Get better soon Slinky

Discussion in 'The Health and Well Being of UG' started by UG Staff, Jan 6, 2016.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

That wouldn't hurt.
  2. LISteve

LISteve

That sucks Slinky. I have been battling back issues for close to 20 years. When I get heavier than usual and stop exercising the pain and spasms get worse. The doctors have not helped but I got fed up and finally pushed my way through to getting an MRI to find out what was really wrong. Turns out I have a couple of bulging disks. Doc says ... keep doing what I am doing to alleviate the pain. That means losing weight and ..... hot yoga. I have dropped about 20 pounds and have been going to hot yoga 5 days a week. I highly recommend it. It will be VERY difficult at first but after a couple of weeks I would be shocked if you didn't feel better. Good luck slinky. Plus .... I highly recommend Tizanidine as a muscle relaxer (don't drive after taking it) and Meloxicam as an anti-inflammatory.
  3. out of control

out of control

Dude you need to get a consult with a good malpractice attorney. let me know if you need a recommendation.
  4. Slinky Bender

Basically I think the surgeon screwed up. I've been to a number of other doctors since and can easily read it on their faces when they look at the MRI, but no one wants to get involved and get blamed for the screw-up. Pretty sure it's a case of administration over medicine.
  5. vad1

vad1

Jeez, Slinky, so sorry to hear that.

What happened? Any other options offered?

V
  6. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

Sorry to hear. You're absence was noticed, but I was hoping it was just a nice long vacation. Good luck.
  7. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

So sorry to hear that. If only I had some encouraging words to say that would make things better, but I'm sure I don't. Regardless, you have my best wishes.
    Slinky Bender likes this.
  8. Slinky Bender

Sorry to say things have only continued to get worse.
  9. Mr. Joyboy

Mr. Joyboy

Slinky, I know it's been about a year now since you had your surgery. I was just wondering how you were feeling and if the surgery seems to have helped your condition. I certainly hope it did!
  10. joeyboy

joeyboy

Feeling ok?
  11. clubber

clubber

Hey, long time, Slinky. Really sorry to hear about those difficulties. I just want to wish you the best, a speedy recovery and a return to the Glory Days of the past! Feel better!
  12. backseat

backseat

This getting old shit really sucks.:(
  13. Slinky Bender

No idea. I'm just having to go exploring this stuff myself. For my thing I specifically asked and was told no alternative to surgery.
  14. joeyboy

joeyboy

Slinky,having back and spine pain myself herniated and degenerative discs in my back. Neurologist wants me to go to pain management.any idea if this works? plus dealing with Restless leg syndrome which i gather is a result of the pain (and borderline diabetic)\
  15. Mongercode

Mongercode

Damn that's some personal ish to be asking lol man we are getting a little too close for comfort on here haha.
  16. out of control

out of control

Tracy Morgan was recently on Howard Stern. One of the first things Howard asked him was when did he first jerk off after his accident. So Slinky I pose the same question to you. After you woke up from surgery how long till you rubbed one out?
  17. pokler

pokler Power Bottom

Maybe he's a switch hitter
  18. vad1

vad1

Ummm

Right hand?

V
  19. al900

al900

Slinky:

I hope that you'll improve over time.
  20. pokler

pokler Power Bottom

Well I just hope your main appendage is not impaired ....