Despite the truth, the Bushies continue to lie

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by lamont5123, Sep 10, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. klarch

klarch banned

Here's the guy I would blame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzjGHTH_5OY&mode=related&search=

What a turd.
  2. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

I do agree that people should take care of themselves. However, I also know that there are times, such as during a natural disaster on the scale of Katrina

(According to Michael Chertoff, Secretary of Homeland Security, Katrina was "probably the worst catastrophe or set of catastrophes certainly that I'm aware of in the history of the country..." http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0509/03/cst.04.html)

that the government has a responsibility to aid its citizens in a responsible and timely fashion since it is unrealistic to think that individuals can take care of the situation by themselves. This is part of the of the federal governments responsibility to "promote the general welfare" of the people.

I am clearly not defending those who have taken advantage of the situation, those that are content to sit around for welfare checks, etc. That is not what I'm talking about since these things happen when the disaster is over and people should be looking to get on with their lives and rebuild. I am referring to the immediate response. No one at the federal level is arguing that matters such as these are not their responsibility or that their response wasn't inadequate. Why can't you accept that?

http://www.whitehouse*****/reports/katrina-lessons-learned/chapter1.html

Chapter One: Katrina in Perspective
    Hurricane Katrina was one of the worst natural disasters in our Nation’s history and has caused unimaginable devastation and heartbreak throughout the Gulf Coast Region. A vast coastline of towns and communities has been decimated.
    President George W. Bush, September 8, 20051

Terrorists still plot their evil deeds, and nature’s unyielding power will continue. We know with certainty that there will be tragedies in our future. Our obligation is to work to prevent the acts of evil men; reduce America’s vulnerability to both the acts of terrorists and the wrath of nature; and prepare ourselves to respond to and recover from the man-made and natural catastrophes that do occur. The magnitude of Hurricane Katrina does not excuse our inadequate preparedness and response, but rather it must serve as a catalyst for far-reaching reform and transformation. To do this, we must understand Hurricane Katrina in its proper context.

[SNIP]

I really don't see what there is to disagree about here. I'm clearly not saying the things you are trying to read into my previous posts, and I'm simply agreeing with the President of the United States that responding to disasters such as this and complementing the individual response is the federal government's responsibility and that their response was inadequate.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  3. drobbins

drobbins

Dave, even though Klarch may be antagonistic at times, he is right. Period.
    People need to take responsibility for themselves and their own successes and failures. You can't always rely on others and the government. History has proven that over and over again. Liberalism has proven that over and over again.

Look at New Orleans- 50 years of liberal rule, it should have been a utopia- no crime, full equality and distribution of wealth- yet what it turned out to be was high crime and a bunch of people who couldnt help themselves and waited around for the government to do something. And now they're still waiting around. There are so many jobs available down there reconstructing, paying top dollar, but people would rather sit around collecting welfare checks. Disagree all you want, it's fact.
  4. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Just like in the immigration thread where you assumed I was in favor of illegal immigration, even though I am not and have never posted anything suggesting that I am.

You don't know me at all, you just think what you want to think all evidence to the contrary.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  5. klarch

klarch banned

Oh no, I believe I know you very well from reading your views here.

Nice try though.
  6. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Ahh, and weren't you just complaining about people that make sweeping assumptions? Look in the mirror hypocrite. You don't know anything, you just assume.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  7. klarch

klarch banned

Just keep being the complaining coward that you are, hiding behind your computer monitor. It's safer for you there.

I understand your posts enough to know that you would rather complain about better peoples' responses to aid people during a natural disaster, than get off your fat ass to do anything to help yourself.
  8. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

I did not realize you were so sensitive. I'll admit, I was a bit saracastic with you, but that is not the same thing as the blatant name calling, threatening etc. that you have engaged in.

And as usual, you demonstate your inability to understand a post in its context. Of course people with the ability to do so should take care of themselves, but it is ridiculous to think that everyone in New Orleans and other areas affected by Katrina should have been able to do so due to economic/health factors, etc.
  9. klarch

klarch banned

My first post in Politics forum:

Notice I state my own opinion and state what I would do or expect in the same situation.

Davey's response:

Notice he makes sweeping assumptions that I am not a minimum wage worker that doesn't own a car, and makes a mocking remark about me believing I can have a successful plan for MYSELF. In this and a variety of other situations.

It goes on and on like this starting on post #18 in this thread.

So it sounds like Davey Boy just thinks it's funny that me or anyone would try to do for themselves rather than just rely on government or organizations to save them from the problems they may have to face. Worst comes to worst, he can still just blast that others did not help sufficently, while he sits back and complains. That's pathetic.
  10. drobbins

drobbins

Agreed.
  11. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

I am certainly not the one who started the bullshit between us, and your attempt to rewrite history is dishonest.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  12. klarch

klarch banned

Sounds to me that the only "background" that you and I have is to continually disagree on every issue, usually with insults tossed in by you.
  13. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Personally, I blame the pilgrims. :D
  14. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

You had to bring that up. The authorities are wiping out all our AMPs here in CT. I'm quite strapped so I haven't had many hot little Asians lately, but I took one last trip to Fantasy modeling in Bridgeport and had this just amazing session with a young Korean. It was really a top 5 for me...

The handle she was using was NaNa. As I was driving home all I hear in my brain was ......

Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey ... Goodbye ......

I wonder if I should blame Bush?
  15. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

I wouldn't undress any of you mongers even if you paid me. If we had some hot little asian female posting here, that'd be different.
  16. Best1

Best1

Forget the addressing and stick to the undressing.
  17. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

I wouldn't normally address another poster in this manner, but if you understood the background between klarch and myself, I think you might see why I chose to address him that way.
  18. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Well, it is war without end if the plan is to attack every country we perceive as being pro-terrorist until there are no more terrorists.
  19. Best1

Best1

No, just vigilance without end, which has become a security requirement in this world, except for those too stupid or shortsighted to realize it.
  20. Best1

Best1

You should realize that you're sounding exactly like the kind of self-righteous ass that you're complaining about others being in this thread.