Going for HIV test on Thursday ...

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by mongerdeux, Jun 5, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Irish Mike

Irish Mike banned

Red Cross

Always puts the bandaid in the crook of your arm. All you would have to do is tell people you donated blood.
  2. mongerdeux

mongerdeux

Used the oraquick test -- swabbed between the cheek and gum twice then waited 20 mins. No arm bruise :)
  3. Bandaid

Bandaid

I've had a bandaid in the crook of my arm many times and nobody has ever asked me about it. The way to look as if you have nothing to hide is to look like you have nothing to hide.
  4. genius

genius

I am glad to hear you passed your test. Which test did you use?

BTW, HIV although commonly referred to as an STD is a blood disease. According to the CDC:Contact with saliva, tears, or sweat has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV.

A possible (but highly unlikely) way you can get HIV from a BBBJ is the blower has a open sore, cut, bleeding gums in her mouth AND the blowee has an open sore or cut on his dick AND there are sufficient quantities of both the blood AND the HIV concentration in the blood coming in contact with the blowee's open sore or cut.

Thats's also why there aren't warnings against DFK'ing with someone before you know for sure their HIV status.
  5. tommynj

tommynj

AIM does testing? I wonder if Yahoo will start this also!
  6. mongerdeux

mongerdeux

Negative, whew!

Even though I know I should, it's too hard to give up BBBJs!
  7. Houston

Houston

I hope everything came out negative and you are fine. I get tested every30 days thru Aim since I do movies and it is a great relief.
  8. genius

genius

Safer than an uncircumcised guy - not the same as safe.
    The point is it is unlikely that a guy, who does hetrosexual activities in the US w/o doing BBFS with crack whores, will get HIV infection. Not zero probability but small (much less than all the other fatal diseases people get) and even smaller if you are circumcised. The statistics bear this out.

And unless the HIV test you get is anonymous, the probabilty of a false positive (that would enter your medical records) could cause some major grief to you.
    That's why I do not donate blood.
  9. Waterclone

Waterclone Go ahead. Try me.

Uh oh. Then I better get tested quick. Just last week, while I was in Africa, I was taking it up the ass bareback while high from shooting up.

Oh. Wait a sec. I am circumcised. Whew, I guess I am safe then.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  10. genius

genius

If there is any bleeding it is usually a drop or 2 and it stops pretty fast. I usually pull the bandaid off in 1/2 hour w/o any problems.

Unless you are taking it up the ass or IV drug user or spent a month in Thailand or Africa doing everyone bareback and are also uncircumcised I think you are wasting your time and money. Last test I had was 15 years ago and thats pretty much what they told me at the clinic and that is consistent with what I have researched since then.

But hey, if it helps you sleep at night go for it.
  11. mongerdeux

mongerdeux

In Vegas when it's one hundred and nine degrees, ouch! Trying to track some place down that does the mouth swab. Would be much better.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2006
  12. Waterclone

Waterclone Go ahead. Try me.

Dude, wear a long sleeve shirt for 1 day.

Or tell people you went for a checkup. Cholesterol test and such.
  13. mongerdeux

mongerdeux

Been fairly active lately, and I'm going to get tested for the first time in about 4-5 years. I don't think I have it, but I'd rather know than not know. I'm nervously optimistic ...

I think they take the blood from the arm. Any tips on how to hide it while wearing short sleeves? Are there other ways to get the test?

--Ben