Help the moderator...

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by Slinky Bender, Feb 19, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. GenrsMale

GenrsMale

I just saw posted on TBD that she will be here next week
  2. littleguy

littleguy Gold

You ARE right. That's who I am thinking about......and thinking about and thinking about and thinking about........................................
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer

It's a different charley. You're thinking of OHcharley from Ohio.
  4. GenrsMale

GenrsMale

But are you the Famous Charley of OhCharley?

But are you the Famous Charley of OhCharley that was in our fair city a month ago???????
  5. OCharley

OCharley

It surely is me. I am fairly confident that you have heard of someone with my name, but I am equally sure it was not me. As the apostile (sp) said, "you must be thinking of someone else." or something to that effect.
  6. littleguy

littleguy Gold

Candi,

Can't hardly believe I saying this but I agree 100% with Rust.

Don't go anywhere. Points of view from all angles can only help all concerned.

OCharley,

Is that really you ? I've heard many good things about you. How ya doin' ?????

Ozzy,

You didn't follow up your last e-mail or my response.
    What's up, brother ?
  7. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

I passed the written test.....

Now, the oral exam.......
  8. robnotbob

robnotbob

That settles it, I am definitely a woman. (Has MrNY taken this test? We can settle the debate once and for all)
  9. guy catelli

guy catelli

Re: Just the thing for you

guaranteed, Candide would score 100%. the question, though, is what would InfoBooth score?

the question i thought most interesting, though, is: who are the 28% of guys who said they would chose name "The Slot Machine" if they became a provider?

MALE FEMALE
    "Black Jack" 72% 68%
    "The Slot Machine" 28% 32%
  10. Candide

Candide

Thank you Thorn, but you should call me Candi and not Candie, cause Miss *Candie* of N.J. and her admirers will get confused...see...I have respect for Candie of N.J. and think she has a right to the protection of her name.

If you had requested to see me, undoubtedly you would have gotten fed up with my constant warning about my appearance. Other women perform an I.D. check which you guys dont like. My thing was appearance check (mine) - cause the criticism hurt me bad - and I don't think that is too hard to understand. WHen I started I felt pretty - two years later I felt worse than a dog... I guess I wasn't tough enough and I'm glad I'm not and never will be. And I promised myself I'd stick to my reading schedule. (I'm reading "Nemesis" the second volume of Kershaw's great bio of Hitler and the analysis of *his* Germany - it doesn't touch this place and you guys (and JAG too :( for fun and good times but it's pretty interesting reading :) night all

[Edited by Candide on 02-21-2001 at 07:16 PM]
  11. Thorn

Thorn

Candie,

I won't think you would have to leave here. This, frankly is exactly where you belong.

JAG, however, that is a different story. However, this isn't the place to discuss that.

Frankly, I've always thought fairly well of "Infobooth". I have to admit you had me fooled. I don't fool easy.

As for Candie, I have to tell you honestly that before she/you disappeared as a provider I had serious intent of seeing you. Why? Because the most important thing to me in a provider is someone you can connect to a bit. Someone who doesn't wrap herself entirely in a ball and hide herself from you. You struck me as someone, from the discriptions given, that was untainted by the business and hadn't gone hard inside. Thus, still able to relate to a client as a person, instead of just the next appointment.

Whether you decide to stay or go, I wish you well.
  12. MrNY

MrNY Subject to blackouts

88% is good enough for me...............

:)
  13. fletch

fletch Voice of Reason

No, frog, I am not your father.
  14. frog

frog

fishfry, but that test assumes that the test taker is honest. I was 88% female, whatever that means.

[Edited by frog on 02-21-2001 at 05:45 PM]
  15. fishfry

fishfry

16. HornDogBuddah

HornDogBuddah

Oh no, not the euphamistic cuppa coffee? (sorry, I couldn't help myself.)
  17. K.S.

K.S.

It's OK, Ozzy!

I kind of remember the incident you're talking about. And, I understand now what you meant about the age thing!

I actually believe JAG is a necessary thing, and that guys should be able to talk semi-privately. I would feel kind of bad about revealing information I read there to interested parties. I suppose, if someone was plotting to kill a provider or something like that, there would be a LOT of JAGsters who'd warn her. What I'm saying is, there's nothing there that is really worth sharing, but I wouldn't go on TBD and say "Oh, you're kissing her butt HERE but on JAG you said she's a withered old hag."

That sort of thing.

I ought not to post after drinking a cup of coffee.
  18. OCharley

OCharley

I am generally a lurker on JAG and am new on this Board. But having seen and read the most recent posting by Candi - de (pronounced Day) I can see that this medium is by its very nature limiting. What one person writes, another quickly mis-interprets, twists, or takes to the logical extreme.

I must say that Ms. Day seems to be a bit extreme in this instance. I echo the poster who wrote that not only has there been no outcry to bannish Ms. Day to "Bogie "Land" for her slight indescretions, but there is generaly a feeling that she should stay and continue to contribute. She should remain here where she obviously enjoys being heard.

Its just my opinion. I have never met her nor will I most likely, but one more voice of reason is always better in a community of voices. Or is that vices.
  19. Ozzy

Ozzy

KS,
    for you....i removed the age refrence, only because i respect your honesty in admitting your access to jag. as i said someplace here earlier....you've made a fan of me.

[Edited by Ozzy on 02-21-2001 at 05:27 PM]
  20. K.S.

K.S.

I missed all the excitement. But, if Candide is indeed a female (and apparently she is) then I think this entire thread was a stupid idea.

I gather she infiltrated JAG and posted? Did she do any actual harm? Personally, I can't resist a challenge, which is why *I* did it. Have I done any actual harm? I dunno, maybe.

Ozzy, I don't know what you did, but references to a providers age show a lack of manners and maturity. At least, I think that you meant that comment about her age as some sort of justification? I don't know if that's what you actually did, though - because all the good stuff seems to have been deleted.