has this ever happened to anyone ???

Discussion in 'New York' started by jaydee, Feb 5, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. justme

justme <i>pop and click tainted</i> Vinyl ( is dead )

(FWIW - That's exactly what I took it to mean)
  2. kromrider

kromrider

Honestly when i first made the post I was not even thinking of Heidi. I was speaking generally about many providers who become indepent. While that still probably gonna piss people off on this board Its still probably true in least some cases. And if Slinky wants he can ad this to my origional post.
  3. justlooking

justlooking

I mean, I'm still staggered by the fact that someone believed that post about how to get into F/Stop.
  4. Casper

Casper

I suggest seeing if she'll work on a retainer basis as you seem to be in need of long term therapy. Addictions are harder than trying to figure out the steps to solving the Rubik's Cube .
  5. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

Casper,

I am trying reallly hard but I am addicted to the board. I am thinking about seeing a therapist right now. Just need to clarify if she is incall or outcall. :)
  6. Casper

Casper

I'd like a post from Dec 14, 2001 deleted. I wasn't feeling my self that day. :D

Jason get yourself back to work. Work work work. Remember ?

Anyway I agree that when it comes to silly borderline joking comments, it's hard to tell if it's a joke or not UNLESS someone uses language or includes a smiley to indicate clearly the intended purpose. :(
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  7. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

best thing is this thread to die by no one posting but I wanted to mention the last time someone made a silly remark like kromrider in jest on this board. The provider had about 5 cancellations that same day.
  8. I did not suggest that slinkybender comb through threads to delete offensive posts. I suggested that kromrider should request that his defamatory post about Heidi be deleted. Our APM will delete posts at the request of the author.
  9. danger-us

danger-us BACKCHANNEL BOY

This is not a commentary on the post in question, but if things like this should be deleted/censored, then you'll have to wait while slinky spends the next 4 months deleting and censoring other potentially hurtful comments. And some of these aren't even said as jokes.

I agree that some things just shouldn't be said but it would be pretty sad if it turned out to be "don't trash our friends, but say whatever you want about everyone else."
  10. It is if people believed what he wrote.
  11. JackT

JackT

I didn't think the joke was FUNNY either. (and it may have been tasteless)

But, give me a break!! We needn't walk on eggshells around here. Heidi's reputation is not tarnished one iota by comments like that.

(A request to delete/censor such comments? Now THAT'S truly offensive, IMO.)
  12. A joke that has the potential to ruin her business is not funny. Didn't you learn from billy's mistake? The right thing would be to ask slinkybender to delete your offending post.
  13. kromrider

kromrider

No one can take a joke around here.

And I never get pissed off at you guys when you refer to my hookers as "strung out junkies waiting for their next fix"

Since Heidi is so well respected on UG I offer an oppology and let me rephrase my post:

" Or she used the money that she made from that first batch of appointments and bought a huge selection of shoes and spent the next several days trying them on."
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  14. *********

Hey now, stop that you know JL doesn't like fluffing.
  15. *********

I'm sure that must be overwhelming however does that absolve us from practicing common courtesy? I think not therefore the same standards uphold regardless of gender.

Just because it's 2003 doesn't mean anything goes.
  16. justlooking

justlooking

rnb

I've said my capacity for guilt is limitless.
  17. sean960

sean960

Your A Funny Man

Very amusing Mike !
  18. sean960

sean960

WRONG...

For those of us that know her well enough,that was uncalled for,she doesn't even smoke cigarettes.I'm suprised at kromrider
    I usually enjoy his posts.And for the record she has NEVER stood me up ever.....
  19. robnotbob

robnotbob

Now you're apologizing for OTHER people's posts?
  20. kromrider, that was not funny.