I cant hear you, LALALALALALALA

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by justbill_redux, Jul 8, 2006.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. sallysts

sallysts

But the Bush foreign policy is working. Exxon only made 10 billion last quarter, a world record quarterly profit.

And to help reduce the American dependency on oil, congress is ready to let us drill in more places. That is real conservation of natural resources.

Remember th Bush tax break for small business, if they bought a real Hummer(not a BJ like us) they did not have to pay luxuary tax on it. That was a real deal for small business, especially with gas prices where they are.
  2. you're killing me
  3. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Those suburban Houston pool volleyball games can be fierce, so don't be sarcastic. And believe me, there were a lot of lines done that day.
  4. The line of the day.
  5. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

Because unlike Clinton, Bush, who answered allegations of alcohol and cocaine abuse with "I've done a lot of thing in the past I regret", found Jesus (via a shirtless vagrant he met in a coffee shop) and all was forgiven.
  6. Mr. Wet Wooly

Mr. Wet Wooly

"Probably" slacked off? More like snorting off. Doing coke and shotgunning cans of Lone Star. He doesn't deny it.

I'm hardly a Kerry fan, but I respect anyone that has the balls to even go to Vietnam.

The closest thing Bush saw to live combat was the pool volleyball game at his rich boy apartment complex.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  7. sallysts

sallysts

How come Clinton smoking weed like the rest of us was such a big deal, but and alcoholic president, who said, "I will not talk about the past" gets a pass? Just like his military record. All I can say is we are all paying for it now.
  8. argleby

argleby

The stupid one is heard from again. And he's still just stupid.
  9. justbill_redux

justbill_redux King Missile

So Tony Snow had to walk back his statement that Bush believed stem-cell research amounted to "murder,". Apparently the new vernacular from the WH requires that it be referred to as "a destruction of human life."

Source http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060724/ap_on_go_pr_wh/snow_stem_cell

So in a sprit of bipartisan support, I retract my characterization of Laura Bush as a “Murderer” and instead wish to substitute the following Laura Bush “Destructor of human life”.

Everyone happy now?
  10. I know, I know, this is from the left:

"The public side of Bush’s guiding strategist is American politics at the summit and in the trenches. In the beginning, as a 21-year old Young Republican in Texas, Karl Rove worked for Don Segretti and later hooked up with incoming Republican National Committee/RNC chair, George H. Walker Bush. Rove's litany of tricks on behalf of the 1972 Nixon campaign put him on the national stage as an up ‘n comer. In his formative political years, Rove was famed for political pranks that made the news. He led a campaign to paint World War II B-24 pilot, George McGovern, a decorated war hero, as a naïve peacenik. In his mid-level career, Rove was known for Atwaterish disinformation and trickster politics. Rove went after presidential candidate McGovern and… Tom Eagleton, Ed Muskie, George Wallace, Jimmy Carter, Gary Hart, Walter Mondale, Al Gore, Shirley Chisholm, Paul Tsongas, Michael Dukakis, Joe Biden, Bob Dole, Bill Clinton, Ross Perot, John McCain… all felt the bite of Segretti-Atwater-Rove attack politics."

http://tinyurl.com/psvlc
  11. Godfrey Sperling, Christian Science Monitor, 12/4/01:

"But the voters in the presidential campaign of 1972 weren't told about what a tough warrior McGovern had been. Instead, the Nixon people passed out rumors that McGovern had showed himself to be a "sissy" in World War II, that he had avoided taking difficult missions and was scorned by his crew.

The McGovern campaign staff made no effort to correct this lie and bring out the fact that they had a courageous tiger as a candidate. He had won one DFC (Distinguished Flying Cross) and was nominated for another."

http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/1204/p11s2-cogs.html

http://tinyurl.com/rx8hy
  12. your opinion. not mine.
  13. Hyabby

Hyabby Guest

It's good that you read right-wing blogs occasionaly. I also sometimes read dailykos.com - it's good to keep up with how the other half thinks.

As for the article you cite, yes, it accuses Murtha of treason. Given that treason includes giving aid and comfort to the enemy in time of war, this is an arguably valid criticism. I'm sure that the late Mr. AlZarqawi took great comfort in John Murtha's condemnation of American troops, as does his successor.

BUT this is all present tense, based on Murtha's present-day statements and views. Where is the denial of his service in Vietnam? Other than repeating a qoute that Murtha himself made to a local PA newspaper in 1994 about the circumstances surrounding his wartime injuries and a repeat of the well-reported criticism by Don Bailey which I already mentioned - WHERE is the accusation that he did not serve honorably in Vietnam?

This whole little sub-thread is about your assertion that "If McGovern was running today the Republicans would trot out someone to say that McGovern didn't actually fly those missions..."

I still say that assertion is ridiculous!
  14. Rokin

Rokin

So you think that some one who avoids going to war by virtue of connections (and who denies that he slacked off on his reserve requirments to further his political career) is a lot better than someone who also had connections, but volunteereed to go to battle (and allegedly exaggerated what occurred at war).
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  15. Slimed him by calling him treasonous.
  16. re: John Kerry

http://tinyurl.com/darc6

It's an article from the June 7, 2005 Boston Globe called "Kerry allows Navy release of military, medical records"
  17. SkellyChamp

SkellyChamp

Sorry.

But now I want Chuck Connors to play me in the movie.
  18. Hyabby

Hyabby Guest

Thank you, argleby.

(Of course, now you-know-who will accuse us of having a gay thang going on ;-)
  19. argleby

argleby

Damn, that's what I was going to say. Excellent post.