Go Vikings!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by SexyJen, Jan 8, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. One Eyed Trouser Trout

One Eyed Trouser Trout #1 Cowboys Fan

I agree JM.

The shadows cast over the Ravens is kinda like the bad boy Oklahoma Sooner teams under Switzer....or the Running Rebels of UNLV basketball under Tarkanian...or the Cowboyz of not so recent past.

Tough to warm up to a rattlesnake
  2. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

Does that explain the fact that the Ravens' bus slammed into a police car on the way out of Baltimore? The Orioles are probably upset that they traded Armando, now that he has abused his wife. The city could have rightly laid claim to an all criminal team. The Ravens are not easy to support.
  3. One Eyed Trouser Trout

THIS JUST IN from Tampa

The Baltimore Ravens have struck a deal with the Atty General of North Carolina.

Ray Caruth's sentence will begin Monday, and he's heading to Tampa to play with Ray Lewis and the boyz on Sunday.

Coach Billick was quoted as saying "' We're striving for balance on both sides of the ball to insure a SuperBowl Win for the city of Baltimore. To that end, we have secured the temporary services of Ray Caruth as a wide receiver for the game. In order to win the game, we need a killer instinct on the offensive side of the ball"'
  4. littleguy

littleguy Gold

Of course you guys realize the game will probably end of 34-24 or something ridiculous like that.

Ozzy, doesn't the early money on a big game usually come in on the favorite.

BTW, the Ginats played both playoff games the way they felt they had to and did it perfectly both times. As for Collins, he didn't have anything to do with the 2 fumbles that stopped 2 Giant drives deep in Eagles territory. Despite no offensive touchdowns, the way the Gianst controlled the Eagles' ONLY offensive weapon, I as a long suffering, and incredibly nervous Giants' fan was NEVER uncomfortable that whole game. The Eagles never scared me even once.

Minnesota, OTOH, I wasn't really comfortable even when the Giants were up 24-0 because there was still so much time left. Ol' Mo is a fickle guy. Knowing how the "old" Giants could blow almost ANY lead, never actually felt safe until 31-0. But again, the Giants played the game they had to, unleashing Kerry and the passing game with devastating ease. Granted the Vikings' "D" eats it, but you still need to make the plays and hit those receivers. Jets proved the Ravens can be thrown on with success, but his mistakes cost the Jets the game. As usual, turnovers the key.

Like the Jints and the under.
  5. TuckernotSucker

TuckernotSucker

JM I agree

I agree with Mr. Curry in his references to Hally at Kamasutra. A truly delightful experience. I plan to revisit in the near future.
  6. One Eyed Trouser Trout

That's why I suggest to Fassel to forget about Kiki and his broken wing...get another blocking back to protect Collins, forget about the flats, and use the 10-15 yard sideline pass to the WR or TE, and use the backs to inch up thru the middle for the safety valve. If there is no other back to help Dayne...use a tight end in the backfield. That should screw up the Raven's thinking. Don't forget the tackle eligible play. I don't see screen passes working well...the Ravens are fast and pursue too well. A traditional game plan could result in a Raven's win

First thing the Giants must do is stretch the defense, forcing the linebackers to drop into coverages. Once it seems that they're playing the pass, you can possibly open up some play action passes to freeze the backers.

It is NOT going to be an easy day for either team. No 40 point blow outs.

Kicking game and special teams wins the SuperBowl. And, it could be a baseball score. Whoever wins time of possession wins the game.
  7. Carl M

Carl M Hanging by a thread

Fellows- the Giants have been transformed into AIR FASSEL, this is the way they are going win this thing!!
  8. pswope

pswope One out of three

OETT
    excellent point,re Collins. He's a rhythm qb and if flustered,he becomes ineffective. Ravens will probably try to blitz early to shake him up.
  9. robnotbob

robnotbob

I think it was Eugene Robinson of the Falcons.
  10. One Eyed Trouser Trout

Of particular interest will be whether Collins is capable of taking last week's confidence into this game and connect with those enroute.

He's shown, at least against a good defense (i.e., Eagles) that he can fluster as well. Against the Ravens, unlike the Eagles, the Giant running game will be contained which shifts the emphasis on Collins to step up, deliver on timing routes, and take a few sacks to avoid ill-advised throws into coverage. If the Giants can show a modicom of success with a ball control passing game, it will be a long day for the Ravens with most of the game played between the 30s.

