Doubles at Episodes

Discussion in 'Cheap Thrills' started by Slinky Bender, Feb 24, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. TASTYSQEEZE

TASTYSQEEZE

From what I hear, it was a well tuned business for over 30 years. Something had to happen that we will really never know. Perhaps someone had a major chip on their shoulder and wanted to cause major pain on the owners. The truth is they where probally the most nicest people for their line of work. Always clean, nice, respectful, caring, loving and very very giving. And I'm sure Renee didnt know that the girl was 15. She is way smarter, but not smart enough and just fucked up by accident or pahaps she seen an opportunity for more business. No one will ever know the reaL stroy.
  2. ReelNYC

ReelNYC

The fact that they've kept reopening after being busted numerous times over 30 years means that they're not a lesser sentence. Judges don't like to wrong, and this is a case involving a minor that made the newspapers.

Even if they plead out, they still have to do 5 years supervision afterward ... so no Episodes for at least 6 years.
  3. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

No doubt, no doubt these are serious charges and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Episodes to be opening again at another location anytime soon.
  4. ReelNYC

ReelNYC

Yeah ... they're in up to 15 years upstate worth of deep shit IF they were aware that she was under 16 ... or if the girl was forced into it by them or another person.

But even if they can raise doubt that they were aware of her age, they're still up for a year on Rikers.

If the landlord knew about Episodes, then the landlord could get 6 months on Rikers.
  5. thrasherp

thrasherp

I first found Episodes (not sure how) in the '80s, when they were in TriBeCa. They were on West Broadway (?) and had a white section of fence along the steps leading to the door. Absolutely loved the place, the girls, the price, the location. When the yuppies in the area started to whine about it, it moved up to 36th St. I followed them there, then lost track of it. This bust is bad. If she had been more careful about the ages of the girls, she might have been in biz again soon. Now, who knows?
  6. PistlPete

PistlPete

Check that....

Search in CL for the term "east broadway"
  7. PistlPete

PistlPete

Sam, do a search in BP on the number 4011
  8. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Agree with you totally and that is my point. I could be 100% off the mark but I just think they were duped. I'm sure there are plenty of mature 15 year olds who could easilly pass for girls of age. Not that great of a stretch. Either way though they are probably in deep shit.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  9. Samuking

Samuking

Man I'm happy I was able to go to this place before it was shut down. Such a shame. Where am I going to go for cheap latino incalls.... especially in Manhattan...
  10. Scott68

Scott68 I hate UG and i wont post here again (under this h

Ther seems to be something other than what we know going on behind the scene.

They ran a tight game for many years, all of a sudden a minor shows up to work and may have worked a very short time if she in fact worked at all and they are busted.

It is obvious that this wasn't a random bust.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  11. Chris_888

Chris_888

I totaly agree if it is all ture then the book should be thrown at them. But it suprises me that an establshment that has been around for that long makes a mistake like that, it seems a little funny. But hey the girl could have lied about her age and played the role very well.
  12. morgan2

morgan2

since the 1970's, starting in downtown brooklyn
  13. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Yeah no doubt they are in deeper trouble than if it was just a "typical" brothel bust. (They've been busted many times over the years and eventually re-opened). I don't know them personally and maybe I'm totally wrong but I have to believe she is too smart to have known a 15 year old was working there knowing the likelihood of the place eventually getting raided again. I find that hard to believe but that in no way is a tacit approval of that kind of behavior by anyone and shouldn't be taken as such.
  14. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Steve I'm just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Everything I've read on here tells me they a decent people not scumbags and wouldnt knowingly employ a young girl there. There is no history of that as far as I know. She has been in business for decades so I think she is smarter than that. Don't know of the extent of any background checks on the women they employed but it is possible to get legitimately fooled, no?
  15. oldfool

oldfool

There are few things that almost all of society can get together on and child molestation is one of them.
    Authorities are eager to throw the book at these sick individuals with everyone cheering them on, and Bernie Madoff gets more sympathy.
  16. oldfool

oldfool

Weren't there a bunch of places on Roosevelt Ave years ago that were busted for having Mexican girls way under age?
    I think I remember what I read in the paper but does anyone have real knowledge about them?
    My experience is that anything I read in the paper that I have first hand knowledge of is all wrong in the paper.
  17. ark123

ark123

I guess that is why luxyasiangirls had to close as well.
  18. stevana

stevana

With all due respect, I was with you on this until the last two sentences. If one of us had been caught with her there would be no mitigating or excusing circumstances. Statutory rape, child molestation whatever else might be applicable in the given cicumstances. Anyone who arranges for someone to be available that should not be because of how old they are (put all other illegality aside) is not someone to whom I am inclined to be sympathetic. I think if any reason to doubt the girl should be put out. Greed, however, might provide motivation to make a different decision.
  19. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

Yeah I thought the same thing. If those charges stick about the 15 year old they are in deep doodey. If true that was an incredible blunder to make by management because we all know the authorities come down hard on those kind of things. I'm sure she lied to them about her age but I don't know if that will hold up in court. Hope so.
  20. Thorn

Thorn

A little longer than that.

This is far from their first bust. They've always come back.

However if what they say about a minor being on site this time around... which ownership claims wasn't known about at the time it occurred and that might very well be true because as far as I know they have never allowed that before... this time it might be for keeps.