Concrete suggestions

Discussion in 'The Health and Well Being of UG' started by Slinky Bender, Mar 27, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justlooking

justlooking

Hey, we're agreeing on just about everything now.

(Just to save Slinkybender some work, I'll point out that it's partially my fault that the edit time is so short.)
  2. jp1064

jp1064

why not something similar... but different...

[​IMG]

or even...

[​IMG]

needs some tweeking, but there are a lot of possibilities.
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy

[​IMG]

Touched up that banner keeping it real... original.
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy

Then again..... 1 & 2 are all about entertainment.
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

I come here for the therapy.....

I've said it before... It's a great place to 1) see how bad off or fucked up others are compared to myself and 2) a great place to take out those built up aggressions. Beats running into a closet to scream.

I think #2 probably applies to many which is why we have the issues we do here.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  6. jp1064

jp1064

sing kumbaya?
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  7. justlooking

justlooking

Holy shit. So after all our arguing, we actually AGREE about this?

I almost feel bad. But at least you enjoy the arguments.

What do we do now?
  8. jp1064

jp1064

Suggestion, please make the edit time a little longer also.
  9. jp1064

jp1064

Which brings up an interesting question Slinky... How many people come to this board for the information, or for the entertainment? Take a poll, find out, and gear the board to that. Personally I come here for the entertainment 99% of the time, and I'm sure a good percentage of the 40,000 do too. It's occasional that I come here for reviews or info, because it's just too chancey to use the search to find them (you have to read through to many posts to find) and the reviews are in arbitiary formats. But... I do like UG for the laughs, the stories, the conversations, and the arguments, and I'm sure others come here for that too.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  10. jp1064

jp1064

Please don't EVER ban Vermeer. That is some of the funniest shit on here!
  11. justlooking

justlooking

How do you think my post count got so high?
  12. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

DITTO

BTW - I do seem to remember you running quite a ditto streak some years back.
  13. misterxyz

misterxyz

New ladies know nothing about Vermeer. His vileness turns them away. One lady told me that she would have nothing to do with UG because of him. I find nothing funny about his rantings. I am not a member of his fan club.
  14. waynnet

waynnet

Quick suggestion:
    I noticed that I can't see the ads on UG when my firewall (Norton) ad blocking is enabled. Thorn commented that "UG uses proper coding for ads and therefore is blocked when this setting (ad blocker) is set to on"
    I don't have a problem disabling the blocker to see the ads but if I were an advertiser I'd be concerned that some people might not figure it out, assume that part of the site is broken and wouldn't see the ad. Guess if it were the case the advertisers would have bitched to you already...figured I'd throw in my 2cents anyway!
  15. MikitheMilf

MikitheMilf

16. April

April Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace

Vermeer has saftey issues? LMAO

Lets make him wear a condom when he posts on ug!

BTW Slink you have mail....lots....ask and yee shall receive! Now start crackin that whip on Allen.
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

I don't think you can control where Vermeer posts in a thread... But he can be on moderated status and not show up until staff aproves his post. You can do this in any specific forum for any member. Set him up on mod status in the "safe" or "advertising" forums and the rest of the board he's free to post in.
  18. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

I think the way to do it is not letting vermeer post in certain "safe" sections. I wish there was a way of not letting him make a post before, say, the 6th post of a thread.... but I don't lnow if that's possible.
  19. justlooking

justlooking

My concrete suggestion is that the board should consist 75% of SkellyChamp posts.
  20. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

DITTO