Fighting them overthere

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by justbill_redux, Jun 15, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. jyris

jyris

BTW, I'm pretty sure that your characterization of Alan Colmes as a right-winger would surprise him.
  2. jyris

jyris

This is what you wrote, isn't it? "People plotting against the U.S. here at home" = "just ordinary people?" I'm not putting words in your mouth, or misquoting you, am I?

Now, the first part of what you wrote is nearly a black-letter definition of treason; the second can't reasonably be construed as anything other than an expression of sympathy. If you care to reread what I wrote, I called the "people plotting" traitors, not you.

Now, I'm willing to bet that these anti-US plotters that you seem to know so well are nothing more than anti-administration grumblers who hope for a Democratic landslide in the midterm elections and a new Democratic president in '08. If that's the case, then you're guilty of nothing more than hyperbole and bombast. If that's NOT the case, and you really know (or know of) a group of people who wish this country harm, then it's your responsibility as a citizen to call LE, not mine.

BTW, I'm a vet, so I don't have anything to prove regarding my willingness to serve this country.

As my comments sought to show, your initial post was so ridiculous that my reply says almost nothing about my political views -- just yours. Or would you care to elaborate on why US crime rates will soon become the rationale for invading other countries for those idiots, like me, who didn't immediately grasp the connection?
  3. lamont5123

lamont5123

justbill,

Well, I am taking that from going online and reading the police blotter for the last seven days in the New York Post.

The Daily News keeps a nice score of people who get killed in this city.

I just don't believe this city ain't safe. Maybe in Manhattan south of 96th Street, but in the other boroughs, it is not that safe.

Oh, I pay no attention to that traitor crap. I've been called all types of names.

I've had people write the U.S. Marine Corps hoping to get my son in trouble because of my views. People sent me missives threatening him, my mother and of course, me.

And then they turn around and call themselves patriots.

Ha!
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  4. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Sorry guy I have to disagree, sure we read about tourists getting stabbed in Times Square and on the subway but when you talk about crap like drug related shootings out in Bklyn or the Bronx, well the numbers are down.You'll always read about the sensational. I agree 100% that the prosperity of the Clintion years had a lot to do with the numbers dropping nationwide, Rudys Police Commissioners Bratton & Kelly deserve the credit for the NYC drop, not him.

And dont you just love those NeoCon chickenshit scumbags that equate questioning or criticizing the government with being a traitor, fuck em.
  5. Mr. User Name

Mr. User Name

Hey Bunion, What do you think of your little buddy now ?
  6. lamont5123

lamont5123

jyris,

Typical of a Neo-Con.

Someone whose predictions and outlook upsets your tainted view of being morally right just has to be a traitor, huh?

No, a traitor is someone who aids and abets the enemy, not someone who calls government officials on their lies, exaggerations and untruths, or tells the awful truth of what this administration's racist foreign policy has wrought.

Like most Neo-Cons, you sit smugly at home, safe behind a keyboard, too cowardly to troop your ass down to a recruiting station and put your butt on the line for what you supposedly believe in.

Just like the leader you claim to idolize - a warrior in ostrich's closing.

Before I joined this board, I was all over the Internet, bashing Neo-Cons with what I said would happenm in Iraq. I turned out to be right. My opposition never wavered. I even told my son in Iraq that Bush was lying. My son and most of his fellow Marines now believe it, too.

Here’s what the luminaries on your side of the fence predicted:

"This will be no war -- there will be a fairly brief and ruthless military intervention.... The president will give an order. [The attack] will be rapid, accurate and dazzling.... It will be greeted by the majority of the Iraqi people as an emancipation. And I say, bring it on."
    (Christopher Hitchens, in a 1/28/03 debate-- cited in the Observer, 3/30/03)

"The only people who think this wasn't a victory are Upper Westside liberals, and a few people here in Washington."
    (Charles Krauthammer, Inside Washington, WUSA-TV, 4/19/03)

"Now that the war in Iraq is all but over, should the people in Hollywood who opposed the president admit they were wrong?"
    (Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes, 4/25/03)

"Over the next couple of weeks when we find the chemical weapons this guy was amassing, the fact that this war was attacked by the left and so the right was so vindicated, I think, really means that the left is going to have to hang its head for three or four more years."
    (Fox News Channel's Dick Morris, 4/9/03)

"I doubt that the journalists at the New York Times and NPR or at ABC or at CNN are going to ever admit just how wrong their negative pronouncements were over the past four weeks."
    (MSNBC's Joe Scarborough, 4/9/03)

"I will bet you the best dinner in the gaslight district of San Diego that military action will not last more than a week. Are you willing to take that wager?"
    (Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly, 1/29/03)

Now, getting back to your baseless accusation, if I'm a traitor, here's two numbers to the Department of Homeland Security:

Operator Number: 202-282-8000

Comment Line: 202-282-8495

I'm calling your bluff, Neo-Con.

