Can You Post Contact Info?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by its_mousey, Mar 21, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

this is what it has come to - defending that you have a brain.
  2. justlooking

justlooking

I don't want to sound like the villified hvb, but why is it that the rules about when you can post contact info have always seemed so clear to me as to not admit any misunderstanding by anyone whose brain has not been torn out of his or her head by raging zombies hungry for dinner?
  3. wolf5958

wolf5958 lil Fuzzybear

Look if you need help please e mail service at utopiaguide dot com and someone from the staff should be able to help you...
  4. sisi

sisi

I we like some one to help me I make mistake,sorry and new here please help me I like eutopia.I stress because not want problem sorry again help me
  5. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

mousey, I love you but you have no idea how difficult you make my life.

and you don't even reply to e*mails.
  6. akm495

akm495

666.666.666.666?
  7. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

]

Don't you just hate it when someone leaves a one word post just to get their post count up?
  8. justlooking

justlooking

I think you would be VERY surprised if you found out what Vermeer's IP address was.
  9. akm495

akm495

Jax,

That made me laugh out loud. I almost had to shut my office door.
  10. JaxHammer

JaxHammer

I'm sure Jesus frowns upon this board.
  11. justlooking

justlooking

Jesus don't you even READ THE FUCKING BOARD?????????
  12. its_mousey

its_mousey

Back In Effect

I would've replied sooner but someone saw it fit to temporarily disable my ability to view threads and post replies. The odd thing is it happened right after UG Staff posted his very reasoned response.

I guess I should just be glad that the UG Gods did not ban me although I haven't broken any rules.

Oh, and UG Staff:

FUCK YOU TOO. :)

*Squeak!*
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  13. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

You know something, you presume way too much. Go fuck yourself (how does it feel to get an answer like that in return to you obnxiously bullshit?).

I am so glad I won't have to deal with assholes like you after this week.
  14. its_mousey

its_mousey

Oh Puh-leeeze!

Having realized you overreacted to my simple question (which was NOT violative of any rules or otherwise offensive to anyone in any way), you now charactrize your rather contentious response of 3/21 as an innocent request for me to "help out".

Gimme a friggin' break!

I mean what help do you think one can furnish by asking (in a most belligerent manner) rhetorical questions to which the answers are so painfully obvious to anyone who can read english???

That's more like acting cute, which is very unbecoming of you.

Besides, I think I do my best to help out by: 1) posting reviews as much as I can; 2) participating in discussions that are informative or humorous; 3) making sure I'm current w/the rules; and 4) letting other UGers know when they violate the rules (for e.g. letting them know when their posts belong in the ISO section or questioning the veracity of certain dubious bullshit reviews).

But if what you really want is some kind of affirmation then fine (after all, we seem to be acting cute anyway):

UGStaff is great! He's a swell guy! But what would really make his day is if everybody reads the rules and abides by them! If you read them and abide by them you will not be banned! Only liars and suckers get banned! Remember folks, UG is sucker free!

Now, if you don't mind, I have a review to write and post.

*Squeak!*
  15. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

16. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

You must have a guilty conscience........ those were legit questions posed so you could be the one to tell the idiots what the real deal was by posting the answers. I'm sure you know what the answers are. No one was comming down on you. What was happening was you were being asked to help out given your extensive experience with this site. Now, how about really helping out and legitimately answering the questions rather than assuming they were an attack on you? Please?
  17. Psychosis

Psychosis

What's a brain and who has one that they know of?
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  18. its_mousey

its_mousey

Take A Chill Pill

WHOAH, WHOAH, WHOAH!

Calm down dude! I was merely asking a question in good faith and there's absolutely no need for you to get all worked up ! If the stress of maintaining this site is getting to you, then either take some time off or get a HJ but don't go biting my friggin head off for no reason at all!!!!

Although I didn't refer to it in my question, I was referring to qqq35's replies wherein he claims to have been severely criticized and ultimately banned for posting contact info. I didn't see the need to reference him in my original question since I couldn't have foreseen I would suddenly be attacked for asking a simple question.

But if you read my question carefully, I said: "....I've read in a few postings where individuals were supposedly banned because they posted contact info..."

See my use of the word "supposedly????" I wasn't sure if what qqq35 was saying was true or not. Furthermore, your very heated responses did not indicate the exact reason(s) for his banning. I wasn't exactly sure, hence "supposedly."

As to me being "around here a long time" - well, "long time" is very relative. There are many members here who have been here longer than me while others have only been here half the time I've been here but have posted more than I have.

But as to your claim that I "read almost everything which has ever appeared on the board" - that's a tad bit of an exaggeration wouldn't you think? I too have to work and earn my keep.

But if what you mean by the above is that I try to read as much as I can in order to stay informed, then yes. After all, I did mention in my question that I read the rules and that as per my understanding of the rules, posting contact info was permissible. However, due to what I believe was an ambigious exchange between you and qqq35, I merely asked for clarification.

Indeed, I felt a bit awkward asking such a question, hence I originally posted it in the "newbie" section so that others won't come down too hard on me for asking a "stupid" question. Obviously, you saw it fit to move it to the general section and come down on me just the same.

But hey, my posting is probably better where it is now since I assume that its something that is of general interest to all as opposed to just for newbies.

I realize maintaining this site isn't easy. We're all grateful that you and slink manage to keep this site free and very informative But that doesn't mean that you should bitch on someone for no reason.

In closing, I thank you for (ultimately) answering my question.

*Squeak!*
  19. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

Mousey,

You've been arond here for a long time and read almost everything which has ever appeared on the board. Name all the instances you know of where someone was banned while following the rules. Now name all the instances of where people were banned for violating the rules. Thirdly, name all the circumstances where people were banned for claiming that they didn't violate any rules, but it was clear to anyone with a brian that they they had clearly gone against what anyone with a brain understood the rules to be, but tried to claim that somehow their[p/i] post was different. Fourthly, name all the times people came on and lied about why they were banned. Lastly, name all the times people were banned where everyone but them knew they were going to get banned for what they did, but then they came on and cried about how unfair their banning was.

PS Take a look at the string of threads about a certain establishment in Philly.
  20. justlooking

justlooking