Hi, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Introducing yourself' started by Slinky Bender, Mar 14, 2008.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. Scamper

Scamper

I didn't lurk very long before signing up. I appreciate the way the group is run.... As fair and straight as possible. Thanks for having me. I'll be an occasional contributer... Made one post so far
    Banacek likes this.
  2. pickledliver

pickledliver

Finally decided to sign up since the SA thread has been so helpful
  3. We one

We one

Hello all een reading this for years ,tried numerous times to sign up. It never accepted aol , this time it did. Hopefully I can contribute now.
  4. Ishja

Ishja

HI I'm new here trying to run through every r&t in Westchester
  5. We one

We one

good morning all, ive been watching for years, it never let me sign up because of my email carrier till now. glad to finnaly be able to contribute . great place for info on here
  6. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Wow. What was your handle on JAG?
  7. Asimov

Asimov

hey all
    long time hobbyist.. Since the glorious 90s.
    And occasional reviewer on other less organised boards.
    And ......(drumroll).....the creative writers workshop.
  8. WizardOfAhhs

WizardOfAhhs

They say the third time's the charm, so I guess we'll see. Been playing mostly in Brooklyn lately, so hopefully I can add some info on an area not too well covered here.
  9. Ricky89

Ricky89

Hello UG Community,

I hope everyone had an eventful weekend. I figured I should make my introduction. I've been around most facets of the hobby for about 10 years. I'm fairly new to LI, but all my checks seemingly lead me here in some shape or form. So, naturally, I figured it was time to join the community and add to the Guide.

Happy hunting.
  10. Banacek

Banacek Moderator

Are we to assume you are a provider? How did you happen to hear about Utopia Guide?
  11. BrendaBlethyn

BrendaBlethyn

Hi BrendaBlethyn here i am the new member of this board thanks to all.
  12. Fun finder

Fun finder

Thank you for the explanation. Makes complete sense.
  13. Banacek

Banacek Moderator

Thanks for asking. I've been meaning to open a dialogue about this.

Your post is awaiting moderation in the Moderation Queue. What that means is the post needs to be reviewed by a moderator and approved for posting before it is made public for members to see. When a new member posts a comment, it automatically goes into the Queue where one of the mods looks it over for content, format, and proper placement. If it meets the criteria, the post is approved and then it appears in the thread right where you posted it. It's still there now waiting to be looked at.

In your particular case, you wound up posting the comment twice. Probably because you didn't understand why it did not appear the first time you hit "Post Reply." So, when I saw that in the queue, I deleted the duplicate post, but left the original for another mod to approve. I generally stay away from moderating stuff in the AMP threads, since that is not my thing and I feel it best left for one of the mods with experience in that genre to moderate those posts.
  14. Fun finder

Fun finder

I'm in same boat as soles. I've been a long time lurker and finally getting the conofidence to post. I've been a long time participant in the long island amp game. Looking forward to posting my reviews. Tried to post one last night, not sure where it went.
  15. Soles2Jebus

Soles2Jebus

new member here but have been lurking anonymously for a few months now.

lets get this ball to continue rolling
  16. Yamahatonga

Yamahatonga

Hello everyone, i'm new to UG and still can't believe I have such a precious goldmine at my fingertips. I thank my coworker who did the ultimate memory jog and was so gracious to share. I'm writing to ya'll from LI and while I've had 1 semi successful relationship with a pyt from cL over the yr I've never visited an AMP or struck up enough courage to call a bP ad. In fact, I've only known about bP for around a year. I always forget what thrusted me into this hobby aside from having just enough testosterone and yearn but spring break in montreal got me started for. I had been dreaming and planning my getaway for over a decade, that was, until, my beloved UG fam found me. I've truly grown fond of all of you and the language of the UG community and once I get going will definitely provide some nice reviews for all to enjoy. Peace!
  17. Heretolearn

Heretolearn

Hey Utopia family. Im new here and am looking to use this site for my first monger experience and many more to come. Thanks for the great info. You guys have save me alot of time doing research.
  18. The Cocksman

The Cocksman

New to the site, looking forward to adding my reviews from elim spa, Royal spa, etc etc etc etc etc. Great info, and this site has saved me plenty of money and guaranteed a good time when the provider is listed. btw, wiggly and fred flint are my heroes!!
  19. Starbuck4ever

Starbuck4ever

New to Utopia. But not new to the hobby..Always used *** in the past, but, found this forum two days ago. Glad to be here. Have recently came back to the hobby, and most all the girls I use to see on BP in 2012/13 are all gone (on Long Island) or no longer working. Look forward to trading stories etc. With you all. Stay safe, and HAVE FUN!

~Starbuck
  20. Hello fellow members. Back to the guide after a some time away. Truth be told, I have been stuck in lurker mode for a bit but haven't seen too many providers to contribute. Those I have will surely get a written up. Glad to be back and hope to make some kind of significant contribution .
    Master Blaster 212 likes this.