I Got Scammed Last Nite By Cityvibe.net

Discussion in 'New York' started by queensny, Feb 8, 2003.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. greekgirlinnj

greekgirlinnj in loco CD

actually i dont..maybe im not their type and i could care less if was or wasnt
  2. justlooking

justlooking

You might think about taking that as an insult.
  3. jackhenry

jackhenry

This the first

time I'm hearing bad things about CityVibe. I had my suspicions. Those silly Luigi endorsements had a foul smell to them. Appreciate knowing the facts, ma'm.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  4. greekgirlinnj

greekgirlinnj in loco CD

to those who may think some us girls that do have ads there do favors for luigi and pierce..NEVER AND REPEAT NEVER..have any of the ny office people every approached me on this..

they have shown me the upmost professionalism, no i dont agree with what they have done to others...
    when i met them last year i brought coffee and donuts, why?? because its a business meeting and it was a gesture on my part..and after a few months i took luigi and pierce to dinner just as i offered to slinky as a gesture of gratitude..

so please dont think some us that have ads there blow these guys for their comments
  5. April

April Member<br><color=red> First in war, first in peace

I used to advertise on CV for CLPC and AE. I experienced total iresponsibility. After paying for my adds (several hundred dolllars I might add, it sometimes took several weeks until all paid for ads were up. I would speak with Tom several times a day , I would be promised time and time again that the problem would be handled that day, it never was. Tom has (after not being well recieved here) told me that UG is the Jerry Springer board and it "doesn't count" They even at one point after I pulled my ads continued to bill my credit card for ads that were never EVER agreed to and he certainly did NOT have permission to bill my credit card, he just used old info from when I did use them. It took many many calls and threats also several weeks going into over a month to get my money back. I could have probably sued him for billing my credit card fraudulently but I guess they are assuming because we (hookers) are engaging in a non legal venture that no one would dare take it that far. He also at one point put a girls aDD IN THE TRANSVESTITE section after she posted something not so glowing about them and refused to advertise. They have contacted me under my other alias about advertising and I started laughing and said I certainly under no circumstances wanted to place an ad with them. The guy then asked me if he knew me, I said oh yes you sure do then I hung up. I was contacted several more times with the same results, I guess they finally got the picture because I no longer hear from them. So girl BEWARE! and under NO circumstances give these guys your credit card info or checking info, in fact play it safe and just don't deal with them. They are really full of shit and will go to any length to get advertisers including lying and false advertising. Unfortunately it always loks like it was the girl who lied and not them. They always use the excuse that they are just an ad site and not an agency and while this IS true they misrepresent girls so the girl will get more calls from them, this usually occurs right before it's time to pay them for another month or so.
  6. vegasjim

vegasjim

I have been out all day playing in the snow. Slinky I agree with everything you said and could not have said it any better. Over the years I know of countless instances where both providers and clients have been screwed over by them. To me that site is a fucking joke and I would not recommend it to anyone either providers or clients. Also BTW that fucked up site still has Heidi pics and info posted. Just unbelievable!
  7. queensny

queensny

Yes, sorry, my apologies..in no way is it this caitlyn that post here on utopia guide
  8. justlooking

justlooking

But you're still talking about a different "Caitlin" from the one who posts here.
  9. queensny

queensny

lol, no caitlin didnt scam me, her friend that she personally recommended did...but something tells me they are both in it..oh well..it's just money...im not really bitching ya know, there is always risk involved when associating with these kind of businesses...but anyways , from now on ill stick to my fellow utopia guiders, :)...so who is the personal favorite here?
  10. For the record (though I'm sure most of you already know this), the "Caitlin" that scammed queensny is not me.
  11. Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender The All Powerful Moderator

Just so you know, we've already had multiple instances where we "kicked" photos without posting them because we had doubts.
  12. Happy Hooker

Happy Hooker

I know you are not on the soap box about Eros, I was just using them as an example of a place that I think is totally legit when it comes to advertising.

UG has just started to build up its ad section and it seems to be doing very well, but I am sure one day you will get duped and someone WILL post a fake ad, and there will be a john out there that will spread the word that UG posts false ads. Its inevitable (my word for today)

However, it is how you handle a situation like that that really proves what kind of business you run.

Someone from CV LA office contacted me a few weeks ago about advertising on their site, and I tried to explain to him that I would never advertise there because of the unscrupulous advertising tactics of the NY office.

