Entourage

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by Lascivious, Jun 12, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Gavvy Cravath

Gavvy Cravath Moderator Emeritus

The "Starting Gate"? Hmmm. Sean O'Gs? "The Cuckcoo's Nest"?

Fucking nails it...

Nicely done, Oz.

Gavy
  2. Gavvy Cravath

OK, tell me about the after hours spot in Astoria that was like three stories. Please...
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy

I know every inch of Queens.

Matter of fact.. someone posted on another board a view from their apt window and I told him his address and approx floor.

Btw... Anyone pick up the Don Pepe reference. You would think the boys would prefer Parkside or Abbracciamento's... both a lot closer to Woodside.
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  4. billyS

billyS

Ozzy, you grew up in Woodside?
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy

OK.. I watched it.

The bar (Johnny Drama's) is on Roosevelt Ave in Woodside next to St. Sebastians, that be around 56 or 57st on Roosevelt... Used to be a night club. The interior shots were from the old Pats Pub which was at Woodside and Roosevelt ave.

58-45 41 dr is exactly where the scenes in front of Vinnys house were shot. However... the backyard scenes with the semi elevated train in the background were more than likely shot using one of the houses on Vaux Rd a few blocks away and where the train rises up into the Woodside LIRR station at 61 st and Roosevelt.
  6. Ozzy

Ozzy

I haven't seen the final episode yet. I'll get to it in a day or two and let you know the location. There isn't an inch of that are I can't spot.
  7. Gavvy Cravath

I am with you on this, billy. I can't locate that building at all. I can't see HBO editing that in.
  8. billyS

billyS

9. degenerate

degenerate

10. billyS

billyS

LOL, thanks for the flash back. Mike the cop, Mr Bacciagalupe, Mr. Fields.
  11. NYC55

NYC55

you might be right, but evertyime I see an outside ny shot of NY that is obviously shot at the studio it all looks like the same buildings from the old Abbot and Costello show.
  12. billyS

billyS

No what made it look fake was the airreal shot they did. there was nothing beyond the street. Just about anywhere in Queens from any direction you would have seen a high rise or the city skyline. Queens is not flat. It reminded me of the New York sound stage down in Universal Studios. And if you noticed at the both ends of the block there were buildings perpendicular to the street, closing it off.

You don't think they can manufacture those things?

BTW, Emily I know what you know about a film crew taking over a street. When I was on my way to the UG party in March 2007, I was following the directions I got from UG Staff in the email. However one of the streets on the route was closed due to filming.
  13. Gavvy Cravath

Woodside?

Man, I am in Woodside 3x a week and couldn't place it. I was a little blurry, though, after hanging out until 10 AM and not getting much sleep. I would gather it kind of looked like 66th or 67th Street between Woodside Avenue and Roosevelt. I am going to watch it on demand tonight.

Gavy
  14. NYC55

NYC55

I know they remove all of the cars for the shoot, but they should have places a few parked cars in their. that's made made the block look so rake and "not real"
  15. fairemily

fairemily

Your absolutely right, it is a nightmare when film crews take over city streets. My friend had the same problem with another Mel Gibson flop. I think these crews are overkill and just need to minimize. With all the great restaurants in NYC do they really need a craft table? Does an assistant really need a assistant because the star wants pink M&M at 2am? I think it could be done accurately with a small crew but that's Hollywood for you.
  16. RuffToy

RuffToy

When movie or TV film crews go on location, they take over the neighborhood. So the lack of vehicles were deliberate.

When the movie "Ransom" with Mel Gibson was filmed on the UES, they literally took over four blocks of Madison Ave for about two weeks. Every vehicle you see in a background shot are part of the movie. Nothing is left for random.

BTW, location crews are a bunch of asswipes. They think they own the world and wear a badge. I was crossing the street during the set up of a shoot, nothing was going on. I hear somebody yelling "Hey, where do you think you're going". I ignored him and continued. He ran up to me, and in my face, asked me again. In my thoughtful, respectful, gentlemanly manner I said to him "Step out of my face before this ends up ugly".

Prick!
  17. NYC55

NYC55

ok I watched the show last night. I'm pretty sure the row houses were real. Maybe woodside because that was where the bar and "el" train were. I also think I saw the LIRR elevated track in one scene. the reason why I think the block was real was because it had several fire hydrants and "No parking signs" on both sides. What made it look fake was the lack of parked cars on both sides of the street.
  18. fairemily

fairemily

Queens natives are tough critics when it comes to accurate portrayal of our borough. I was kind of pissed off when I heard in the film Before the Devil Knows your Dead (great film otherwise) stating the mall where the jewelry store scene was in Westchester when it was really the Bayside Shopping Center.
  19. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

The row houses looked fake to me too, but I'm no expert on Queens. If it's not Roosevelt Ave, I'm not the guy to ask. Not yet, anyway.

Agreed on both counts. I wish the show was an hour long too.
  20. NYC55

NYC55

I'm watching the finale tonight so I probably shouldn't be commenting yet, but I think the guys are supposed to be from Bayside. Also a lot of times I notice filming in and around the city is usually in locations that are easy as far as crowd and traffic control even though the location(to a new yorker) doesn't make any sense.