Buyers remorse

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by justbill_redux, May 10, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Rokin

Rokin

We all are hoping, but hope is getting dimmed.
  2. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

We've already discussed this to death, but I still say the truth is yet to be determined. IF (a big one I'll admit) Iraq can set us up to deal with Iran and other Mideast dictatorships and IF it becomes a success and starts a domino effect of democracy in the mid-east, it will have been a huge success, perhaps an accidental success, but sometimes the apparent bonehead play can turn out well.

I'm still hoping.
  3. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

The first answer is of course, we got attacked on 9/11, any President would have responded in the same manner that Bush did, strike back at the sponsors. Too bad he hasn't followed thru on that plan and aggressively gone after Bin-Laden and company rather then waste our resources and needless attack Iraq which was not an immediate threat, and some would say not that much of a future threat either.

Don’t link the war on terror with the war in Iraq, 2 separate issues.
  4. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Rokin,

"The Two valued orientation is the starting mechanism"
    "The multi valued orientation is the steering mechanism"

S.I Hayakawa. Language in thought and action

We'll see what the next president does with what Bush has started. The long term question is would the war on terror and Iraq have been launched without Bush.
    Last edited: May 11, 2006
  5. Rokin

Rokin

I think you are right.
    The problem is this.
    Telling the difference between black and white is an easy task.
    Any one can do it.
    The tough thing to do is to discern between the thousands of varieties of grey and make the correct and good decisions.
    This is a very dificult thing to do and as we have all seen, he is not up to it.
    What is worse is that his arrogance refuses to allow him to have people around him who are good at grey. They aren't yes men and don't pass the loyalty test.
    Bottom line, dumb and arrogant are a lethal combination for this country.
  6. Traderdave

Traderdave

Ideology uber alles!!
  7. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Bush is terrible at gray. He tries to please both sides too much. He doesn't veto bills. He doesn't restrain spending. Sometimes, he doesn't respect his base.

Bush is excellent at Black and White. Once he sets his mind to something, he is resolute, tough and he follows through. His excellence at black and white will determine, long term, if he is (or by that time ... was ) a good president.

He passed tax cuts. He got two conservatives on the court. He may end up transforming the middle east. If Iraq fails, he goes down as an F. If it succeeds and the Islamic Extremists fade in the face of growing democracy, he should go down as an A.
  8. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

AN APOLOGY FROM A BUSH VOTER

By Doug McIntyre
    Host, McIntyre in the Morning
    Talk Radio 790 KABC

There’s nothing harder in public life than admitting you’re wrong. By the way, admitting you’re wrong can be even tougher in private life. If you don’t believe me, just ask Bill Clinton or Charlie Sheen. But when you go out on the limb in public, it’s out there where everyone can see it, or in my case, hear it.

So, I’m saying today, I was wrong to have voted for George W. Bush. In historic terms, I believe George W. Bush is the worst two-term President in the history of the country. Worse than Grant. I also believe a case can be made that he’s the worst President, period.

[SNIP]

So, accept my apology for allowing partisanship to blind me to an obvious truth; our President is incapable of the tasks he is charged with. I almost feel sorry for him. He is clearly in over his head. Yet, he doesn’t generate the sympathy Warren Harding earned. Harding, a spectacular mediocrity, had the self-knowledge to tell any and all he shouldn’t be President. George W. Bush continues to act the part, but at this point whose buying the act?

Does this make me a waffler? A flip-flopper? Maybe, although I prefer to call it realism. And, for those of you who never supported Bush, its also fair to accuse me of kicking Bush while he’s down. After all, you were kicking him while he was up.

You were right, I was wrong.

Source http://www.kabc.com/mcintyre/listingsEntry.asp?ID=432586&PT=McIntyre in the Morning

Apparently this guy is a conservative morning drive talk-show host out in Los Angeles. Anyone else want to add their mea culpas , now would be a good time, you know get on the bandwagon early.