Honor amongst mongers???

Discussion in 'Cheap Thrills' started by azhadow, Feb 3, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. azhadow

azhadow

Nightcrawler,

I'm not trying to gain anything. Just pointing out something that I noticed. The members are what makes this site. I tried to do my part where I could. I felt that some of my posts were ignored due to others trying to keep quiet what we've discovered. I'm very doubtful that I'm the member of this site experiencing certain events. This site is about sharing. So, I'll share and share alike.
  2. its_mousey

its_mousey

ONE. I didn't start this thread, I merely responded (along w/other UGers).

TWO. I could give a flying fuck about 'gaining ground' (whatever that means).

THREE. I merely said 1) although it would be very nice of you to do so, you don't have to share your 'good finds' but 2) you should not deceive others in order to serve your self interest. Hence, as applied to your situation, if you found something good, although it would be peachy keen of you to share, you're more than free to say "hell no, I won't share" just as long as you don't lie. That was the extent of my postings here. Nothing more. Nothing less. So I don't see the relevance of your "no one sided shit" argument.

NUFF' SAID.

*Squeak!*
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  3. 411

To Ug Staff & Shorty

Y'all are makin' some good points on this thread. Keep up the good work. We all as mongers will learn a thing or two. Ain't nothing wrong with making a mistake as long as we come back to fix it. I'm still learning myself. Thanks to the monger who started this thread. I feel a solution will come to keep the underground LE FREE. Let's keep the comments going so we can help one another come up with a plan together to make this work to our benifit.
  4. 411

DAMN.
  5. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

Shorty,

First you are absolutely correct. but one of the reasons why it's hard for guys to figure out what's ok to post and what's not is that it's often difficult for US to figure it out at well. But secondly, while you have read the rules and have always been very good about abiding by them, there's litterally thousands of other guys who haven't and don't. So we often get situations where one guy posts something and we sort of think "well, that's ok", if another guy wrote it we wouldn't. And then you get the gray areas in between, and it gets very difficult. Are posts sometimes somewhat arbitrarily deleted? Well, if you want to define arbitrary as "depending on individual discretion (as of a judge) and not fixed by law", then the answer is yes. It just isn't possbile to set one fixed set of rules which will cover every single instance of everything. And the more complex the rules get, the more people not only complain, but son't even read any of them.

But throw in that there are tons of guys here who post stuff all the time which really is against the obvious intent of the rules and then say "well, I don't see anything in the rules against it". So what happens? we have to specifcally put in a rules against it. And then no one reads it, blah, blah, blah. So, a lot of what happens is just up to how the moderator in charge of that section feels about the post at the time they read it. so, from time to time the way posts get moderated changes, and sometimes substantially. The good guys (like you) help by posting in a way that they think is in keeping with the spirit of the ruels of the board. But for every one of you, there's 10 guys who try to post stuff which they know isn't supposed to go, and try their best to craft around the rules. And then they complain when those posts get deleted. one example:

http://utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20274

(the penultimate post showing some of the most extreme irony ever on a PMB, and that's really saying soemthing).
  6. shorty

shorty

UG Staff - I think what it comes down to is that no one has the right to yell at UG personnel in general with the exception of the slinkster himself. It's his home and he decides how to run it. It's not our place as members to dictate what he decides the rules are. If we want to dictate the rules, we should open our own board. It's not that difficult to do from a technical perspective.

The reason why most of us are here (with the exception of a few) is to learn from others and share what we know. It's a difficult balance for you as staff to manage that, but on the same token, it's also difficult for us, as members, to determine what we CAN and CAN NOT post, and more importantly what we SHOULD and SHOULD NOT post. Personally, I've read the rules...I know what I can and can not post and how to post it. For as long as I have information to share, I, personally, will share what I know.
  7. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

It is very difficult to keep a balance on these sites. We get yelled at for deleting stuff, we get yelled at for not deleting stuff, we get yelled at if the guys are too nasty to the girls, we get yelled at if we don't let the guys be nasty to the girls, we get yelled at if the information put up is too explicit, we get yelled at if we redact information which is too explicit............
  8. azhadow

azhadow

I appreciate all the input. The reason I asked the second part because I've noticed that false information and accusations run rampant in on other sites. I saw on this site, some posts have been ignored and swept under the rug intentionally. I hope everyone will respect my actions: I will not be the first to post about a specific which has not yet been exposed on this site.
  9. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

10. lamont5123

lamont5123

I don't have much information to share. But what I've gleaned, I gladly share it.

I can't offer any reviews unless I get a hint.

I don't mind people keeping a prized provider to themselves.

But I am not thrilled with those who are in the know, but love to lord it over the unfortunates who simply lack the entry passcodes.

As for LE, what we do is illegal by definition of the law. So all we can do is take precautions.

Does LE know of every spot? No.

Can they learn of a spot through UG? Maybe.

What UG needs is way of qualifying people who've been members for a while so they can receive some information enabling them to enjoy the hobby.

And not merely observe it from the sidelines.
  11. shorty

shorty

Just my two cents.

http://www.utopiaguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18913&page=2

This was one of those occassions where honesty amongst mongers was not present.

