For Justbill

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by curious, Feb 27, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. fumpton

fumpton

driving convoys, Civil Affairs, MP duties, unloading the supply ships, to name a few.
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy

I hate to break this to you but the Guards troops are not driving our state of the art tanks thru any streets, dropping bombs from B-1's, on the ground painting laser targets on enemy positions nor are they the ones with M-16's in full body armor charging into some terrorist hideout. That all takes years of training. Same for the reserves for the most part. The "dirty work" is all left up to the full time servicemen (spec ops, marines etc...) who have that extraordenary experience and ability. The days of WWII, Korea and Vietnam when 18 yr old non combat experienced boys were thrown into the jungles to fend for themselves, for the most part* doesn't exist today.

*... I'm not saying there isn't a single one in the reserves with that type of experience cause there are many who served in Vietnam even, who have been recalled 'because' they have that rare talent and experience.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  3. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

So what support positions do you think the Guard and Reserve takes in Iraq.
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy

Whats so assine about my statement... especially when your stats about only 25% of the KIA being support personel back up what I said. I didn't say all the KIA's were Marines or special forces... just that most of those who were actually involved in combat and daily searches of hostile areas were at a higher risk and thus the majority of those being killed... 75-15 sounds like most or a majority to by my math.... it's also common sense, but you don't have any. That doesn't take anything away from the support personel who were KIA. But lets be honest... "support" personel are less likely to be "lifers" or long term military personel. They're obviously more likely to be disgrunteled employees than those who have dedicated their lives to the military and not a few weekends a month.

You're starting to act like Lamont now. And you're calling me stupid?
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  5. justbill_redux

Letter from a weekend wussy

From http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=125&article=35202

In the ‘wussy’ category

I thought “On Iraq, hold your ground and give parades a rest” (Opinion, Joel Stein, Jan. 27) was great. It took a lot of guts to write an opinion that would be seen as unpatriotic.

I fall under the “wussy” category. I even took it one step further than bumper stickers and bracelets and enlisted in the Army Reserve.

I agree that blaming the president is an easy cop-out. While it’s scary that such an idiot can lead the most powerful nation in the world, it’s even scarier that the American people continue to follow a person who has misled us time and time again.

We have been duped into believing that if we wave a flag and show support for our troops, we are patriotic. We are told that now is not the time to question the government, since doing so may break the fragile morale of America’s fighting force. I do not agree. How can we expect to make a change if we aren’t willing to ask hard questions?

With tough questions come tough answers, which is one thing I found missing from the column. I didn’t see any suggestions for change. We’ve hit a point where no matter where you stand on the issue, there is no clear-cut solution to get out of Iraq.

I also agree with knowingly being a tool for the American agenda. Unfortunately, recruiters target young, impressionable, adventure-seeking teenagers for a reason. You don’t see too many recruiting posters saying “Go to the desert, kill people and fight for a cowboy.”

For now, I’ll have to stay a wussy. Even worse, I don’t have any solutions to offer either, although I hope Stein’s piece can show people it’s OK and important to question everything.

Spc. Michael Sanders
    Al Taji, Iraq
  6. justbill_redux

Sometime life sucks doesn't it. Maybe you should have the "office MCSE techie" research that for you. I hear they're good at that "techie jargon" shit.
  7. justbill_redux

So let me see if I have this right. Because you think these guys are “weekend warriors" and not regular enlisted personnel, and you know not doing any actual fighting they would be more prone to complain and skew the results. Hmmmm have to wonder what the roughly 1 quater of all KIA in Iraq who happen to be not fighting "weekend warriors" think about that assine statement

From http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,79342,00.html?ESRC=eb.nl
    Quarter of Dead are National Guard Troops
    Associated Press | October 26, 2005

Since the March 2003 invasion, at least 497 National Guard or Reserve troops have died in Iraq, nearly 1 in 4 U.S. casualties. These are not professional soldiers. These are the people who sell us insurance, drive our trucks, fix our cars.

Check http://web1.whs.osd.mil/mmid/casualty/gwot_component.pdf for a complete rundown on these wussie motherfuckers.

You dishonor every American military personnel serving the country by sporting off bullshit like that.
  8. Ozzy

Ozzy

Thats poll if accurate is a result of having a part time "weekend warrior" army as this country does. I'd bet anything most of those wanting to go home are not marines or special forces who are actually doing the fighting, searching and dying, but rather all those who signed up for the free education and pension thinking they only had to report one weekend every other month to flip pancakes on an army base in their home state and never read the fine print that defined what the term "reserves" meant in the case of war.
  9. Ozzy

Ozzy

Actually I'm busy running two businesses 1500 miles apart and don't have the time to search the internet all day on a bosses dime as you do. That should answer your a, b and c.
  10. Ozzy

Ozzy

Well that's a lie on Alberts part... He knew exactly what the manhattan project was all about and why the govt was so interested in his theories and funding his experiments.
  11. Ozzy

Ozzy

12. justbill_redux

The actual ratio is 1.503 - 1 , 409 democrats vs 272 retughlicians as opposed to 337 independents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_bush_022706.pdf

page 18
  13. justbill_redux

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

Released: February 28, 2006

U.S. Troops in Iraq: 72% Say End War in 2006

* Le Moyne College/Zogby Poll shows just one in five troops want to heed Bush call to stay “as long as they are needed”
    * While 58% say mission is clear, 42% say U.S. role is hazy
    * Plurality believes Iraqi insurgents are mostly homegrown
    * Almost 90% think war is retaliation for Saddam’s role in 9/11, most don’t blame Iraqi public for insurgent attacks
    * Majority of troops oppose use of harsh prisoner interrogation
    * Plurality of troops pleased with their armor and equipment
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  14. justbill_redux

I could but I wont. Is it you're just
    a. Too lazy
    b. Too stupid or
    c. both.

Thats irony for you.

Also see http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showpost.php?p=539248&postcount=100
  15. justbill_redux

Not mine, that was don qs

I expect nothing less from a chickenhawk who couldn't even serve his full time with TANG during the Vietnam war or the numerous chickenhawks who serve in his administration.
  16. justbill_redux

Thanks for posting this, hopefully this will push some of the people sitting on the fence re their love/hate of the Dear Leader and lack of leadership to the proud people who currently serve. Oh yeah Fuck Bush because hes fucking the country.
  17. JaxHammer

JaxHammer

"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith."
    -- Albert Einstein
  18. Ozzy

Ozzy

And that would be thanks in part to..... Albert Einstein.
  19. JaxHammer

JaxHammer

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein
  20. JaxHammer

JaxHammer

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despiceable and ignoreable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

Well anyone know who said this?

Yep, it's -- Albert Einstein