Democratic cactus votes crook off Committee seat

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by justbill_redux, Jun 16, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Thorn

Thorn

That is very kind of you to say but I doubt you need think along those lines. You seem to handle yourself just fine.
  2. Thorn

Thorn

What you stated of your opinion is simply that which is the information I provide passed though the filter of your knowledge, experience and presupposed prejudices [in your case, it is my opinion, more heavily on the last than the previous two], same as everyone else. It no more defines the actual me than the reading of stars or of tea leaves.

Simply stated, you believe as you believe because you are you. If you gave my posts to a large cross segment of the community I doubt they'd find me, overall, to have a liberal bias.

I deliberate. I don't knee jerk. It is my opinion that you do more of the latter and less of the former.

I didn't. It was my stated opinion that politicians are politicians and that they can be counted on to mess up as much as anyone else. Particurly so when they think they can get away with it because they believe themselves to be shielded by the cover of a majority position. Democrats and Republicans alike.

You make the mistake of commenting about what you know very little about. Would it surprise you to know that I once use to be a registered republican? How about that I use to be an congressional aide for a republican congressman? The man is a federal court judge now.

I became an independent directly because of what I witnessed with my own eyes as regards to partisan party politics in this country. After a time I wanted nothing to do with it. Partisan-ism screws with getting things done. It is a terrible time waster. It depletes resources and causes the wheels of government to mire themselves in service to party over service to the public good. Finally, in the long term, it is the cover used to hide many a violation of the public trust.

If your eyes were open and as close to the seat of power as mine have been than you might see that for yourself.
  3. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

You got it precisely my umbrella-less friend!
  4. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

He did used to sport those weird, prickly beard whiskers.
  5. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Is he shitting on your cleanest dirty shirt? I'll thrust you that he isn't God, because, of course, only you, Mr. UN, can know God.

And only you can boast you figured out your dog thinks he's a backwards God.

There are some people on this Board who I defer to as being infinitely smarter than I'll ever be. Thorn is one of them.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  6. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

I’m not defining you, Thorny old buddy. Your posts have defined you I’m merely attempting to introduce you to reality.
    I have a dyslexic dog who thinks he’s God yet he still drools all over the place and occasionally shits where he shouldn’t. Thrust me, he’s not God.
    I do admire your endurance. You never tire of mislabelling yourself. On some other thread I stated that I had long been registered as a Libertarian. I know what a Libertarian is, or rather should be. I left over ten years ago when it became apparent that they had deteriorated into a catch basin mostly of liberals who were ashamed to admit what they were.
    I also admire your ability to avoid the actual issue that I made.
    to wit;
    Why did you chose to expound your "everybody does it" truism at the point where I brought forth a few foibles of some Democraps after bypassing hundreds (thousands?) prior examples of vitriolic attacks on the ever saintly Republicans?
  7. Thorn

Thorn

Agreed. It usually is about who has held power recently as to who is, currently, the most corrupt.

For instance, in Hudson County, NJ the Dems [who have held power for ages] are the corrupt politicians with mayors and county execs going to jail recently.

In Bergen County, NJ, where the GOP has been in power for ages, the corrupt pols who are going to jail are all Republicans.
  8. Thorn

Thorn

You know it is totally wrong when you do that, don't you.

You don't get to define me. I get to define me.

What I know about me is that I have some political opinions that do fall into what most people would call "liberal". Like, I believe prostitution should be legalized, for one thing.

I have other POV's that are distinctly conservative. For instance, I believe in small government and fiscal responsibility.

IF you half to label my politics it is closest to Libertarian. Though I, personally, define it as fiercely independent.
  9. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

I don't reconcile it and I don't condone it. One of the reasons I'll vote for Rudy is that he's a much tougher financial manager than Bush could ever be. I'll ignore his social policies because those things are way down the list of important.

If the right Democrat came along, I'd vote for them too. But the Dem base is waaaaay out there and I can't see a conservative Dem making it through the primaries.
  10. Hyabby

Hyabby Guest

Can't speak for oddfellow (though I'll bet he'll agree), but speaking for myself - this is the single biggest disappointment and abject failure of the present administration and Republican Congress. However, it is inconceivable that a Democratic congress/administration would have grown the welfare state/nanny state any less!
  11. njman2

njman2

But how do you reconcile with one of the largest expansion of the Federal Budget (non-Iraq) in the last 6 or so years?
  12. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

Agreed. Politics begets corrupt politicians. It's inevitable. That doesn't mean that they are all that way. But the "my party is less corrupt than your party" jive just doesn't cut it. If they are corrupt, get rid of em, but the "culture of corruption" line the Dems have been using is funny at best.

I vote Republican because, in general, they are more likely to vote for defense, not vote for wasteful social programs and cut taxes. I would rather have money in the hands of an Entreprenuer than a goverment regulator any day. But it has nothing to do with how corrupt they are or not.
  13. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

Thorny, my totally in denial left wing buddy, I am in absolute agreement with your post. I must point out your the partisanship of positioning the post in reply to my attempt at sticking Just_swill’s nose in his own crap.
    That you object to my illustrating the corruption of a few Democraps, while ignoring the hundreds of Just_swill’s anti Republican spins clearly demonstrates your political leanings.
  14. Thorn

Thorn

U.N., I wish you guys [and by you guys I mean people with deeply held beliefs that one party is actually better than another, as simply opposed to having -occasionally- different view points on things. [ie, a conservative Dem is not all that much different than a conservative Rep... etc, and so forth]

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Neither party holds the market on either public service, or corruption.

Get your head over the rhetoric and into the clean air.

Think independently of party politics. That's the ticket.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  15. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Plenty of things on the news, what caught your eye? I didn't see anything about Carnegie Mellon being sued.
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy

You don't find this incredibly ironic considering........ ?

Show which school should you be demanding to return your tuition?

Anyway... guess you didn't see the news.
  17. justbill_redux

Yeah I have the nerve to call you stupid, because you are.

And here's something you really need to learn. Admit your mistakes, like I did. Asswipe.
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy

cactus

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

And you have the fucking nerve to call me stupid.
  19. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

While we are on the subject of the Ways and Means, let us not forget Rosty's predecessor as chairman, the grate Democrap, Wilber (yes, Mr.Ed) Mills.
    Yep, them dems sure am the horse’s ass.
  20. justbill_redux

My mistake in ignoring my Rule 1. Never post when you're in a hurry and haven't reread your comments for accuracy, spelling and context.