escape from amerikka

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by vermeer, Jun 12, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Ozzy

Ozzy

I shot this with my camera phone two weeks ago at the Heron Bay TPC course as I crossed a bridge....

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. Al Kikuras

Al Kikuras

And the barracuda's in the bars.
  3. curious

curious

Don't forget the alligators on the courses.
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy

Quality hoors here can be had for $150 thru most local agencies. Thats about half the $300 equal quality hoors in NY go for. Strip clubs absolutely blow the doors off NY and for $300 here you can take a stripping hoor home for the night or at least a few hours.

Golf courses might be flat, but there's lots more water to keep it interesting and during the off season (may-sept) they practically pay you to come and play.
  5. vermeer

vermeer

i forgot to mention all those pasty white irish motherfuckers from boston, with bad tatoos. there is nothing more disgusting than pasty white skin covered with ugly flourescent colored tatoos.

from my experience, hewrs were about the same price as ny: $250+ for quality meat. ozzy, i don't know where you're getting youre prices.

also, every golf course there is flat and looks the same.

to clarify my earlier post, i want to bang hewrs for $50-100 max. when you find a hoor for 100 in florida, let me know. i will hop on the next jetblue flight, and move in with you.

6. Ozzy

Ozzy

Electricians down here make $10-$15/hr.... in NY a typical local 3 electrician makes $30-$40/hr or more. MCSE techs down here $8-$12/hr..... $20 or better in NY. Rents and cost of living in the burbs are about the same.
  7. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Yeah, construction contracting and engineering are the way to go there.

But in other professional fields the salaries are so damn low in Fla. compared to what they are in NYC.

It sort of depends on your age and what stage of your life you're in, I guess.

Let's all chip in and have Ozzy's construction team build a beautiful oceanside villa for Vermeer to retire to.
  8. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

K, that makes sense.
  9. Ozzy

Ozzy

Maybe cause when Vermeer starts a thread it warrants being in a place with no moderation and where no one cares what you say.
  10. DaveNJ

DaveNJ

Why exactly is this thread in P&R?
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy

Pretty much the most accurate description I've seen cept the traffic isn't all that bad. You and many others also don't realize how easy it is down here. Just from a drivers POV, you can park anywhere, turn anywhere, almost no paid lots or meters, the streets are pot hole free. From a work ethic POV the ethic down here sucks. If you bring with you half the NY work ethic down here, you can be mucho successful and run circles around the competition. It's more laid back, less chaotic and from an immigrant POV.... Not nearly as bad as people in NY think and worlds better than NY. There really is only one language (spanish) you need to learn as opposed to a dozen from the non-assimilating immigrants in NY. The Haitians here mostly speak english, same with the Cubans. The one or two populations who refuse to speak or learn english are the Ricans and Mexicans.

And I work with the construction field laborers every day pretty much from South Beach up to Boca, so I run into a ton of immigrants (legal and illegal) and thats the experience I've gotten
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2006
  12. Ozzy

Ozzy

I could live in Brazil... already have a place picked out. You just have to get used to the ghetto being right next door to your luxury condo. And unlike DR where even a piece of steak sucks (and try and get a piece of cheese)... the food in Brazil is worlds better. You're also all probably thinking about Rio and not about Bahia (if you like a tropical oasis) or Sao Paulo (if you prefer a metropolis).
  13. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

No, it's cheaper than NYC, but, yeah, your basically right about the later. I never understood the fascination with South Florida. Nice place to visit for a week and hit the beaches, but characterless strip malls, traffic and transplanted New Yorkers who spend their time talking about how much they miss thier hometown gets old really fast.

It's New Jersey with more old people and better Cuban sandwiches. I'd much rather live in PR or Costa Rica than Miami. Give me the real Latin America (or at least a U.S. commonwealth), not some plastic chain restaurant version of it.
  14. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

It's easy as cake to get a tourist visa, but a total pain in the ass to get a student or work visa. They'll give it to you at the consulate with a Coke and a smile, but you'll encounter all kinds of arbitrary fines and obstacles once you get to Brazil.

Brazil is a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Go there for a year or two -- as a resident, not a tourist -- and your perspective will completely change. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's not for me.
  15. jyris

jyris

Oz: Yes, it's easy to get a visa to visit Brazil -- but my understanding is that they have now made it much harder to get a residence permit if you want to live there (even as a retiree).

As to the relative safety of Cartagena and Rio -- any American seriously thinking of moving anywhere in SA needs to take a trip there. If you thought NYC in the '70s was bad (in terms of crime, public maintenance of infrastructure, etc.), you just aren't ready for the reality of life in many other countries.
  16. Ozzy

Ozzy

And the only pain in the ass with Brazil is that you need a visa to go there. Thats an easy thing to accomplish. The streets of Cartagena are just as bad as those of Rio.... albiet for different reasons. Just stay on the main paths, don't look for trouble and you probably won't find it.

And Brazilians are mui cool with anaconda, unlike some other countries mentioned.
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

Actually the prices in So Fla are about half that in NY and the chooch is far better.

The money you save on a plane ticket you could still bang a new ho every day of the week in florida on a $500 budget if you add in some of that saved airfare.
  18. jyris

jyris

Some Serious Suggestions

I thought that you were buying a coop in the City? If your plans have changed, you may want to consider:

1. Cartagena, Columbia. Stable and safe compared with the rest of the country, a large expat population (so you don't need to learn Spanish for your daily social interactions -- assuming that you have any other than with whores), cheap housing, and a Caribbean climate.

2. Nicaragua (Pacific coast). Many Americans think that the Sandinistas still rule here, but the actual political situation is quite calm. Oceanfront property on the Pacific coast is a bargain, and you can move there with no problem if you can prove that your income will be at least US $500 per month.

Brazil is a pain in the ass if you actually want to move there. Argentina is much, much easier (and although I love the brasileiras, the women in BA are just as hot, if not more so).
  19. vermeer

vermeer

ozzy, i'm looking for a place where the chocha is muy cheapo. like $20-50. basically i want to bang a new ho 4 days a week, for a total budget of $500.

south florida has the same snatch prices as ny, in addition to the most loathsome jewtalians from long island. no thanks.
  20. paulbunyon

paulbunyon

In reality, Vermeer is about as black as Mister Rogers.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2006