"Dear 'john': Watch out in Camden" - article in the CP

Discussion in 'Southern NJ/Eastern PA ( Philly, Allentown...)' started by carotene, Feb 26, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. aceofclubs26

aceofclubs26

I know it's definitely a worry. However, I think that murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and motor vehicle theft are certainly more deserving of the fluorescent postcard.
  2. Thorn

Thorn

It is one of their greater worries, as well as with any "quality of life" crime.

The reason is property values. Camden's are the lowest in the state, and not by a little bit. The ratables have to come up for the city to make any kind of comeback, and they are trying to make a comeback. Some heavy money invested at very low buy ins, trying to make a killing. I wouldn't be surprised of Sarubbi didn't have a few bucks invested himself.

Good way to make a few dollars, should they be successful in getting the US30 corridor looking good enough to sell that property bought on the cheap for more on a short end payday or develop it for long term $$$.
  3. elmaster

elmaster

It's obvious he couldn't care less about karma. Or the Prosecutor's office for that matter, I just read that he just quit his post as prosecutor to join a law firm in Haddonfield (Archer & Greiner P.C.). He'll still be prosecutor thru March 17.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/states/new_jersey/13875341.htm

Be safe,

Elm
  4. carotene

carotene

quite honestly, i can understand sending a post-card *after* you've been *convicted* of a crime. but this is ridiculous and does nothing but to embarass someone.

i wonder if they do the same thing with murderers and drug dealers?
  5. aceofclubs26

aceofclubs26

Before I even clicked the link to the rest of the article my first thought was harrassment. The men were charged and obviously will have to accept their penalty. What a scumbag to go above and beyond the courts. I think prostitution is the least of Camden's worries.
  6. Can't wait for Vincent Sarubbi's karma to catch up with him...
  7. carotene

carotene

Very troublesome. These little postcards are going out to people who haven't even been convicted of a crime. Just absolutely ridiculous.

Dear 'john': Watch out in Camden
    --------------------------------

Those accused of seeking a prostitute are reminded about city and state laws.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

By JASON NARK
    Courier-Post Staff

CAMDEN
    Anyone who's embarrassed about being charged with soliciting a prostitute in the city should keep a close eye on their mailbox.

In an effort to stop repeat offenses from "johns," the Camden County Prosecutor's Office is sending out fluorescent yellow postcards with a sarcastic "thanks for your visit" greeting.

"Camden has zero tolerance for all prostitution-related offenses," the postcard reads.

Camden County Prosecutor Vincent P. Sarubbi said postcards were sent earlier this month to the homes of three Camden County men and a Gloucester County man. The men were charged during a New Jersey State Police prostitution reversal operation on Broadway in which female undercover officers posed as prostitutes.

Read on: http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060225/NEWS01/602250328/1006