Coney Island

Discussion in 'New York' started by fishfry, May 25, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Chernov

Chernov

FF,

CI in pre Gulliani, Dinkins & Koch, days was major ho hangout, primarily on Mermaid Ave. Police presence was confined to Surf Ave, and the fearture amusement area.
    Ahhhh the good old days, I used to be able to pick em up off Mermaid, and breeze upstairs to one of the many seamy apts/motels for some down & dirty FS. All for $25.
    In those pre-Aids days protection was not even a consideration, although I remember catching a dose of clap from one of those fine ladies. Boy, do times change.

Good luck in your search & be careful
  2. jgd

jgd

There was some major busts a week or 2 ago shutting down alot of the russian places.
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy

a friend of mine who works in that area at night says that brighten beach is the place for russian houses and on the strip you can find a few girls mixed in with the club crowd at 3-4 am.
  4. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

There aren't as many Russian places as there used to be ( by at least 15.......).
  5. freewilly

freewilly

There are so many Russian houses in Brooklyn. Pick up a copy of Bay News, Flatbush Life or other weekly newspapers. There are man ymany ads in the back.

I stongly advise you to avoid these Coney Island street girls. We are talking about a much higher HIV/Drug Use /Robbery quotient. Plus Guliani's boys are itching to take your car away. Now if you love the thrill and danger, you are in the right place

I have seen girls out on freezing nites-they will multiply this summer. Now that the Baseball stadium on Surf Avenue is opening up, there will surely be a pre 3AM crackdown.
  6. robnotbob

robnotbob

I am sure that with the new baseball park opening there end June, there will be MAJOR police presence.
  7. jgd

jgd

It was a major stroll, now especially during the summer it is dead. You will have better luck in the winter.
  8. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

Nathans

And you thought Nathan's only served Hot Dogs.
  9. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Yes, over the years there have been several locations out by Coney Island that were major strolls. I forget which streets, butI do rember seeing one block with about 50 ladies one nite ( but this was a long time ago.....). I have not been out there "looking" in almost a decade, though.
  10. fishfry

fishfry

I was cruising around Coney Island by car tonight around 2am. There were a lot of cops all over the place. A van pulled over and about six or eight cops piled out. Every block or two I saw another cruiser.

The area itself at that hour simply screams out "ho stroll" and "buy your crack right here folks." It's majorly rundown and deserted except for a handful of unsavory characters lurking about. And the cops.

I was thinking that if you took the cops away, an army of ho's and drugdealers would have to spring right up. You could feel it.

So I'm wondering . . . pre-Giuliani, was this a major vice area? Are all those cops there every night to keep a lid on things?

Or has it always been rundown but vice free?

By the way while I was driving around I did see one young woman walking. I stopped and asked for directions. She was obviously high as a kite and seemed like a willing prospect for a quick bj. I passed because she seemed too far out of it even for my degenerate tastes.

fish
    fishfry999@hotmail.com