Hi, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Introducing yourself' started by Slinky Bender, Mar 14, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. genlock1

genlock1

DNS = Domain Name Server
    Means it will not resolve using the name utopiaguide.com
    You could only get to it using the IP Address
  2. vad1

vad1

Dns not resolving - don't know what that means ...

... but was totally bummed out when UG search and click would take me to some gaming site. Wonder how many gamers got directed here before, lol.

Thanks Mayor, slick

V
    Ointment likes this.
  3. hardndslick

hardndslick

welcome back
  4. MayorSimpleton

MayorSimpleton

Welcome back vad.
    First day dns was not resolving utopiaguide.com I felt like Rick in the first Walking Dead episode. It took a few days for members to find the ip address and in some cases with the help of Sophia Belle. She posted the address in her BP ad.
  5. vad1

vad1

Might as well be "new here"!

Great to be back and finally logged in.

Slinky, and all the powers that be, thanks for doing whatever it took to bring the site back on. Must've been a huge headache, considering that the site was down for such a long time!

Well, not as long as I had thought, as even newbies (take a bow, Ointment!) found their way in.

I'm an internet dud, just didn't realize how big a dud, until a brief look through the site shows a lot of the self-professed non internet savvy ones have been back ages ago! (Hi, Mr. Wiggley!)

More than a little to share, lot of questions, ISO, etc, but for now, I'm going to shut up, catch up on all the stuff I've missed first.

Yea, I'm a "newbie" now, don't want to butt-dive into my favorite pool without getting my toes wet first.

Kinda know now what it feels like to be "banned" and in UG withdrawal - wouldn't want that to happen by saying something/asking questions that have already been answered, etc.

Later, folks!

V
    Mr. Wiggley likes this.
  6. Stashu

Stashu

The Wiz is quite correct, it took me a while to find the site again. Bonus points for persistence!
    Ointment likes this.
  7. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

At a time when most regulars can't even find the site, you oughtta get extra bonus points just for signing up.
    Ointment likes this.
  8. Ointment

Ointment

Hi everybody,

I'm a bit of noob here, but have been lurking for several months now. I've been mongering for about 3 years or so (since just after my first kid, what a coincidence) and am thoroughly enjoying the reviews and ideas I'm seeing around here.
    I typically go for more basic services like a standard HJ, but have visited a few AMPs with a variety of amenities and offerings and have gotten significantly dirtier around town.
    I've done a few reviews on another site with the same handle, and hope that I can contribute here as well. I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit apprehensive about this activity, but I'm clearly a monger deep down, so I'm going with it.
    Thank you for your support.
    Barack Obama likes this.
  9. gizmoako

gizmoako

Will do!
  10. vad1

vad1

Welcome, gizmo.

Check out the rules section, especially the ones about writing rev, as you intend sharing your experiences.

Enjoy!
  11. gizmoako

gizmoako

Greetings,

New to this forum but not new to the game. Was referred here after another forum I frequent is going through changes that I am particularly not a fan of. Giving this forum a try. I have been mongering for a good 4 years. I started with Spas and then slowly moved to the apartment game. Now it is a mix between spas and apartments. I would love to share my experiences here on a frequent basis and add value to this forum whenever I have time.
    Ointment likes this.
  12. Kjay

Kjay

New bee here but not to the trade :) Just came across UG a cpl days ago and decided to register. Been mongering for 6-7 yrs and surprised there is a place with so much info that I haven't come across. Am from ny and know a few good places... To start out with check out sweet spa 29... I tried everyone there but like maya and koko in that order. Hope to learn from the other guys here ...
  13. Sophia Belle

Sophia Belle

No problem anytime... I respect that you actually requested advice on that in particular. I really consider paying to post that on every sight as a disclaimer with a requirement to type it out back on the site to be like your "signature".... (and make it impossible to be copied and pasted).... anyways, hope you have a great experience.

*Sophia
  14. mikeygq13

mikeygq13

Hey all! I've had an account for a long time, just never posted! Hope to talk more in the future
    Sophia Belle likes this.
  15. jw1ck

jw1ck

Thank you for your advice Sophia, I know you have a large following here so I trust what you say. I've seen the info most providers would be looking for, just trying to get over my own fears with that, but that's something I obviously have to deal with. Glad you welcomed me :D!
    Sophia Belle likes this.
  16. Jr45

Jr45

What's up guys. Been lurking for awhile but don't want to be one of those guys. This board has been a big help and looking forward to contribute. Thanks all.
    Sophia Belle likes this.
  17. Sophia Belle

Sophia Belle

She is quite amazing... to build a reputation, see only providers that we can verify you through, don't ask questions... do your research and if you cant figure something out... ask the guys, not us. For instance, KK, myself, and Laurenn Taylor all have our own websites with all the info you will need or links to that info. So dont say you are interested and have been doing your research and then have the nerve to ask donation amounts or even worse ask for details of the session. Dont be shady or unwilling to provide info to a reputable provider... we ask for info to protect our safety... REPUTABLE providers know how to use the information with the utmost discretion. Also understand that phones never stop... Don't give up or get discouraged if you don't get an immediate reply...

Good luck and welcome to my favorite site!!;)
  18. Wrangleat0r

Wrangleat0r

Hello, I've done the lurking thing for a bit, posted a review a time or three and apparently don't have my head implanted too far up my butt when it comes to the latter. I like this site for the wealth of information it provides and the vicarious kick some of stories give.
  19. jw1ck

jw1ck

Hey all, new here, and to the game honestly (mostly a AMP guy) but thinking about graduating. Nassau county doesn't have nearly as much action as Suffolk unfortunately so I don't have too much to share, but will do my best. There is one girl in particular that has made me want to take the plunge "KK" and I'm trying to build up a rep to make that possible. Any tips from you pros would be fking awesome!
  20. vad1

vad1

Seriously, great first post, Dfrank!

Welcome!

V