Flushing KTVs / Hostess Bars

Discussion in 'North East' started by mrtaiwan, Jun 28, 2010.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Yangguizi

Yangguizi

I'd be down. I'm white, speak a little Chinese
  2. lukin4luv

lukin4luv

hi guys, pls count me in on this, send me a pm.
  3. lamps

lamps Guest

sound good.. let me know when
  4. paperpusher

paperpusher

Count me in if I can find a way that my wife does not go nuts over a night out with the boys. LOL
  5. mrtaiwan

mrtaiwan

Sorry I never made this happen. But I was there last weekend and had a good time. Let me know if anyone still wants to make a group trip.

Question for the board: the owner said she wanted to hire a security guard. What is the collective wisdom of the board about who and what this person should be? FYI most of the patrons are Korean men.
    cbogusemail likes this.
  6. mrtaiwan

mrtaiwan

Toward the end of August, one Saturday at the 159th St place, maybe Aug 20 or 27. They are open every day.

Stay tuned.
  7. loosenutz

loosenutz

WTF....

LMAO

UG is going to stop a few people from meeting up?

Funny.....
  8. tezzo243

tezzo243

oops...my bad!

OK...sorry...disregard that then :)
  9. JIMYDR

JIMYDR

UG does not allow meetings.
  10. tezzo243

tezzo243

Hey everyone...hope all of you are doing well...

So, as I've mentioned in a previous post, I've been living back in flushing again after some time away. I appreciate the advice I was given in this thread about KTV/ hostess bars. Had a very good night when my friends visited a while ago, and back in June I hit a few other bars as well.

Now, I know these places seem like a waste of time and money for a lot of people, but going on occasion is fun in my opinion. Back in June I hit a place on farrington street right off northern, as well as one on northern (east of utopia pkwy) and another on 162 street. Earlier in April/May, I hit both places mrtaiwan mentioned, which were cool as well. More often than not, after some understandable tension (often ive been accompanied by non-asian friends)and an "ice-breaking" period, I've met girls who were really very cool. Even though there's varying degrees of a language barrier, and the whole idea is that they're paid to be nice to customers, there have been some genuinely fun nights (although one place wouldn't let 2 guys in, but that's another story...)

Some friends have absolutely loved certain places, some were just happy to be away from their wives for a night, and others absolutely thought it was a rip-off.

Have any of you guys from the board here met up and went out to a bar? I don't know if that's done here, but the reason I ask is I'm looking to check a few places out that I haven't been to. I'd be open to the idea, and even though I've gone to a couple of bars alone and still had a good time, it's usually better with a couple of other people.

Would there be any interest in that kind of thing here?
  11. ozmo

ozmo

next time just try to be more assertive and squeeze an address out of the guy :]
  12. tezzo243

tezzo243

This past Friday I checked out both places mentioned by mrtaiwan, and either of them would be fine for that night out I'm planning. I really thought it would be more difficult to find something due to the language barrier, but thanks to mrtaiwan there's a couple of options already.

I met a buddy of mine at the one closer to main street, that was was somewhat crowded. The other was less crowded, but still a very good place.

Now, initially there was some tension, partly I think because I showed up by myself and I don't know if that's too common (my exceedingly late friend was late even by his standards). There was a little back-and-forth, and my not speaking the language didn't help, but it all worked out after I made it clear I'd respect whatever rules there were.

Slowly, the proverbial ice broke, and before long everyone was having a good time. Even a couple of other customers warmed up a little, which brings me to my next point...

This one guy, in very broken English, and very much drunk, was suggesting another bar/KTV near the downtown area. From northern blvd, he just kept pointing west toward the northern blvd bridge. What I got was that there were supposedly very beautiful woman there. Now, this could be any number of places I guess, and what I'm providing is an essentially useleless detail, but if I get a chance I'll check out around there and see what I come up with.

In the end, all the girls were very nice, so I bought enough alcohol and tipped well, and got home damn late, but happy enough.
  13. mrtaiwan

mrtaiwan

You're welcome.

What you describe above is fine and welcomed. I like the place on 159th best and once helped the owner with some computer issues at her apartment. If you go you can mention the referral to the owner. At the other place on Northern at Union, there was one of the most stunning girls I've ever seen in my life, but of course she could be long gone.
  14. tezzo243

tezzo243

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Last weekend, I was out in bayside, and on the way home I stopped in a place on 162nd street between Sanford and northern. East side of the street. It was kind of late, and the place was kind of empty. I got off the LIRR stop right at northern there (I was drinking and didn't want to drive that night). There were a couple of older woman in there, and I couldn't get a decent feel for the place. Not even sure if it was a hostess bar because it was so empty.