Of course my claims fell on deaf ears and I never heard from them again. That just goes to show how much they value their business name.

Thats why I asked what you would do if faced with a false ad on UG.
  13. justlooking

justlooking

Oh. If THAT'S what you mean . . . .
  14. Slinky Bender

While I agree in general, I'll also point out the "they got sick of the general sleaziness of NY CV management". Any while I'll admit that I may be somewhat unique in this respect (although I really, really hope I'm not all that unique) when I come across someone sleazy in business, I don't do business with them. I don't hold my nose and hope for the best. i don't turn my head away and pretend not to notice all the shit they pul on other people. I acknowledge that it's just a matter of time before "it's my tunr", and just walk away. My point? Even the "out of the loop girls" know whtat they are dealing with., and are not quite so "innocent".

I think you very much underestimate their ability to understand which site is driving business their way. Do you really think most don't ask "so, where did you see my ad?" as part of their screening proccess? (but yes, this does assume we're not talking about a total boycott of using anyone on CV, even if you could "get to them" from an alternative source; what I think we're talking about is a boycott of anyone's CV ad, or telling anyone you saw them on CV, but not boycotting someone who has an ad up on Eros simply because they also have an ad up on CV).
  15. justlooking

justlooking

I really don't disagree with you strongly. But that quote above shows why I disagree with you at all.

I would think you'd be the last person to forget that there are a lot of prostitutes out there who are completely out of the "network". So they don't know about Suzy of Idaho and her johns, and they may not know what's going on with CV either.

It's sort of funny, because most of the women of that type whom I know who have ever advertised on CV eventually dropped it because (a) they didn't like the "quality" of the business it generated and (b) they got sick of the general sleaziness of NY CV management. (Although CV's insistence on keeping ads up even after they've been asked to remove them makes it harder to get off CV than it ought to be.) So I guess it's stupid for me to be disagreeing with you at all.

Problem: if someone advertises on other sites as well as CityVibe (as I'd imagine most CV advertisers do), she wouldn't know that a drop in her business was being caused by a CV boycott, so she wouldn't know that she could stop it by stopping dealing with CV. In the end, you'd be hurting all the advertisers and all the ad sites they deal with as well as CV. So would you really be sending a message to CityVibe that way?
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2003
  16. Slinky Bender

But I'm not up on a soap box about Eros. This isn't a rant about "everybody but UG". I'm being very specific here.*

* Although I will note that with LI, there are things they "knew or should have known" about a certain group out there which makes me believe there is at least some culpability on the sight's part.
  17. Happy Hooker

Happy Hooker

Thats what I thought you would do because you have something Cityvibe doesnt have.....

You are correct, I forgot they had done that as well.. My bad. However, I truly doubt Eros does this. (I could be wrong, but I dont think they operate this way)

I had always suspected that, but wasnt sure if it was true.
  18. Slinky Bender

I think it's more "they never did that to me" than not being aware of what they have done to others, and they are getting business from the place, so "it's every girl for herself". There's just too much widespread "knowledge" of what goes on over there for the denials to be believable.

"The smoke? Oh, we just thought is was the factory. We don't know anything about any 'Death Camps' ". Sure. But they know when some guy forgot to shave his balls 3 weeks ago last Thursday before seeing Suzy of Idaho.
  19. justlooking

justlooking

I care about what I thought was going on in Florida more than I'd care about CityVibe's trading ads for sex because the Florida stuff implicated customers and what was supposed to be an internet discussion board, whereas the CityVibe situation is simply hijinks among the supply side. I don't think anyone is shocked by the possibility of misconduct by the supply side in the sex industry. I myself would be shocked if trading ads for sex didn't occur. But in any event, I don't care about it.*

As for bogus endorcements, I do care about that, obviously. But I'd think it was fair to punish all CV's advertisers for CV's misconduct in that regard only if I thought they all knew about it (which is what differentiates this situation from the television analogies slinkybender advanced elsewhere). And based on conversations I've had with CV advertisers, I don't think they all do.
    * As for CV's stealing sex from prostitutes by promising them ads that never materialize, obviously I think that's reprehensible. But that's another example of CV's victimizing prostitutes, so it would be another case where a boycott would hurt the very people you're saying you want to protect.
  20. jasonbuju

jasonbuju

for me this makes the site different from simply an ad site.

when one of the owners has to put out a new mission statement to certify his special section warning lights begin to flash to me.