Maybe if there is a Raven's Nite at Mons, Ray and his gang of thugs will appear and get into a tad of trouble before the big game.

Who was that Patriot that was caught doing coke the nite before the SuperBowl?
  11. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

I will pass on your compliment to Serena. I know that she will be appreciative. The over/under continues to hover at 33. Exploit it while it's stable. I suspect Vegas will lower it by next week. I would agree with you that the Giants should be able to pass on the Ravens, similar to the Jets' success early on in their game in Baltimore. Moreover, I believe that the Giant defense will smother the Ravens and force Dilfer into several glaring errors. He's certainly prone to that.

Speaking of prone, let me put in a quick plug for Halle at Kamasutra. As I said earlier, she is a top notch provider working in classy surroundings. She not only possesses great skills, but she is distinctly enjoyable to visit for conversation as well. Hopefully, the establishment will post her pictures on their web site soon. She is the real deal.
  12. robnotbob

robnotbob

Especially since those two Dalla Stars got nailed. One of the guys was a rookie celebrating his 21st b-day.They got there, paid the cover, and got kicked out 10 minutes later.
  13. pswope

pswope One out of three

jmcurry
    as part of the boys bonding element of this board it's permissable to discuss sports as long as you attempt to work commercial sex into your posts (eg:

Giants offensive line,which is only starting to get the credit it deserves,will protect Collins allowing him to exploit Ravens secondary as Testaverde did. If giants either score first,or get a special teams or defensive td,they will win(remember as was the case in 86,NY teams tend to win titles in bunches)
    (now for the relevant portion: the Giants would be well advised to stay away from Mons venus and other strip clubs in Tampa as the Mayor has been enforcing an ordinance banning guys fomr getting within 6 feet of strippers)

ps-didn't think Dave Anderson liked young busty chicks?
    pps-don't be offended but isn't Selena Roberts the best Ny sports writer since Red Smith?
  14. One Eyed Trouser Trout

JM

Didn't know there were any sports writers in NYC....just homies with a wordprocessor... :=)

I see it this way. Might as well forget Kiki and Dayne running the ball, and the Ravens cover the swings well. Ergo, let Kiki sit on the bench and put another blocking back in the backfield to protect Collins and try to stretch Baltimore with a few deep passes. Beyond the linebackers, the Ravens can be passed on some. Use short passes to the backs up the middle to freeze the linebackers. This way, perhaps the Giants can get maybe 7 to 13 points.

I wouldn't worry about their offense. Put Jason on Sharpe and blitz the rest....Dilfer is goofy and will likely throw a few picks.

Kicking game will be critical.

And send LT up to Ray Lewis' room the nite before.

First team to 10 wins it
  15. Ozzy

Ozzy

under. waaaaayyyyyy under. it won't be 33-34 by game time.
  16. jmcurry

jmcurry The Insider

Ok, I'm a sports writer for a NYC newspaper. Deviating from this board's primary focus, let's dwell on the Super Bowl. Forget the point spread. Does anyone actually think that these two teams will over the current 33&1/2? The spread is Giants getting 3. That could go either way. Will the Giants do to the Ravens what they did to the Vikes? Unlikely. Both play outdoors in the Northeast. Both have great defense. This will come down to a 40 yard field goal, with 18 seconds left on the clock. Consider the over/under before you bet. I am, unabashedly, looking for silver ranking from this post, so, visit Kamasutranyc.com. I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the actual pics, but can direct you to Halle, who will provide a total GFE. I saw her last week and am still smiling. Be well my brothers.

[Edited by jmcurry on 01-17-2001 at 06:56 PM]
  17. Ozzy

Ozzy

super bowl prediction......

3-2 final. don't know who'll win but the dog will cover.

my guess is giants field goal first drive....

ravens safety last play of the game. ;)

[Edited by Ozzy on 01-17-2001 at 06:01 PM]
  18. One Eyed Trouser Trout

I feel your pain Jen...well, I think it's your pain
  19. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

You know, Jen, you can have the ultimate revenge. Somehow I think you would have the ability to make all of these guys scream "The Vikings are the best" at a certain time ( if you know what I mean ), if you make that road trip to NYC......
  20. pswope

pswope One out of three

C'mon Jen
    We're from NY. This is exepected of us(which doesn't mean that your fine booty isn't welcome here!)