does anybody use UG like this?

Discussion in 'New York' started by LOUMA, Feb 4, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Bill Furniture

Bill Furniture Flounder

Re: As for this board

Awesome quote jh. It's like a chatroom where all your buddies hang out.
  2. jackhenry

jackhenry

As for this board

This board make me feel like Richard Gere in "Officer and a Gentlemen." Lou Gossett, Jr., the drill sargeant, is trying to drive him out of the Navy flight school and puts him through grueling weekend-long PT drills to make him crack.

Toward the end, as Gere is doing his 10,000th sit up, Gossett asks, "Mayo, why won't you just leave?"

Gere, screams, "Cuz I've got no place else to go!!"
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2003
  3. Mxaah

Mxaah

All I have to say is that I am addicted to this board, get to the office early in the morning, first thing to do: (even before checking my ******) log on to Utopia, when I get home at night, first thing to do: (even before saying hello to the wife) log on to Utopia.

Call me crazy if you want, but I enjoy the reviews, the fights, the jokes (most of all), I truly enjoy being a member of this board.

Now, petehanse, you are sounding pretty much like Rufus.
  4. LOUMA

LOUMA

that's a part of posting in any format like this unfortunately. I've decided to just do my routine here and ignore the idiocy--
  5. teeduke

teeduke

Not only the reviews are useful. I value the opinions of a number of UG members even in non-review posts who seem to know what they're talking about. There's an education to be had on this board.

As for the bragging and the requests for which lady to ask for and what magic words to whisper in her ear and how much to fork over etc., I try to put up with it as much as I can but I lose patience. It's so sophomoric. Some people need a little too much hand-holding for my taste.
  6. tooma

tooma

I too remember the incident that caused a lot of the posting styles to change. The same event even caused people to switch handles in some cases. I would have to say based on the number of recent posts each morning, that most people are not too upset about the change.
  7. Casper

Casper

I wonder how he knew? Must have felt him up or something?
  8. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

and i remember a guy named imperialone. ever heard of him

BTW you have one of my favorite titles on the board
  9. iusedtobeone1

iusedtobeone1

Duck.....

TankCommander and Catelli.......noow that brings back some fine memories....
  10. robnotbob

robnotbob

yea, "Silky".
  11. petehanse

petehanse

Silky

I think that should be quite obvious. Perhaps when the LE climate changes, the posts will reflect that. The current changes are strictly due to the posters themselves and not to any changes in board rules!
  12. LOUMA

LOUMA

I do, and I'm wondering what the deal is--All I'm looking for here is a little more of the straight dope. I still like being on UG though, otherwise I wouldn't bother posting anything and move on, but i think this board in particular has the best potential. I've never found any rules here to limit a good review.
  13. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

pete,

Do you think he realises that it's the posters who decided to change, and not any "board rules" or moderation which are the source of his complaints?
  14. justlooking

justlooking

Automatic Post

I don't believe that one bit. No one has ever made any kind of persuasive demonstration that straightforward posting leads to busts. And when you think about it, it doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2003
  15. petehanse

petehanse

Re obscure Posts

Due to recent LE activity the posts have become much less graphic and sometimers totally unreleated. Granted we all like to know who sucks the best dick, who allows the best pussy licking, and what provider spreads her legs the widest. If we persist in writing these type of posts, more and more spas will close, and we will all be sitting home playing with old lady thumb and her 4 daughters! Do you really want this to happen?
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2003
  16. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

i don't because I enjoy UG more than just looking for the latest review. I do log on for the info but its no longer my primary purpose posting here.

And i don't find the "recent going" any that worse than a year or two ago. i remember when tankcommander and catelli were posting. Just as contentious back then.
  17. LOUMA

LOUMA

I love to log on, read the latest review from my favorite posters, and go out and make an appointment with them myself. UG is great for that--
    The recent goings on here has been making it a bit more difficult to do this. I mean, if someone wants to advertise that's fine, but is that really the purpose of this board? I think it a sort of Zagats guide to the industry; if there's a review that sounds good i go and sample for myself.
    anybody feel like i do?