How would you spend your tax cut?

Discussion in 'New York' started by ew, Jun 7, 2001.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. jmp

jmp

Actually, I have a lady joining me for that trip, and not a provider either.

Of course, I might be going again in the fall. They keep offering me comped rooms and meals, and I keep taking them up on it...

[Edited by jmp on 06-08-2001 at 11:45 AM]
  2. mercydancer

mercydancer

I think I'll be going to Vegas right around when mine is supposed to come. (Actually, I was planning the trip to begin with, but now I'll have an extra $300 to either gamble or spend on the hobby.) [/B][/QUOTE]

OOh,can I come along? I promise to be a very good girl and be quiet and even stay in the closet most of the time(unless you would happen to need me for anything),and you won't even notice that I'm there.

Except maybe during the night.
  3. jmp

jmp

They're going to start sending them the last week of July, and they are all supposed to be mailed over the course of 10 weeks. Of course, I'll believe it when I get my check.

Supposedly, they decided to do it based on the last 2 digits of your SSN. The first week, they'll hit people whose last 2 digits are 1x, the second week 2x, and so on until they get everyone. Now why they didn't just do it based on the last digit is beyond me, since it would have the same end result, while confusing fewer people.

I think I'll be going to Vegas right around when mine is supposed to come. (Actually, I was planning the trip to begin with, but now I'll have an extra $300 to either gamble or spend on the hobby.)
  4. mercydancer

mercydancer

At the speed the government's going those checks won't come until Christmas.
  5. Monk

Monk

Well, seeing that the top rebate will be something like $600, I doubt if anyone will be doing any kitchen remodelling any time soon. As for hobbying, I guess the providers are keeping their fingers crossed that the trickle down will trickle their way.
  6. mercydancer

mercydancer

Who knows,could be,maybe, some day,even soon.
  7. jmp

jmp

Perhaps some of the providers in the $$$+ range will run a tax rebate special for $$$.
  8. Tankcommander

Tankcommander

Married guys ain't gonna see a penny of that cut...

Their wives however, are gonna get that kitchen remodelling they wanted.
  9. ew

ew Silver

It's funny how the married guys will get more bang for the buck, so to speak.