holy crap!

Discussion in 'New York' started by thelastone, Sep 11, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. wimpy

wimpy

These people are crazy

After watching ABC News last night and seeing that two sets of people were arrested at the airports trying to board planes with fake i.d.'s and knifes, makes you think that if the FAA did not shutdown the system. A lot more than four planes would have been hi-jacked. I pray that the government stopped them but I believe there are more waiting for the oppertunity, and its a scary thought.
  2. jras

jras

God is ...

... a concept by which we measure our pain (John Lennon).

peace brothers and sisters,
    jras
  3. wimpy

wimpy

Lucky and Heartbroken

I still am in shock about yesterday. Even though I woke up this morning it was apparent it wasn't a dream. Then the reality set in. As I drove to the train station this morning in New Jersey, I parked my car on one of the side streets near my train station. I notice that a few cars are still in the same spots as they were yesterday morning and again yesterday evening when I came home. In particular yesertday morning I was running late. I parked my car behind someone I see everyday. We both ran two blocks to make the train. We made the train and I looked at him and said "wow we made it!!" For the past three years I have seen this guy. Very well dressed, we have always acknowledged each other in the mornings but we never had a conversation. He did not know my name and neither I of he. My reality came back this morning...His car is in the same space as we had left it yesterday morning..the space as I pulled away from yesterday evening. I pray for him. I know he worked in the downtown area because I would always see him catching the path and exiting at WTC with me and many others from my neighborhood. The trains were empty. I hope it was because people had no work to go to and not because they did not come home last night. I guess I'll find out soon. Along with this man and two very close friends I have not heard from, my life will never be the same. I feel at the age of 36 I grew up and became a man yesterday.

I thank god that two weeks ago I started a new job in Midtown. I look back and say I thought it was an increase in pay that I got. But actually my life probably was saved because at 8:45am up to two weeks ago I was coming out of the WTC Path Station.

[Edited by wimpy on 09-12-2001 at 09:33 AM]
  4. RoosterC74

RoosterC74

Body2See

Body2See,

Glad to hear that all is well with you, and that you are indeed safe.
  5. Body2see

Body2see

prayers

My prayers are with everyone. I am glad to see familiar names here, and that people are ok. There are no words to describe how I felt as I got off the subway and saw all this tragedy. God was with me the day before when I recieved a cancelation that would have had me there at the WTC.
    Be safe everyone!!

xoxoB2S
  6. tomahawk9

tomahawk9

Giving blood is something everyone should do if they can - but we can't (can we?). Our hobby is considered at-risk activity, is it not, by the blood-collection people.
  7. marquez156

marquez156

their offices are in midtown, Thanks for checking
    this is worse than a nightmare
  8. Zeus

Zeus

[Edited by Zeus on 09-12-2001 at 12:24 AM]
  9. ryan

ryan

holy crap is right

I've seen the replays on TV a hundred times now but it is still amazing. The eeriest was watching the clear footage of the second plane come in from the left and into the entire floor.

I'd say something like "I hope all UG members are safe" but that might seem petty considering all the casualties... and I fear turn out probably not 100% true either.

slinky... time to check in....
  10. candie

candie

real happy to here b2see is ok, thanks so much wimpy for that msg.

wishing everyone strength as this uglyness unfolds!

hugs,
    candie
    xx
  11. misterxyz

misterxyz

Checking yellowpages.com and four11.com for tokyo mitsubishi found no names at WTC. Also searched for Mitsubishi and still found no names at WTC. They were all elsewhere and no zip codes matched WTC. However there was no name found for Tokyo Mitsubishi Securities. Closest name was Tokyo Mitsubishi Trust & Bank.
  12. marquez156

marquez156

How can I find out if Tokyo Mitsubishi Securities had offices in the WTC?

I can't belive this.
  13. April

April Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace

Horrifying

I am stunned......this has hit so close to home that I don't even grasp the magnitude of this fully. I hope everyone and all they're loved ones are safe. I'm hearing planes over head, knowing that there are absolutely no commercial flights.....military planes...scarey scarey shit! There is still so many unknown details about what happened, and was will happen. I mean there is no possible way that there will not be a retaliation of some sort. This is worse than Pearl Harbor. Scarey shit
    April
  14. maryjane

maryjane

banditgrl411@hotmail.com

Tank and Guy are fine, I saw them post on another board..................................

MJ of NJ/NY
  15. wimpy

wimpy

Looking out my office window in Midtown and you could hear a pin drop. I went out side for air and you could sense the disbelief from everyone. I am heading home to NJ. I don't know how I'll get there. I'll talk to you guys later tonight. I pray everyone is ok.

Wimpy
  16. wimpy

wimpy

B2C

Spoke to her this morning right after this happened she was ok and heading home. Just let us know you arived home safely

o.k. B2C
  17. neversoft

neversoft

Anyone heard from B2C?

Her "day job" is in the neighborhood as well.

Give blood, pray hard everyone
  18. wimpy

wimpy

Please be Okay

I know a few UGers work and live in the WTC area. I myself ,up till last week worked two blocks from the WTC. I hope all of my friends on this board who work in the area are all o.k. Just let us know.

On a normal day at 8:40 or so I would be walking out of the WTC Path Station.
  19. Jennfdggg

Jennfdggg

Carl, i'm so sorry for you too. Going to donate blood. Everyone should. Love, Jen
  20. Jennfdggg

Jennfdggg

Please, has anyone heard from Tank? What the hell is Guy Catelli's website link?

Really, he lives literally around the corner. He hasn't called anyone. I'm worried sick. He is my friend. News anyone?