City of Sisterly Love?

Discussion in 'DC & Baltimore / Maryland / Virginia / Delaware' started by Slinky Bender, Jan 28, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

Who ever knows what the player will be like when they suffer significant injury as was Deuce's. Didn't he have broken bones and ripped connective tissue in his foot?

Sounds painful at the minimum...sounds like a perfect setup for recurrent foot problems and injuries to me.

You can never have enough excellent running backs, especially ones who can catch, block and run between tackle.

I hope the Eagles find somebody regardless if Deuce returns or not.

Heck...I'd be happy if they would sign Jerry Rice.

Too bad the Vet Turf is so friggen bad, can't wait till the new Stadium's built
  2. HornDogBuddah

HornDogBuddah

OETT - the Deuce will be back, right? That will help a bunch.

And am I glad that the 'Skins fell on their faces. And Dalls sucked big time. Life in the NFC East was pretty good, all things considered.

Like you , I can't wait for August.

Until then, back to trouser trout sports.
  3. One Eyed Trouser Trout

Horn

Nobody picked the Giants to be better than 8-8, who picked the Eagles to have a winning season?

And to think the hapless DeadSkins spent alllll that money on has-beens to win. Sorry state of affairs in the NFC.

If the NFL wanted parity, they've got parity.

Andy Reid has a tough, if not tougher challenge next year than the Giants. He had an 11 win season with a reasonable good defense and offense with 1 maybe 2 skill positions in place. No runner, no receivers, but decent headroom under the cap.

It will be interesting to see how things fall into place. Hurry August....can't wait till the grunts and crack of pads comes back.
  4. HornDogBuddah

HornDogBuddah

Well, considering that during the preseason most pundits had picked them to go 8-8, I think they had a helluva year. Their line play on both sides of the ball was outstanding, the defense played well, their offense showed up at least -- even back in the middle of the season, nobody would have believed that they'd be in the SB. The problem for next year is -- theyre going to get a #2 schedule -- the only tougher one (on paper) will be Baltimore's.
  5. One Eyed Trouser Trout

I really don't think the Giants could have done much to change the outcome of the game....short of having the Raven plane downed by a missile or something.

My hats off to them....probably the most viscious defense I've ever seen play.
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy

their problem was they never brought in the thunder.......

they believed their own hype and thought collins was (marino) the answer.
  7. One Eyed Trouser Trout

Not nice Slinky

As a recovering alkie....that wasn't nice.

Some of the picks were tipped balls...and some were athletic supermanisms on the part of the Ravens.

With the Raven's ability to stuff the run, the Giants had no choice but to attempt a passing game.

The Giants were knocked off their game yesterday, and once you're knocked out of your strengths (Thunder and Lightning), crap will happen.
  8. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Maybe we should console him by inviting him out for a drink......
  9. Ozzy

Ozzy

three years ago when kerry collins was in the NFC championship game he made a comment about his not being like marino or elway, he said...." i'm not like those two loosers, i'm gonna win a ring" he threw 4 ints in that game and his career went into the tank. elway won his ring a few weeks later.

yesterday with a shot at redemption....he throws 4 more int's........nice job kerry!

[Edited by Ozzy on 01-29-2001 at 12:59 PM]
  10. robnotbob

robnotbob

OETT: I was at a SB party and one of only two not rooting for the GMen. At 10-0 I said "It's over" and (of course) was laughed out of the room.

As Kerry was throwing pick after pick I screamed...Hey who do you think you are, Testaverde??
  11. One Eyed Trouser Trout

Here we go......

Mr. Wonderful provides BBG...but, you gotta kiss him first which is a major drawback imho.

Some of us upper class Philly boyz take weekend getaways to watch the SuperBowl.

Now, let me summarize the game as I saw it.

1) Ravens know how to play defense
    2) Kerry was more effective rolling out
    3) Best Commercial was Bob Dole doing back flips
    4) Worst commercials was the constant display of Survivor spots...like, who cares?
    5) Best moment...back to back returns for TDs

6) Dilfer deserved the MVP, or maybe Sharpe on the defense. Lewis deserves jail time.

7) Hottest looking babe during halftime...Brittnay Spears
    8) Ray Charles without a piano didn't work for me
    9) First team to 10 won the game...exactly like I predicted.

OETT
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

philly guys where are you????

OETT? this is your kingdom.
  13. robnotbob

robnotbob

Baltimore 34, NYG 7. I like the sound of that. No parades, no friggin Giant fans saying how great their team is. The G-Men were finally exposed yesterday. Thank God.

rnb: Jet and Met fan :(
  14. Ozzy

Ozzy

i guess after all those philly guys get in from the bars celebrating they'll get around to posting.
  15. Slinky Bender

MW,
    How do you think they got to Silver so fast ?
  16. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

Hey Ozzy tells me alot of you guys from Philly and DC are fags. Welcome anyway.

MW
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

GO IGGLES!

oh yeah, it's just the shitty giants.

well you gotta have a philly attitude here. NY sucks.

figures a new yorker would be the first to post.
  18. Slinky Bender

I've been told a bunch of you guys are from Philly, so the new board is for you guys to, well, whatever.

I also heard a bunch of guys would be out of work now and have a lot more time on their hands for hobbying in DC, so i fiugred they would need somplece to post, too.

And since I always liked Barry Levinson........anyone got any popcorn ?