Greatest Studio Artists

Discussion in 'Music, Movies and Entertainment' started by Rokin, Apr 29, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Cezanne
    Max Ernst
    Picasso
    Basquiat (only because I grew up in NYC and he was the one of the first painters of my generation I could relate to)
  2. Rokin

Rokin

Turner's skies are amazing. El Greco (his amazing skies) and Velasquez (vibrant brush work) were also both way ahead of their times.
    Since a few people mentioned illustrators, you have to mention Frank Frazetta. Cable had a doumentary on about him. Amazing artist.
  3. The first time I saw Goya's "Black Paintings" at the Prado I was floored. Couldn't believe they are kept in the basement. The Turner Museum in London is a stop on every trip to the UK (as is the Imperial War Museum).
  4. Rokin

Rokin

Great taste.
    All three are great.
  5. Francisco de Goya
    John Mallord William Turner
    Philip Guston
  6. horatio

horatio

Steve Gadd did Aja in two takes.
  7. iusedtobeone1

iusedtobeone1

ohhh yes....

You got that one right.... Donald Fagan only uses the finest studio musicians available. He is a perfecectionist. I have seem some studio sessions where Mr. Fagan made a drummer do a take 10 times cause he felt he wasn't hitting the hi-hats hard enough.
  8. mitchmaxx

mitchmaxx

That mokey that fooled everybody was pretty good as well...LOL, art, well abstract art anyway, is something that I just don't care for... some tool telling me that a black cicle in the middle of a white canvass is a tortured soul looking for its freedom, well, ti each his own...
  9. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Anyone on any Steely Dan album.
  10. Rokin

Rokin

I like a lot of artists but some of my favorites are:

Richard Diebenkorn
    Giorgio Morandi
    Mark Rothko
    Ad Reinhardt
    Jackson Pollack
    Hiroshige