Dissed Again-A Stream of Jodi Foster Thoughts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by greyfox, Mar 28, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. ChuckUFarlie

ChuckUFarlie

I could rub one out looking at Barbarella anytime but once Jane hit 40 she just didn't do anything for me even though she supposedly held up well.

As pretty as Jodie is, I'm still not too sure she doesn't have a cock, well maybe just a real big clit.

And hey, I know you guys are gonna jump on me, but I liked Contact. I grew up reading and watching Dr. Sagan and I thought the film was interesting, intelligent and thoughtful.
  2. Come on. Jodie as the jail-bait hooker in Taxi Driver probably launched a thousand wet dreams...
  3. vermeer

vermeer

my favorite movie scene of all time is "i can smell your cunt". when i saw that in a theater i couldn't stop laughing. sort of like that denrio scen in cap fear.
  4. Bandaid

Bandaid

Okay, you found an exception -- You could add the original Freaky Friday to that list, too. And nobody added Anna and the King to her "serious art" list -- probably because nobody saw it.
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

He took the easy way out.
  6. it's what killed Henry Fonda...
  7. Ozzy

Ozzy

Some think Katherine Hepburn's yammering is what drove Howard Hughes into seclusion.
  8. Jane's "On Golden Pond" bikini scene almost makes sitting through Katherine Hepburn's yammering tolerable.
  9. goofy3

goofy3

yeah, sure - "Maverick" had me pondering the meaning of life for days.
  10. greyfox

greyfox

She's well preserved and goodlooking but so cold.Barbarella on the other hand was fuckable even if you were a Republican.I was thinking about 'slopecunt' during the movie,too.Didn't Bruce Dern call her a 'jody muthafucka' or something like that during that same scene?I never understood that,but 'slopecunt'.... great.

Bandaid-The movie is "Coming Home",another feel good post Vietnam film.
  11. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

12. Bandaid

Bandaid

Slopecunt? Never had the pleasure. Jodie wouldn't be too bad if she was straight, although she really had put on some years in "Flightplan," one of the more absurd plots of recent years.
  13. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Nothing beats "Slopecunt!" (and she always gave me a bigger boner than Foster ever did).
  14. Ozzy

Ozzy

Hey... Foxes was a lot more watchable than Contact.
  15. curious

curious

or Little Man Tate?
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy

Like Contact?
  17. Bandaid

Bandaid

Jodie Foster movies just ooze "serious message" from every frame - they are so painfully correct and sincere and cerebral you feel like you have to be in a very serious mood to see one.
  18. greyfox

greyfox

"Magnificent cunt"
    No,it's not a quote from a Vermeer post.It's what the fictional mayor of NYC calls the character played by Jodi Foster in "Inside Man".She seems flattered(providers take note).After all,it's better than having the guy in the cell next to Hannibal Lechter tell you that he "can smell your cunt".But what's up with this?Jodi getting abused with the the most offensive four letter word of all...again?Well maybe Spike Lee was just making a sly reference to that chilling comment in "The Silence of the Lambs".This is after Jodi was gang raped in a bar in "The Accused" to a chorus chanting something like "1,2,3,4...pound that pussy 'till it's sore".Maybe,it's just that her Ice Queen of the Lipstick Lesbians persona leads her to play characters that are resented,feared,hated by men.Not to mention real life where she rejects Hinckley,who conflates her with her character Iris the prostitute in"Taxi Driver",and tries to assassinate President Reagan.Jeez.

Thirty years ago I was looking for SWs on Third Ave. between Astor Place and 14th St. where there was a mixed straight and tranny stroll at the time.There was a crowd gathered on 13th St. and the street had been closed to traffic between 2nd Ave. and Third Ave. where the scene in "Taxi Driver" of the stoned Iris/Jodi nearly getting hit by DeNiro/Bickle's cab was being shot.I spent hours watching take after take of this scene(the cops and production company had forced the real hookers to leave the area).All of you young Manhattan SW cruisers,should watch this movie if you haven't seen it and should watch it again if you have.Nothing captures the sordid menacing excitement of Times Square,Eighth Ave.and the Park Ave. South stroll of the 70's like that film.The famous Belmore Cafeteria was a real cabby hang out right across 28th St. from where the McDonalds is now.Ironically cabbies today hang out all night only a block away at the Indo-Pak restaurants on Lex.

BTW,I thought the movie was mediocre.Spike overloads humorous vignettes with a New Yawk flava and adds a few pinches of social commentary which disrupt the crescendo of suspense needed to make this hostage movie with a twist really work.