G2G or not to G2G..............

Discussion in 'New York' started by JohnJ, Jul 19, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Jenni Rose was introduced previously!

On UG but decided to go into Burlesque- by the way these were Dawns words not mine, maybe she will make a comeback who knows!
  2. GILTTE

GILTTE

Jenny Rose / Jelly Bean

OK... I know who Jelly Bean is.... But when did Dawn introduce Jenny?
  3. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Re: i agree

Dawn could this introduction of Jennie Rose and Jelly Bean lead to something more- Wink!!
  4. Hotpuppy

Hotpuppy Mr.Butterworth

"(a blended Scotish whiskey - is that the right terminology? "

Wow, this is deja vu all over again( apologies to Yogi)!
    HP
  5. wsb

wsb

Funny, I've actually noticed that Teachers seems to be the whisky of choice among the cheaper Scots (that's sort of an oxymoron) in Scotland. I seem to recall that you can purchase an enormous jug of the stuff for a rather modest price.

Regards,

WSB
  6. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

I even occasionally drink blended whisky.

After leaving work (late and stressed) last nite I met afew friends at one of their places for an evening of cards. The host could tell I was still a little strung out and offered me some whiskey. I accepted and was presented with a very iced glass of Teachers (a blended Scotish whiskey - is that the right terminology? - that is sub par even by blended standards). My best friend, who's known me since I was 14, nearly choked when he saw me not only accept the drink with full knowledge of what it was, but actually imbibe the spirit with gusto, "I thought you never drank blended."
  7. wsb

wsb

Very good Ozzy. There may be hope for you yet. It is indeed the thought that counts. Hey, I'm down with my blue collar bretheren. I even occasionally drink blended whisky.

--WSB

[Edited by wsb on 07-20-2001 at 03:08 AM]
  8. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

Well, I meant for next time. I'm babysitting tonight anyway.
  9. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

hey, Mr. W......

Don't look now, but it's going on as you read this.....
  10. mr. wonderful

mr. wonderful

Hey, if you guys are planning something in Manhattan in the near future, I would like to attend. Ozzy can vouch for me, and I'll try not to embarass anyone, including myself. Always enjoy meeting fellow hobbyists.

Oz, put me on the guest list would you?

MW

[Edited by mr. wonderful on 07-19-2001 at 08:36 PM]
  11. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

well, then........

he/she who leaks it, gets omitted from future invites...
  12. Assman

Assman

Secret G2G

As long as two people know the location, it is not a secret. Unfortunately, there will always be someone who will tell the location and who will take pleasure in spoiling other peoples good times. :rolleyes:
  13. LIDAWN

LIDAWN

i agree

with the little fish fry guy wink..
    I would come to the party as long as i felt safe and sound.. also would bring a couple of friends.. miss jennie rose and jelly bean with me.. to introduce them to you guys..
    My dawns room email is down for a couple of days more please forgive me sorry..
    hugzz dawn
  14. Ozzy

Ozzy

well unfortunately for him it would have to be ripple.

i don't think they carry his brand in this place.

but it is the thought that counts.;)
  15. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

if i ran into wsb for example...i'd probably offer him a drink

Heh - I couldn't afford to offer him a drink.
  16. blackbag99

blackbag99

security for g2g

I can not speak to the issue at hand as I have not been posting long nor even been a lurker.

I just wanted to say that there should be some mimimum security/ invite proceedure.

Even though that may preclude me from coming to these events, untill such time as you all get to know me a little better.

BB99
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

ff,

that guy though he's been the subject of a whole thread isn't what concerns me....it's the people who cause trouble to someone (like GC did to EZ) then you have to deal with the likelyhood of them running into each other.

i mean if i ran into wsb for example...i'd probably offer him a drink. not everyone is like me however.
  18. fishfry

fishfry

Just my two cents, but I think the weirdo at the LI meeting was a fluke occurence that nobody could have foreseen. I think security and the way g2g's are handled is perfect the way it is. You can't foresee every eventuality. This jerkoff at the bar on LI saw a group of men hanging out with several well dressed sexy and beautiful women, and he decided he had the right to goo everyone with his bad energy. There ain't nothing anybody can do about people like that.

He wasn't interested in outing anyone, he just thought he might get lucky.

fish
  19. Ozzy

Ozzy

JJ...

there was actually better security measures and a lot smaller guest list at the LI G2G than either of the previous NYC G2G's....

thats why the problem.

as for asking someome who's afraid to see someone to stay home....

you'd be excluding some very fine ladies if that happened.

perhaps i'll write out the guest list to the next party and hopefully i can convince some vip's* to show up.

*sorry, not those two candide.

[Edited by Ozzy on 07-19-2001 at 04:22 PM]
  20. robnotbob

robnotbob

JohnJ

I'll buy YOU a drink this time :)