Fire Torre!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Heartbreaker, May 24, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Lascivious

Lascivious

Torre's going to grandfather the Yanks to another divisional round ouster next year. A change was necessary. This was a repeat of last year. Pinella would have shoved a bat down Arod's throat after another pathetic post season performance.
  2. DickTheLawyer

DickTheLawyer

This is the best analysis of the post season I have read anywhere.
  3. Best1

Best1

Are you still whining? Your team was a disgrace and quit like a bunch of dirty dogs. You have no business insulting ANY other team. You're pathetic.
  4. SPORTBOOK

SPORTBOOK

not the team, not the time, not your year, the mets, that should be the new slogan for the mets, to all the asshole met fans who have been thinking their team is the shit, hahahahahahahahaha, it was a good game though, just glad to see them make their exit
  5. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

Lo Duca has balls, as does Martinz, as does Hernandez, as does Delgado... In my comparison I was refering to there LOVE of the game, and the fun they seem to be having... not a bunch of dickhead millionaires, but a bunch of guys who actually enjoy going out there and ripping up the field, and the ball...
  6. DickTheLawyer

DickTheLawyer

I was 35 way back then, went to all the home NLCS and home World Series games. Only had to play catcher three times at the Anvil to get those tix. I agree that the 86 and this year's teams are not the same. Not only was the pitching younger and better in 86, but there were several guys with real balls on the 86 team, starting with Carter and Hernandez. And who can ever forget the guts Kevin Mitchell showed in his at bat in Game 6. This year's team doesn't yet have any one of that kind of character, with maybe the exception of the manager. But the 06 Mets are alot of fun and have a much brighter future, IMHO, than the gloomie gussies in the Bronx.
  7. Ozzy

Ozzy

With the exception of Carter and Hernandez that was a much MUCH younger team..... especially the pitching. I think Jessie was the oldest and he wasn't even 30. Three starters... Sid, Doc and Darling were all below 25.
  8. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

I was 22 in 1986, si I was BBIIIGGG into the Games back then, I went to all the Home Games against the Astros, and went to One World series game,,, I would have sucked cock on the street to get tickets , well maybe not suck cock, but I would have let an old guy give me a HJ...LOL... That team and this are very similar, if our pitching was intact, we would be rolling into the series right now, not having to win 2 at home...
  9. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

This of course everyone agrees with. More proof that just acquiring talent does not lead to winning seasons let alone championships. One of the most infantile teams of all times and with the wrong man for manager to boot at least for this team.
  10. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

Not my job and not worth my effort. Yeah yeah I know proof that I can't. Whatever. Definitely not worth my time but they're there and we both know it and that's good enuf for me.
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy

The Mets tried to buy a team years ago. I thought the Bonilla/Coleman/Saberhagen years were one of baseballs first mega million dollar payrolls as well as one of it's biggest fiascos.
  12. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

A Caddy I can understand... but a Cl LOLOL... like I said, whatever it takes to win, we are " Buying " a team as well, and should have done it years ago, we do have the two home grown monsters on the left side of the infield, and got them dirt cheap, but we have definitely paid for our position...
  13. Ozzy

Ozzy

Only at posts I've made pertaining to the Mets.

Really.... where?
  14. Ozzy

Ozzy

I've called Yankee fans every spoiled name in the book... But that doesn't change the fact the fans of a team that is mostly known for it losing ways keep saying their team is better than the team that is not only a perennial winner, but one with the most glorious history in pro sports.

btw.... If you haven't looked lately.... the Mets are now not much different than those Yankees now. Delgado, Beltran, Glavine, Pedro, Wagner and now Green as a late season (all star caliber) pick up. Looks an awful lot like the Yankee's attempt at cornering the market on great players. One gets a CL 600 the other gets a new Caddy and both are jealous of what they don't have. In two years if the Mets manage to re-sign most of their young talent like Reyes and Wright and keep some of those stars I listed their payroll will be right where the Yankees are.
  15. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

Yeah I agree look at the threads my non objective posts have been directed at you not at any definitive statement about Mets v. Yanks.

And you've gotten much more than one wrong.

