cave complexes may be resistant to that...

So here is what we do...find the cave...find the various entrances and vent shafts...truck in a few thousand gallons of *jet fuel*. Pour it down all the openings and torch it.
  8. ramstein

ramstein

Damn straight.
  9. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

I dunno....an even more serious punishment...

...would be to take him alive (He has claimed to pray for death, let's deny that part), try him and then put him in a prison where he'll become Bubba's prom date, and take it up the ass like the man he is. Then, we can film it and set up a website.

Call it Osama Gang Bang Bin Laden. Make it a pay site with the proceeds going to NYC to rebuild the trade center. When subscriptions lag, we can add in goats, horses, elephants, whatever, and film Osama taking facials, greek, whatever.

Death is too good for these bastards.

This would send a better message.

I don't believe they'd make a martr out of prison whore.
  10. Ozzy

Ozzy

i have a feeling that when US troops find and kill him (i doubt bush and co. want to try him in ANY court), that they would just burn or bury his body in an unmarked grave so that he wouldn't be such a martyr to his people.
  11. Thorn

Thorn

Guys..

It is highly unlikely we will find Osama bin Laden. He will die, of that I am certain, but he will not be found.

What is likely to happen is that, when it is obvious he is going to be taken, he will allow his followers to take his life. Then his body will be burned beyond recognition.

He will remain, technically, unfound.

His followers will use him, in that form, as the focal point of their propoganda. He will, from his point of view, succeed at evading the capture of his "enemies".

What this we are doing has to be about, right from the start and though its culmination, is the ceasation of terroist activites based in the Middle-east. Its the machine we are trying to destroy. And in such a way as it can not be easily rebuilt. To that end we must continue the fight, out of Afganistan, where ever it takes us, to complete the task at hand.

Those that would practice this form of warfare, aimed specifically at civilians, must be discovered and then rooted out. At which point they must be totally and completely destroyed. This sending a very clear message that a unified 1st world [as imperialist as this may sound] will strike out at any 3rd world entities who chose this form of warfare [and warfare is what it is, so when it is used against us it places us in just that, a state of war {thank goodness we finally got that one right}] to take umbridge with our policies and practices.
  12. Casper

Casper

I believe that our being too lenient with terrists in the past has put us in this position. Since we spent some big bucks on troops, bombs, etc. I say we do the right thing and unite them with allah.
    As for Usama or Osama or however the fuck he spells his name, we will eventually find him and I hope it's our troops that find him so we can save the $25mil for now and use that reward money for Sadam Hussein. Iraq here we come.

Peace Out (in the US anyway)
    C
  13. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

All these "Freedom Fighters" are the fucking terrorists everyone is looking for. Round them up and shoot them all.
  14. Phantom

Phantom

OETT,

Only the head of Bin Laden can start to ease the burden.
  15. One Eyed Trouser Trout

Lots of details to work out, clearly

I appreciate the tough stance taken by the US and England.

With the 25 million dollar bounty on Osama Bin Laden, I'm hopeful that we'll get to him via means other than directly by our soldiers.

I was really excited at this breaking moment on Thanksgiving Eve, and I"m hoping that this lightens a bit the burden my fellow Americans in NYC have been carrying....
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy

the official stance of the US is that only WE will decide if there are any deals cut for a surrender. The Taliban want some foreign freedom fighters (as they call them) to be allowed to leave Afghanistan...the US has already said NO to that deal and any like it. gotta give the pres and his staff their due....they really are taking a strong stance and using some strong fighting words "if they don't surrender, we'll kill them"(i think donald rumsfield said it) this time around.

now lets see if they can keep it up and keep going thru countries...only about a dozen or so more to bomb.
  17. One Eyed Trouser Trout

CNN is reporting at 4:20PM, DST that a senior Taliban leader is saying that they will surrender. Details need to be worked out.

There is apparently a 'meeting' between the Northern Alliance and the Taliban underway at the moment. Reporters have had some access to the discussions.

Let's hope we can find Osama Bin before the end of December...