How much do reviews weigh in your decision on choosing a provider?

Discussion in 'General Industry Related Topics' started by fairemily, Jul 30, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. big blue1

big blue1

One always likes to take a chance every now and then, but reading reviews most definitely has an impact because there might be something there that sways you one way or another. Now of course one might be thinking if these reviews are legit, but multiple reviews definitely tell a story.
  2. fairemily

fairemily

Not quite sure what you mean. The gentleman I see are not pond scum and yes they view but are a more private bunch. I only argue when provoked and that happened with exactly three mongers here, you being one of them. I sincerely do not like to argue, I feel horrible after I do.
  3. justlooking

justlooking

Yeah, but I'll bet 80-90% of the pond scum you see are here all the time.
  4. justlooking

justlooking

Yeah, come on. Emily comes across as a person with a personality after all these posts. That can only help. Look what arguing did for Amy. It sent her business through the roof.
  5. fairemily

fairemily

I will admit it and testify it works. Not only does it work but it is the perfect way to attract the best guys to suit you to have the best sessions and get great reviews in return. Someone who really likes your board personality will most likely have a great session with you as long as you stay true to what you provide. Before UG all guys had was a providers advertising pitch and reviews. I said it before that it is a rare opportunity to get a more detailed view of who you choose to see. Almost all UG guys who see me are not nervous or anxious that I am anything but what I portray myself to be. I don't ask for handles so I don't know about them but it doesn't matter since 95% of the gentleman I see do not participate on the board as much if not at all.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  6. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Probably no girl is going to admit this, but I can tell you from what's been relayed to me that fighting with guys on this board genrerally leads to vast increases in business for a lot of the girls.
  7. fairemily

fairemily

I can't tell you what precisely someone reads that I wrote that would make their decision but overall yes it does. I find the board addicting so my participation is not calculating but nobody will see me if I just did my initial thread with a classified ad left it at that. My personality shows through my words so when I do see someone from the board it is like they already know me which makes for a very comfortable session. It beats re-posting over and over again the same shit on other boards, it is far more interesting, educational and intimate. Nobody will completely agree what I write about but I don't really debate serious issues as much as I do more fun discussions especially at the moment. So yes, without board contributions I would not be as busy from UG. It is a rare opportunity in this industry to really get to know the girl you are seeing besides what others write. If it hurt me I wouldn't do it.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  8. JXM

JXM Bronze

Question...do you think having these types of debates (regarding reviews, etc.) help or hurt your business? Or do they have no impact?
  9. JXM

JXM Bronze

Bad choice of words. Meaning that when someone gets in a tough spot and the only way out of it (in their mind) is to use someone's personal information they might just do it regardless of their previous disposition against doing so.
  10. justlooking

justlooking

Please forgive me for pointing out that it is not true that only advertisers are permitted to participate in board discussions. Rather, only advertisers are allowed to post contact info and otherwise advertise themselves. ANYONE can participate in discussions.
  11. fairemily

fairemily

So many of this boards participators and viewers will never know I existed as a contributing advertiser if I did not participate in the board. It is the privilege to be able to participate that only advertiser get. I do take the risk of being misunderstood but it's a risk I am wiling to take. I also enjoy the debates as long as it is just that "a debate" and stay respectful. I honestly believe the guys like to mix it up a little with a providers opinions or at least I hope so.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  12. kunny

kunny

Depends. If the reveiwer is someone that has been consistent, yes. I do have to keep in mind that every provider will like every monger. And that will affect that review. THis is truly a YMMV business.
  13. UG Staff

UG Staff Staff

Better?
  14. JXM

JXM Bronze

Any of us that have been around the block a few times have been screened ad nauseum. Other than the few girls I've seen that have wanted every bit of information imaginable from you (including verifiable work numbers, etc.) the methods vary little. I can't imagine that FE's methods are so different from everyone else's.

I'm with JL on this. If only because I can't understand why this is such a big deal.

Further point--IMHO providers that routinely engage in spirited debate on a place like this are probably much more likely to draw the ire of someone that would do them harm than someone who merely advertises, sees clients, and stays off of the boards.
  15. JXM

JXM Bronze

Of course that wasn't my point, and I'm sure had nothing to do with screening. But to my larger point. People come across information all of the time with no intent to misuse it, until a time comes when the scale tips and using it is better than not using it.
  16. fairemily

fairemily

That's funny!!!

I think my face is visable enough to know who I am if you saw me before.
    How many girls are a natural redheads in this buisness, in this world for that matter. If you met me you would remember. Someone reconized me from Junior High School (that was fun).
  17. justlooking

justlooking

Well, everyone I recall meeting had a visible face.

But you can tell who I am. I'm the guy who wouldn't shut up.
  18. fairemily

fairemily

You would know better, my pic's are in the classified section.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  19. justlooking

justlooking

We've probably met, then.
  20. fairemily

fairemily

So much for the last word....
    Now since you graciously shared your experiences how is it from what you just wrote for you not understand even slightly where I am coming from. The mostly American single girl massage joints are the basis of my intimate experiences with clients. I have also had many years experience as a phone girl (low end, high end, massage, full). I cannot even count the number of guys I screened not only for myself but for other providers. This is why I have heard it all when it comes to screening and know the difference from what information needs to be out there to protect clients and stuff was carelessly leaked out that could cause a provider problems.

PS> I was also a waitress at two NYC strip clups.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2006