I have no "friends" here.
  16. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

Oz a lot of the Mets fans are VERY objective, I for one have been screaming for them to spend more money on the team, ala the Yankees... I have NO problem with someone going out and buying the best... but it really KILLS me, when you get all these yankee fans expecting to get EVERY player who is heading to the hall of fame... they are like a big fat fuckin SPOILED LITLE RICH KID...Daddy goes out and buys them a CL 600 for there birthday, and they start CRYING that they didnt get the Maybach... talk about retards...
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

So I got a fact wrong out of how many I've posted in this forum.

What happened 50 or more years ago when there were TWO national league teams has nothing to do with the last 40 when there has been only ONE. NY is not an american or national league city... with the change in coverage and media that doesn't exist anymore..... But if anyone owns NY it is the Yankees as well the Knicks, Rangers and Giants.... always was, always will be. The fact so many more during equally successful or lean years make the trek up to the south bronx more so than to a much more visitor friendly Flushing Queens is a FACT more so than the US Steel comment.... The fact all those NY teams have long been the hardest ticket to get and often are sold out way in advance (as opposed to the Islanders, Jets and Nets) is not a coincidence..... THOSE TEAMS OWN NY....spin or no spin. Thats a fact.

I never said caps v. attendance was your post.. I said it was one of your "friends" (best1).. and probably in another thread about this same topic (who own NY) since he started it in five different theads (two of wich I deleted).

And don't blow your horn too loudly.... You're not objective when it comes to the Mets.... just look at these threads and all the disagreements we've had when we haven't with other sports topics...... Same with the rest of the Met fans which I've said before is the reason for my hatred of them. They're more knowledgeable than Yankee fans but not even remotely objective when it comes to their Mets.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  18. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

When you can't spin the errors, now you try misdirection. Ozzy the Magician.

My concern with you is not your opinions - I couldn't possibly care less - it is immaterial to me what you think and it is immaterial to my point that it was a difference of 16 or 17 playoff appearances between the two.

A child could have divined that from my post.

My concern is simply your spouting everything you say as God's own truth and your egotistical pronouncements of your infallibility and all-knowing knowledge and you can't get your facts right.

And you are the one who stated unequivocally and in big bold letters that the Mets had never been in the playoffs twice in a row when that is simple recent history and you can't get that right.

My point here is not debating whose town it is - I've already chimed in either in this thread or elsewhere that I believe it runs in cycles of varying lengths.
    A great baseball legacy doesn't make it an American League town. When the Giants and Dodgers were here, you could find millions of people who thought differently (at least according to my parents and other relatives and acquaintances). You do remember the expression that rooting for the Yankees was like rooting for US Steel. Many people couldn't handle that.

I don't know what you're talking about selling caps v. attendance. Doesn't souind like a post of mine.

I think if you read all my posts, I am one of the most objective fans at least on this board.
  19. Ozzy

Ozzy

Oh... And I don't hate the Mets.... actually part of me (that old Met fan) wants them to win.

It's the Met fans I hate.
  20. Ozzy

Ozzy

Oooops! I forgot one.

Skelly... you just proved me right that you and the rest are retard Met fans. Grasp anything you can but your still 16 playoff appearances shy from the Yankees. The Met never have and never will own the city of NY. It's not the Mets fault... their up against sports greatest legacy. I also wasn't the one who said playoff appearences determine this... one of your retard friends said it once the Yanks lost and Mets won.

The Giants, Knicks and Rangers all own NY... always did, always will. You can't change history nor the legacy of those clubs.

You want to look at a retard like yourself... look at the post that says lets count baseball caps over attendance figures to to determine who owns NYC. And btw...... The Yankees are baseballs top selling (marketed) team from a souvenir and/or apparel standpoint for something like 20 years in a row. Actually the Yankees are perennially the #1 team in all of professional sports with perhaps an occasional team briefly over taking that top spot from time to time... although I think NASCAR has eclipsed the Yankees in recent years (if you count that as a sports franchise).

This is really a dumb topic but I didn't start it... a retarded Met fan did. The Yankees are the most popular and probably most hated franchise in the world. But loved or hated they own the city of NY... always did, always will. Saying the Mets own it cause they win occasionally when they Yanks don't would by like calling NY a republican stronghold simply because the Mayor and gov happen to be republicans the last few years.

btw... this is probably the first time I can recall that donquixote has ever agreed with me. Not the best choice to call an Ozzy mouth piece.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2006