Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by Lascivious, Jul 18, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Gavvy Cravath

Gavvy Cravath Moderator Emeritus

I am also a fan of Little Britain. I grew up watching the Pythons and this is like the great nephew of that show.

And when Flight of the Conchords comes back, I'll be over in that thread again, posting away! (Even though they are from New Zealand!)

Gavy
  2. fairemily

fairemily

Gavy, I will keep watching also. Sundays were an awesome TV night, Madmen, True Blood (almost over), Little Britain. I still watch Dexter but this season is not up to par as the two prior. I really like HBO Summer Heights High, it short, funny and clever. Not sure how you feel about foreign comedy but Little Britain America was hysterical, I watched the UK version which was even more obscene, it borders between really outrageous English humor and the offensive.
  3. Gavvy Cravath

I am really not a fan" of the show, but, like you wrote "I find myself watching it every week".

And the producers of the show would say that they don't care what the critics say, just as long as they keep watching, I guess. I'll check in with you next week.

gavy
  4. fairemily

fairemily

Hey gavy, okay this my take on Brotherhood. I have to say it's not my favorite but I find myself watching it every week because I think it has potential. Your right there are no endearing characters, I find most of them kind of repulsive although I think Micheal can be saved but I am not sure how. I wish we can get some comic breaks every so often or at least some food for thought, last season did actually have one the funniest lines I have heard regarding the AMP industry though. It is very raw and realistic but I think with better writing it can be deeper. The acting is good but not on the same level as Madmen. I would even consider it a poor man's Soprano's. It is missing the one thing that set the Sopranos apart for all others - intensive layering of the characters, but then again The Sopranos was more a of psychological study of humanity rather than a mob series. I saw a promo on Brotherhood where the Mccourt brother talked about the Irish family structure, that was very interesting. I am a very hard critic, I need to be wowed to give a full thumbs up.
  5. billyS

billyS

I don't have Showtime.
  6. Gavvy Cravath

This show draws me in every season. I just finished watching the first Episode of Season 3 and I realized that every character has some detestable qualities. They are all contemptible. If there is one character that you like, it's Declan (Decco) and perhaps his girlfriend. Other than that, there is no one you like. Kind of like real life.

BillyS? Fairemily? Lascivious?
  7. ecpaul

ecpaul

I am personally a fan of this show, but the Sopranos will always be tops in my back (even with this previous season). Personally I would like more sex and violence, but I like the way things are developing so far.
  8. SpaMonger

SpaMonger

While I don't know anything about the show, the name made me think of the
    Brotherhood of External Love. Anyone remember reading about that group of dopesters from the late 70's.
  9. Lascivious

Lascivious

With all the fanfare with Sopranos, I figure we'll discuss another gritty show. I saw the first 2 episodes last night and it was surprisingly pretty good. I actually liked the first two episodes of this show better than the first two of last season's Sopranos.