As far as the topic of this thread is concerned, I can understand where someone doesn't want to share info on a UTR girl he has established a relationship. I have three girls of similar situations and the girls don't want their information shared. Out of respect for them, I don't share it. It's not because I don't want to. Search my threads, you'll see I'm very liberal about my reviews. it's out respect for the UTR.

However, when someone says, "well I don't want to post because no one else is posting, why should I share?", then that completely defeats the purpose of this board. Good or bad, what's it going to hurt? If you don't want to divulge ALL the information, maybe a simple synopsis would suffice. "I saw XXXXXXXX, cost was < >, acronyms as follows: < >, would recommend seeing her. If there's interest in this girl, then it can be asked for by other members.
  12. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler

Mousey, AZ

You are not gaining any ground by starting a new thread concerning this topic. If you really feel that strong about this subject the way you say you do, you need to go to those threads where you feel info is being held back. I am not going to lie I have held back info in the past because certain mongers received and never gave. For ex: I have literally asked my ass off about the chica spot in College Point (Thread called Sanford 1F). I didn't know of any spots at the time, so I wanted to try either Sanford or Linden. Anyway nobody would share how to get into Sanford (Linden info is available). I said "ok thats how it works?" So now, I've found and go to two spots in JH that are cheaper than Sanford. I posted that I know of spots in JH on the Sanford thread and now all of a sudden I must post the local and shit. I told them "HELL NO" one hand washes the other. So my point is lets come to the table lets share. Not no one sided shit.
  13. flabbergasted

flabbergasted

The local LE knows everything that are going on in their town. They might be patrons themselves or getting freebies to look the other way. As for sharing, I'm more selective on what I post because once a good spot is reviewed, you won't be able to get an appt., just look at LH, it's like Grand Central there now. Some thread slow down because of no new info. to share.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  14. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

Please point it out?
  15. shorty

shorty

not true - false reviews are not punished by banishment. I caught a blatant lie in the Sports Massage thread a while back and the UG'er is still around. I checked his past reviews (of which there were none) and it was a case of lying for the sake of "chalking up a review" and/or building credibility.

It was the equivalent of saying I slept with Amy and she was total GFE/PSE with Greek at no charge and at a discount rate for all of the above. An impossibility to those that have experienced it. Oddly enough, that individual didn't even bother to refute my accusations. Not a peep!
  16. its_mousey

its_mousey

Correction: You WILL be banned if you knowingly post false information. See Slinky's Ten Commandments.
  17. its_mousey

its_mousey

11th COMMANDMENT: Thou Shall Not (Knowingly) Post False Reports

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Purposefully posting false information, regardless of motive, is a CARDINAL SIN and should be grounds for banishment from the brotherhood if found out!

It's one thing not to share, but it's an entirely different story when one knowingly disseminates false information. To do so not only undermines the credibility of UG, but in certain cases, can also lead to physical harm. A good example is bbgun's exaggerated reports on the Newark SW scene. In addition to his dubious claims of frequent bbfs/DATY experiences w/random SWs, his false characterization of the area would lead someone unfamiliar w/the locale to think that it's perfectly safe to walk around Newark late at night looking for action.

That's not just negligent.

It's criminal. Someone can get killed.

Now, that's in the extreme case. But whenever you lie about your post, you always run the risk of being shunned if your lie is found out. I'm sure bbgun has contributed plenty of useful information in the past, but ever since his embellishment was found out, many will doubt the veracity of his future posts (if he posts again, ever since his debacle, he has been noticeably 'missing' in UG).

But more importantly, false reports (in whole or in part) devalues UG. If alot of our brethren starts doing this, how can we trust any information posted here??? The brotherhood will no longer be more reliable than those stupid fake one-line "reviews" on CL.

So, as previously stated, you don't have to share your precious find. But please don't lie about it. By the way, when I mean "lie" this includes both affirmative misrepresentations AND omitting material facts as to create a false impression (for e.g., your ATF has just been reviewed on UG, and in an effort to 'protect' her from further exposure, you post a half-baked review purposely omitting important details as to her service and/or price).

If there is any honour amongst our brethren mongers it is this: thou shall not to lie to each other.

*Squeak!*
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  18. Bandaid

Bandaid

No, I don't withhold information. I believe in sharing it. I will honor a request from a provider not to review unless her service is poor. In that case, my obligation is to the group to keep the rest of us from wasting our money.

I have gotten heat from members for posting "too much" about certain hangouts, and there are folks on the board who would love to do everything backchannel so they could use information like currency.
  19. its_mousey

its_mousey

LOL! Your sentiment is appreciated but, dude, that just sounded quite...unappealing to say the least.

*Squeak!*
  20. azhadow

azhadow

Thnx, Mousey. The same exact pov. Some of my great finds must have been discovered by other brethren but never publicized. My top prizes I will never betray. I admit that I have dipped my hand into the bowl that many others have sampled before me. And of course I will share experiences of providers that are already exposed. I will share what is already shared. Hand-me-downs... or sloppy seconds to whatever exponent.

Now, At least I've had a few responses. What about the other part to my query? Are all the thumbs down real? Are they slander for protection? Has anyone really posted negative comments for a good reason? Would we lie to protect our prize? I've never had to. Not yet.

On a side note, no one's probably gonna believe a word I post now that I've started this thread. But like my favorite TV show, House MD, his favorite moto: everyone lies.