Flashback to the 2004 campaign

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by justbill_redux, Feb 7, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. lamont5123

lamont5123

Oddfellow,

Well, that remains to be seen. A lot of Americans don't really trust Bush right now.

But the Dems do have to get a message.

JustBill is just tweaking your nose, Odd.
  2. oddfellow4870

oddfellow4870

The American people don't know what the Democrat's spiel is. Just Bill posts as many anti-Bush factoids and illusions as he can. I don't know if he's a democrat, but his approach is typical. They will continue to lose running against Bush when Bush is not running again and more importantly, running against national security, which seems to be their main message.

So do you think what the Dems are FOR will resonate with the American people? When will we hear about it?
  3. fumpton

fumpton

when navy submarines were tapping into russian undersea cables during the cold war, was that considered an LE tool. Or when the CIA was tapping into the East German communications under the Berlin Wall, was that also an LE tool.

for the record, I support the gov't using all the tools at its disposal to stop terrorist attacks, including wiretaps. I just don't believe they should have a blank check to wiretap anyone at will.
  4. lamont5123

lamont5123

JustBill,

The GOP is simply smarter and more adept at getting their message across.

Its spiel resonates with more Americans.

I think the problems most Democrats, including myself, have, is that we didn't take George W. and his crowd seriously. We made the fatal mistake of thinking they were dumb simply because many of their ordinary supporters and media pundits tend to be self-righteous, arrogant and insulting at times.

But we forgot to look at the guys behind all that.

Karl Rove and Co. have been just brilliant, on the par of what Michael Deaver accomplished for Ronald Reagan.

It also didn't help that John Kerry was no Bill Clinton when it came to campaigning and Kerry's wife proved more of a detraction.

We can say all we want about Bush. But the guy is no dummy.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  5. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

Anybody remember Kerry saying

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry said yesterday that he will treat the war on terror "primarily" as law-enforcement action even as he pledged to remain committed to Iraq and to personally plead for international help in policing and rebuilding that nation.

Source http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040418-113744-5087r.htm

And how the Republicans reacted

[SNIP]

Republican Party Chairman Ed Gillespie, on CBS' "Face the Nation," used similar language.

"Terrorism is not a law enforcement matter, as John Kerry repeatedly says. Terrorist activities are not like gambling. Terrorist activities are not like prostitution. And this demonstrates a disconcerting pre-September 11 mindset that will not make our country safer. And that is what we see relative to winning the war on terror and relative to Iraq."

The Bush-Cheney campaign also announced it was releasing an ad highlighting Kerry's comment.

Source http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/10/bush.kerry.terror/

Fast forward a year and we see that Bushco has been using wiretaps, a classic LE tool, all along as an essential weapon in the war on terror. PLUS how come in the run-up to the election we had national “Terror alerts” like every week for 3 months yet only one after the election, even after the release of the recent Bin Laden video saying he was planning another attack.

That’s some funny shit in a fucked up way