Now, this is most likely my fault because I was a little on the drunk side (not too bad, and Im a pretty low-key guy), and it was late, so they might have been near closing- although I don't know that for sure. I also don't speak the language.

I'm going to give one of your suggestions a shot this weekend, and I'll let u guys know...I have about 5 weeks before everyone comes up, so I want to make sure we are not searching that night, but have it worked out before.

I'm gonna stop in by myself and try to sit at the bar (if possible) and check those places out. Hopefully I can do this without offending anyone. I'll spend what I have to to hang out for a while, and tip well, but I don't know if that's cool with these establishments. I never went in alone before last weekend.

Again, thanks for your response. I appreciate it...

T
  15. mrtaiwan

mrtaiwan

Korean and Chinese spoken here:

On Northern, east of the SE corner of Northern & Union. Pink sign. Walking distance.

On 159th St. north of the NE corner @ Northern. They can arrange car service to return home.
  16. tezzo243

tezzo243

Hey guys, maybe someone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

I just moved back to flushing after about 7 years away. I have a group of 5 guys visiting. One guy is getting married for the second time, so we're not looking for a whole bachelor party vibe, but I remember there used to be several bars/KTVs where they would send girls into the rooms with you.

I walked around last Friday for a while, and stopped in Zebra Lounge, which was cool, a very nice place, but it wasn't that kind of place (I did hang out at the bar and have some good food and beer). On main street/prince street, I didn't go in places. It's changed a lot in 7+ years.

Anyone have any recommendations for a KTV or bar where they'll send girls over to the table/room? we're not looking for anything "extra", and everyone is pretty respectful. Two guys are Asian, one speaks extremely poor Korean, and the other speaks Chinese well, but may not make it until the following day. So language could possibly be an issue.

Most of the guys are staying in that hotel on northern near farrington street, so a place in flushing would be ideal, but we could go east on northern if necessary. I just don't want to involve too many cabs. Going east to about 162nd street would be the limit.

This seems to be the consensus on what everyone wants to do; have a little fun, but not get the married guys into any hot water. Have a few drinks and relax.

Any place I could possibly check out myself first? Back in the day, I never went without a group. Also, what are prices like these days? I remember it wasn't cheap, we always bought a bottle, but I only went twice and don't remember exact details (drinking will do that)...

Thanks...
  17. mrtaiwan

mrtaiwan

It's not much more complicated than that. If she says no, and you want to show her that you really are powerful, just ask her if she has a friend. I can't tell you how well that's worked over the years.
  18. paperpusher

paperpusher

I am sorry, but I do not agree. It is so simple. I was a legit massage place yesterday with the intention of getting in to her pants (not successful). She was a legit massage person only new to the business. She was not interested in any sensual part, but my routine worked and she made it very very clear that she was open to dating. just met her ony half an hour ago. I was 19 years (maybe less since they all lie) her senior.

I only used that as an exmaple because that was yesterday. I have many such encounters in business. I have met woman in supermarkets, restaurants etc. They have low expectations of gweilo men to be subtle and they do arouse their curiousities is a certain % of them. Confidence and sense of humor is key as in all women. Ask them out but in a way that you do not expect them to say no. If I met a woman out in restaurant, I would have them meet me at one of the underground restaurant malls, and tell her that I would like her to teach me about what I am eating. It sounds innocent enough and may be fun.

Now you being asian, well this just isnt going to work. But you have other things going for you like comfort level and language. My Chinese friends have often complained that it is hard to meet chinese women that are decent looking. They are either going for the more successful guys, gangster types or gweilos.

And I married one, so I must have pulled this off at least once. LOL
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  19. lamps

lamps Guest

The Intention is the key.. if you are asking for what kind of food they are eating, it is totally understandable.. but if u ask their numbers or try to be their friends with these simply pick up line won't really work unless the girls are open minded or quite innocent without sense of protection...

it may trigger something in their mind that it is kind of strange that why would a stranger want to be a friend like that, and they know what is ur attention basically... even if you are asian...and it applies to any other culture or races...
  20. lamps

lamps Guest

Haha.. I think the groom part is a daily usual thing to dress up themselves before you go to work..