Make the call.
  7. jyris

jyris

Justbill,

New York has not experienced a drop in crime. That's a myth perpetrated by Republicans...

Right. The Republicans somehow managed to gain control of NYPD’s bureaucracy to skew crime stats in NYC’s favor, but forgot to do so in majority Republican areas of the country, most of which reported increases in crime. That makes sense.

…Everybody I talk to says the same thing:

Everyone YOU talk to. I have a feeling that these folks don’t represent a wide spectrum of political beliefs.

…Is this now the newest excuse for the Neo-Cons to invade an innocent people and kill 100,000 of them in the attack and cause another 100,000 to be killed in the ensuing mayhem?

Is what the newest excuse? Crime’s up in the US (or down in NYC – take your pick), so let’s invade another country?

…How come every think tank says the Iraq War has increased terrorism and just like Lamont has predicted on news forums all over the Internet?

Every one YOU pay attention to – and why do you refer to yourself in the third person?

…Because every research paper on this subject said Bush's invasion has galvanized normally meek and placid people and engendered so much hatred for the U.S. in them, they have become terrorists themselves.

Every one YOU read. BTW, I doubt that you read any (maybe summaries by like-minded – read closed-minded – people).

…Not one of them is a member of al Qaeda.

Like you would know.

…The people who are plotting agains the U.S. here at home are not members of al Qaeda either.

We’ll just take your word for it.

…They're just ordinary people who are so peeved they've decided to do something about it.

I don’t call people who plot against their own country “ordinary people.”

I call them traitors.

And if the shoe fits, bro…
  8. lamont5123

lamont5123

Justbill,

New York has not experienced a drop in crime. That's a myth perpetrated by Republicans.

Everday in every newspaper you read stories of murders, rapes, beatings and stabbings.

And crime has dropped? Pulleeze. Everybody I talk to says the same thing:

How in the heck does the Bloomberg administration come up with these shady numbers?

What drop in crime? Just read this week's papers and see for yourself.

When Rudy was mayor, all the fools in this area gave credit to him while the real truth was that crime dropped ALL OVER THE NATION thanks the excellent stewardship of America's economy by Bill Clinton.

How do you give Rudy credit for a drop in New York when it is apparent that crime fell nationwide and every expert attributed this to the gung-ho economy of the Clinton era?

Fighting them over there?

What happened to the weapons of mass destruction? The claim that Saddam engineered 9-11?

Is this now the newest excuse for the Neo-Cons to invade an innocent people and kill 100,000 of them in the attack and cause another 100,000 to be killed in the ensuing mayhem?

How come every think tank says the Iraq War has increased terrorism and just like Lamont has predicted on news forums all over the Internet?

Because every research paper on this subject said Bush's invasion has galvanized normally meek and placid people and engendered so much hatred for the U.S. in them, they have become terrorists themselves.

Not one of them is a member of al Qaeda.

The people who bombed the trains in Spain, Britain and the people who've set off bombs in Indonesia and Thailand have now become sympathizers.

The people who are plotting agains the U.S. here at home are not members of al Qaeda either.

They're just ordinary people who are so peeved they've decided to do something about it.

And yes, I did predict that.

It was not hard to do.
  9. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

so we can get fucked overhere.

From http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=4262224

June 12 - Murders, robberies and aggravated assaults in the United States increased last year, spurring an overall rise in violent crime for the first time since 2001, according to FBI data.
    Murders rose 4.8 percent, meaning there were more than 16,900 victims in 2005. That would be the most since 1998 and the largest percentage increase in 15 years.

[SNIP]

"We see that budgets for policing are being slashed and the federal government has gotten out of that business," said James Alan Fox, a criminal justice professor at Northeastern University in Boston. "Funding for prevention at the federal level and many localities are down and the (National Rifle Association) has renewed strength."

Still, Fox said, "We're still far better off than we were during the double-digit crime inflation we saw in the 1970s."

[SNIP]

The good news is that large cities like NYC saw a drop in violent crimes. The cost of the needless Iraq war so far is 320B, that buys a shit load of cops.